India-Forums

Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon
Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon

RishBala: The male perspective: Edited

UK_VS Senior Member
UK_VS
UK_VS

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 10:43pm | IP Logged
So this post has come from a discussion with my husband. As I have written in this forum, my husband is puzzled over my RK obsession and now showed interest on the reason/s. I briefed him on MBEIEJ especially the RishBala relationship.

No bashing but am open to discussion. 

His observations and analysis:

a) Madhu has a knack of over interfering in matters such as Mukund-RK, RK-others and now Sultan. He says, when people have no time for family and friends, where does she get the time?Wink

b) She is caring, generous, good hearted, sincere, honest and all that. When RK hit Mukund, Madhu took him to court. They insulted each other, made lives hell and Madhu got RK arrested also. When RK offered Mukund's family money, she intefered and convinced Mukund not to. She has a tendency to involve herself in matters beyond her purview. When she could drag RK to court, why is she aiding and abetting a criminal? Is it because he has a child and she shares a good bonding with the kid? So, if RK had been a father, would she have behaved differently?

c) RK warned Madhu of the consequences but she took the risk. In the process, she ruined her career, her sister's career and also her parents. But she stuck to the truth even when Mukund's family wanted to back out. Hence, Madhu should not crib (male perspective). You pay a price for taking on arrogance. Does that mean we have be quiet...NO but we have to be prepared.

d) After Shamsher's being beaten (not by RK but Bittuji and his men), RK bid farewell (remember the hospital scene). But Madhu could not stop herself. She slapped RK not once but four times in front of all at his workplace. She humiliated and insulted him. So, did his self respect not take a beating, did his ego not get hurt then? I am sure we applauded Madhu but did we think of RK and his feelings? How many of us would like the men in our lives be insulted by strange women?
My husband asked me " You are upset that RK played with her feelings and respect in the revenge drama BUT what about his feelings and respect". Every action has an equal and opposite reaction...thats all. She insulted him in his work place where in he worked hard to build a name and reputation.
**The one thing about RK is his concern for the unit members...not the heroines or director but technicians etc. He respects and cares for them so when she insulted and slapped him in front of them...he was pissed.

e) RK married Madhu (even if it were only 4 pheras). He could have used other means but did not. He gave the relationship a legal sanctity through a contract. During marriage, did he have sex with her? He could have but he chose not to. Deep in his heart, RK respects women although they have played with his heart (Radha ji and Dips). Why does not Madhu give him credit for that?

f) RK initiated the Shamsher-Padmini wedding. Today, if Padmini is happily married and their relationship has a name...it is because of RK. Did the Malliks not think of that? For some one, who has issues with his own step father and his mother's re-marriage, he still took this step? So, does that make RK bad?

g) In the revenge drama, RK showed concern. He did not take off her mangalsutra or break her green bangles. She did. He insulted her just as she did him but he respected the symbols of marriage.

h) One cannot deny that RK is a good friend and decent husband. Yes, he is not mature as Sultan but he is more intense than him. RK was married to Madhu but respected his boundaries, Sultan has known Madhu for a few days and has started to act weird. 

Please note, I am not defending RK. I hate him for using a pure emotion such as love to play with Madhu. The means does not justify the end BUT did she not ask for it?  But after this I am looking at RishBala in a new light.

I would not want another revenge drama or a silly love triangle to UNFOLD. I wish creatives does a good job on his redemption and love story.

Many in the forum had an issue with the words tit for tat. My bad. I have edited it to every action has an equal and opposite reaction (so true with RK now). The edition is thanks to a comment posted in the discussion. Please note, gender empowerment is not just about women but also about men.

