Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

An Open Letter To Shahid Kapoor

ForeverSHINee IF-Dazzler
ForeverSHINee
ForeverSHINee

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 12:26am | IP Logged
Dear Shahid Kapoor 

What do I call you? Charlie of Guddu? Well brother, you are not a KAMINEY as is being made out to be. Yes, yes, I have heard of the Yash Raj film you were supposed to do. I also read somewhere that you had to pull out because of ''other commitments.'' But insiders say that there were serious ''issues'' because of which you were replaced.

Anyways, next time you give a commitment, be sure you do not listen to even yourself! 

Jokes apart, I do hope one of those ''issues'' was not ego. Even if it was, I do hope it has been tamed, or rather crushed. You are too good an actor to be sidelined. In fact, you are slated to rule the roost for a long time to come in the near future. How do I know? Well, it's in your genes! 

Years ago, when Doordarshan was the only Television channel, I was hooked on to a Sunday morning television show PHIR WOHI TALAASH. It had your lovely mother Neelima Azeem playing a pivotal role. Apart from looking smashing, she was also a powerful actor. I was impressed then. There was also KARAMCHAND! And your dad, Pankaj Kapur's talent is something that not many can match up to. It's a pity that he took himself too seriously as a director with MAUSAM; but that is for another season! 

Kundan Shah's JAANE BHI DO YAARO (1983) and Bhavana Talwar's DHARM (2007) are two performances that have floored me. I have seen that same spark in you in KAMINEY and JAB WE MET. In fact make those three performances because Kaminey had two of you! I know it's too late, but thank you for writing back to me after my review of the film. It does help us critics when our work is appreciated. I did not write back because by then I had lost your number and now when I tried to get it, I was given three [numbers]! 

I was told that they belong to your PR. I hate going through PRs. You know something; they do more harm than good to an actor. Sometimes, they feel they are the star. Poor star, he does not even know someone is trying to get in touch with him. Here, most journalists have to pamper the PR's ego. And that is not a nice thing for a star. 

Let me narrate to you a simple incident. I was doing an interview for a Dubai publication and I got in touch with this super-duper actress who has recently stormed the scene. She was quite enthusiastic and told me to get in touch with her PR. She said, and I quote, ''He might get upset if he knows you came straight to me.'' I did contact the PR who was shocked to learn that I had already spoken to the actress. ''You spoke to her?'' was his question as though that was the greatest crime I had committed. On the other end of the line I could see his ego getting bruised. To cut the long story short, I never did follow up.

You need to start afresh; new image, new approach. Talent is there but how you harness it will be the key factor here. Everyone makes mistakes, even the best of us. But staying in that 'mistake zone' is the biggest mistake we all do. Shrug yourself, jump out and grab the Box Office. It's yours. And yes, shake off that ego as well. 

Scripture is clear in Proverbs 18:12 when it says, ''Pride comes before downfall, but humility precedes honour.'' There is honour in acting in store for you... plenty of it! 

There are also three Kapoors who will rule the roost in the years to come: Ranbir, Sonam and You. 

Sorry, make that four. There is also director Subhash who is a Jolly good contender now. 

Sincerely 
Martin D'Souza 

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

hedwig_fawkeskareena05DriftInfinitelyiria_luvsLindorcanuck-umzViccoTurmericOJ6.0Jupiters_Cockruky786

togepe30 IF-Stunnerz
togepe30
togepe30

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 3:13am | IP Logged
I disagree with the last line...
Sonam ruling the roost?? Not happening ever !!

I think Shahid is ruined...He needs atleast 2-3 back to back super hits NOW if he wants to get back the lost ground...IMO hez finished if he stays this way for 2 more years !!

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

ForeverSHINeemz.giggleziria_luvsLindorcanuck-umzabby_girl30-StrAnGer-ruky786

canuck-umz IF-Rockerz
canuck-umz
canuck-umz

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 3:17am | IP Logged
Poor guy! Blame solely falls on his shoulders for ruining his own career. What a waste of talent. 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

ForeverSHINeeiria_luvsLindorabby_girl30MoodyFoodieTheEmpresstogepe30

don12 Goldie
don12
don12

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 4:51am | IP Logged
Why do people think Shahid is a good actor...???

To me he is nothing but wannabe SRK...He tries to copy SRK in mannerism..dialogue delivery...When original is still ruling the roost why the hell people will go for some photo-copy...
New_nova IF-Rockerz
New_nova
New_nova

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 5:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by don12

Why do people think Shahid is a good actor...???

To me he is nothing but wannabe SRK...He tries to copy SRK in mannerism..dialogue delivery...When original is still ruling the roost why the hell people will go for some photo-copy...

Because  of Kamminey. He was really brilliant in that film and I was thinking after watching Kamminey that he will be the next big thing. But poor script selections and his attitude ruined his perfect career. But he still has chance to survive I think.  

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ForeverSHINeeDriftInfinitely-afghaniibabeViccoTurmericNkapoor3

Hakuna-Matataa IF-Rockerz
Hakuna-Matataa
Hakuna-Matataa

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 11:54am | IP Logged
shahid is good looking. good physic. great dancer. numerous fan following. can act. he has given good movies earlier. he is experienced, yet has age on his side.
but he has rubbed many people the wrong way. has big ego. n he is his no.1 enemy.
if he could give one hit movie, he can still get back in the game. but now one hit movie seems very difficult to achieve for him.

if those rumors are true - rajashri production with amrita rao - then he has some chance.
Jupiters_Cock IF-Stunnerz
Jupiters_Cock
Jupiters_Cock

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 11:57am | IP Logged
Heres another guy who has talent but  wasting it 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ForeverSHINee

DriftInfinitely IF-Rockerz
DriftInfinitely
DriftInfinitely

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 1:32pm | IP Logged
I didn't know that he was this unpopular in the industry?

Go to top