Saif jittery abt Sajid film; Sajid loses HF series

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
SAJID EXITS THE HOUSE

After directing two parts of the Housefull franchise, Sajid Khan won't be working on the third; producer Sajid Nadiadwala says their "deal is over"

Two films and over R300 crore worth of business. With that kind of box-office record, it's hardly surprising that that the comedy franchise, Housefull, is to get a third part. What is surprising, however, is that producer Sajid Nadiadwala is willing to change a winning combination: he confirms that Sajid Khan, who directed the first two parts, will not helm part three.

"I had a three-film deal with Sajid Khan when I got him to direct Heyy Babyy (2007). And with Housefull (2010) and Housefull 2 (2012), the deal is over. Henceforth, the franchise, which is going to be announced every two years, will have a new director every time," explains Nadiadwala.

According to industry sources, however, other factors may have contributed to Nadiadwala's decision. Khan will apparently be busy from September with two back-to-back films, one each with UTV and Vashu Bhagnani. He won't have time till mid-next year for any other venture.

Nadiadwala aims to release Housefull 3 in the latter part of 2014.

"I will start shooting in January 2014," he says.

Akshay Kumar and Riteish Deshmukh, who starred in the first two parts, will be retained for the third film as well. The rest of the cast, however, is set to change.

"Sajid will rope in two more actors and three actresses for the film," says an insider.

At the moment, Khan is in London to do a recce of his next film. When we called him, he sounded genuinely surprised. When asked about Nadiadwala's decision, all he could manage to say was "That's damn good, yaar (sic)", before hanging up.

Source: Hindustan Times
Edited by MrsMalhotra - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Who wouldnt be the guys last film flopped πŸ˜‰

But Aamir Srk Salman would never turn their back in a flop filmmaker if Saif wants to be in that league then he needs to keep his word or else just a douche πŸ˜‰
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Saif should run away from Sajid as fast as he can...

Sajid won't get any A-listers to work with him now...He will have to make do with the likes of Aayushman and Sushant...who knows even they might refuse...only hope now is KRK...
TheRager thumbnail
I dont think Saif has any way out. πŸ˜†The film was announced long back and Sajid and re-announced it around Himmatwala's release.
cutiepiexox thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
LOL should of thought more carefully before signing that film, and now hes screwed πŸ˜†
d-_-b thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Maybe Sajid has learnt from his mistakes and will improve with this movie.πŸ˜†

Originally posted by: cutiepiexox

<div align="center"><font color="#9900FF" face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="4">LOL should of thought more carefully before signing that film, and now hes screwed πŸ˜†
</font></div>

Not neccasarily you never know bollywood is magical place anything can happen .

The guy who made kites was the guy who made Barfi food for thought πŸ˜†
TheRager thumbnail
What is the relationship between Sajid Nadiadwala and Sajid Khan? Doesnt Farah tie Rakhi to both? He first gave a kick to Farah's husband from Kick and now to Farah's brother.
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Damn, no more Housefull from Sajid either? How people fall.

Kal El thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Man I hope Saif doesn't chicken out of this movie. I really want to see him and Big B in a Sajid Khan movie. It's going to be ridiculously awesome!