Edited by UK_VS - 10 April 2013 at 4:21am

The following 41 member(s) liked the above post:

TechnashanmanjuritabritasyasyaOnlinechic1siyakeraghavDazlingdivyalovehappinessrupa1939mahimeshalove_arshaRoshiniManeetllMinHollsweetdearaan-rishRuthlessQueenhansa22soni28madhvi4gurti-Nuts-cardio21Ananya05zoya_naziyaarpita20..FrozenHeart..supercool3anitaraniDushtDanaf.enigmatic_zephy..sairat..dreamyjenniceLooteri_Dulhanayaazukideewani-Dil-_charu_Maria-capri_Tangled_war_is_peacetrolldemort.Eternal_StudThe.Lannister

ayaazukideewani IF-Sizzlerz
ayaazukideewani
ayaazukideewani

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 10:57pm | IP Logged
awesome.dear
love.ot a lot
finally a pot which describes not only mb or other feelings but RKs tooo
your.husband is very right
RG.has a huge ego but he has reapect and feelings too which can be hurt.by.someone and.mb did that

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

syasyarupa1939RuthlessQueenMaria-capri

zoya_naziya IF-Rockerz
zoya_naziya
zoya_naziya

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 11:17pm | IP Logged
Nice post:)
thiko Newbie
thiko
thiko

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 11:19pm | IP Logged
100 percent agree. 

All the reasons you have mentioned are correct. I am also having the same thoughts. RK is a superstar and when an ordinary person is facing issues with big people, he/she should be prepared for the consequences also. 

He is giving respect to other women in the sets etc. 

But, he should not have done that revenge in the name of her love. That is the point everybody is telling now. For that he has to realize it  and ask for forgiveness instead he didn't even ask for a sorry.  And now, he is forcing her to stay at his Mansion.  

Now, all his revenge is over and at least now he should give respect to her, try to understand her feelings and encourage her to do some good job/work in film industry itself.

About MB : Currently she is helping some gangster , against to law.  This track is totally irritating. Introducing a third character  between the leads-  I am not at all feeling good or entertained.

By the way I am a middle  aged woman. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

syasyaRuthlessQueenwar_is_peaceMaria-capri

anitarani IF-Sizzlerz
anitarani
anitarani

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 11:27pm | IP Logged
Superb analysis Day Dreaming Agree with every single point..Most importantly he respected his boundaries in marriage ..never forcing himself on her even though sharing the same bed.

I too wish creatives do a good job on his redemption and love story.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

syasyaMaria-capri_charu_

InkyCupid Goldie
InkyCupid
InkyCupid

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 11:35pm | IP Logged
It's like saying rape is justified just because a women doesn't dress properly.The girl's asking for it isn't she, by dressing like a hag? What's wrong with that?Also, Madhu slapped hims for a valid reason, in RK's case his larger sized ego was bruised.Also, he left a woman at the altar, do you have ANY idea how that feels? Nothing compared to the justified bashing she serves him.She gave him his heart, she was kind to him and then he goes and crushes it.. and now that she is moving on he wants her back.So romantic

P.SI apologize if this is offensive in any manner, it's simply my humble opinion and questions that I would like answer's to.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Wanderer-Rolzz

Maria-capri IF-Sizzlerz
Maria-capri
Maria-capri

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 11:58pm | IP Logged
Superb analysis good post Embarrassed

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

RuthlessQueen

RuthlessQueen IF-Dazzler
RuthlessQueen
RuthlessQueen

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 11:58pm | IP Logged
Hahhaha awesome post! LOL LMAO! Kudos to your hubby for the reality check and thank you for sharing this! It's a very refreshing post! 

I absolutely agree with you on each and every aspect, except the slapping thing. I think even Madhu was humiliated because of RK's interview! But I think she went overboard with slapping him four times. One slap would have been sufficient. 

The rest I agree with you 100%! A big applause to you and your hubby!

I would not want another revenge drama or a silly love triangle to UNFOLD.
Spot on! Even I don't want a triangle! I think it's absurd! I don't want this show to turn into another Twilight story! Dead

I simply want my Rishbala to work out things and be with each other! No third parties, please!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

syasyasweetdearsoni28-Dil-anitarani

Go to top