India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

We actors are not your mothers - Saif

BullsEye777 IF-Sizzlerz
BullsEye777
BullsEye777

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 2:30am | IP Logged
Saif Ali Khan shoots from the hip about allegations that Go Goa Gone violates the Cigarette Smoking Act

While Saif Ali Khan knew it was a gamble venturing into the world of zombies, the producer of Go Goa Gone, directed by Raj Nidimoru and Krishna DK, is enthused by the favourable response the film's trailer has garnered.

Says the actor-filmmaker: "I am feeling great. Sometimes, our job is to do something unexpected. It's very tempting to follow the beaten path. It's so boring making the same thing. When Kunal Khemu got the script and the directors narrated it to me, I thought it was very funny and unusual."

But hasn't the Goa Government lashed out against his production house Illuminati Films, alleging defamation of the state and violation of the Cigarette Smoking Act? Saif seems rather amused. "I will sort it out," he says.

But doesn't he think showing actors smoking on the big screen has an adverse impact on society? "This is a very last generation idea. We actors are not your mothers to tell you that smoking is bad. Why can't I just be an actor? I don't smoke in my personal life..." he shoots back.

Far from being anxious about the controversy that has erupted over his film, Saif is hoping the CBFC (Censor Board of Certification) will support him.

"Why are these NGOs not objecting to the guns and the killing in the film? How about banning video games that have more violence than films? As for the allegations of misusing Goa's name, isn't Goa the party capital of India? I want to make movies in peace, and Go Goa Gone is not meant to be offensive. It's not trying to glorify violence or drugs. These guys should see the film and then decide," he says.

Asked about the buzz that he is doing a film with Kabir Khan, Saif replies in the affirmative. He sounds upbeat about the fate of Go Goa Gone that is slated to hit theatres next month. "I have a feeling people will like it," he rounds off.

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

cutiepiexoxyouknowmerose-girlkumari3KkkkkingKhanILoveDramasajni_ka_sajnaMadhuriDixitBazingaapreity*zinta-SMay31-Pentaminous.The-VoiceOJ6.0chimchimcher-eeGodhuliLogonglace-bleue

guess_wh0 IF-Dazzler

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 5:13am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 39 member(s) liked the above post:

Pocketaj_12sidra246tanya12ritika06RaisinsMeeraHKBarfiilavyMehr-kveenab.Anamika.Evashsweet_angel27HaeyeolMiss CherieYankeesrini_katMadhuriDixitTiyalikawal_takdesigrl05desicrowdReal.MadridanitaraniTheEmpressKai..Sad.But.True.-JollyJabeen-ViccoTurmericd-_-bOJ6.0chimchimcher-eexAaliyaani_gribelieveinpinkfire_gunTony_StraK786TheRager

Starktastic IF-Stunnerz
Starktastic
Starktastic

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 5:19am | IP Logged
I agree with his take. An actor's job is to act and not to be a role model. If people are influenced by actors, that's their choice

The following 37 member(s) liked the above post:

PocketcutiepiexoxDarkangel_MoMoritika06MeeraHKKkkkkingKhanzaara.khanyouknowmerose-girlkumari3mz.gigglezILoveDramaSRK-BEBONa1nasajni_ka_sajnaNew_novaPiyuu_SRKMiss CherieYankeesMoodyFoodieTiyaliMadhuriDixit-SMay31-U-No-PooRolzzBazingaaViccoTurmericMephistoChameli_billiOJ6.0SahiPakdeHai.desigal90The.Lannisterruky786MR.KooL-RohitMaxwell--SalShah4eva-

desigal90 IF-Stunnerz
desigal90
desigal90

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 5:22am | IP Logged
Love his examples about showing violence in games and movies.
If the public is that stupid, then there's no limit to what you should start to censor.
And this smoking ban is really dumb.
The stupid ticker shows up on every clip in movies whenever a character is shown smoking.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

cutiepiexoxMeeraHKKkkkkingKhanzaara.khanrose-girlsajni_ka_sajnapreity*zinta-SMay31-MR.KooL

Teh_Batman IF-Dazzler
Teh_Batman
Teh_Batman

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 5:23am | IP Logged
Why do the actors work in strong scripts then? Most films are meant to get the audience attached.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Tony_StraK786

TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 5:28am | IP Logged
Actors are beggers. They beg you to see their films and throw your money at them.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Pocketaj_12Barfiiguess_wh0.Sad.But.True.bambogliBazingaaStarktasticfire_gun

MR.KooL IF-Addictz
MR.KooL
MR.KooL

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 5:46am | IP Logged
 govt should ban cigarettes instead of  doing all this dramabazi as simple as that..  In one hand, they allows people to sell cigarette  and on the otherhand, poking nose in others business to control smoking.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

SRK-BEBOsajni_ka_sajnaNew_novaBazingaa-Priya-Tony_StraK786

guess_wh0 IF-Dazzler

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 5:49am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

Pocketchatpati900Miss Cherierini_katsunflower52.Sad.But.True.Sultan_Of_SwingNkapoor3d-_-bReal.Madridfire_gun-Priya-TheRagerTony_StraK786

Go to top