neha333
neha333

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 3:35am | IP Logged
Hmm..no idea

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 4:04am | IP Logged
They can cost from Rs. 2000 to Rs. 8000 depending on the fabric and decorative work on it, plus whether it is bought off the rack at a good department store or whether the  buyer goes in for a designer outfit.

In the latter case, the mark up, as everywhere for designer wear, can be up to 300% depending on how famous the designer is, even if his/her creations are nothing spectacular in specific instances.

I would think that the kind of georgettish churidar kameez outfits Ovi wears would be around Rs. 2-3000, going by the ones advertised all the time in the papers.. A heavy pure silk outfit with a lot of zari and zardozi work would of course cost a lot more. A wedding lehenga can go well over i lakh.

But I am sure Balaji have a large inhouse tailoring department, as any good production house would have, which would make it easy to fit the outfits perfectly and also save a lot of money. A star like Ankita might of course be allowed to go outside for her outfits.

As for those backless blouses, I live in Pune, which is a large cosmopolitan city, and I have NEVER seen any woman turned out like that in public.Even at weddings.  However, the string tied at the top of the back of a low cut blouse is common in the servant classes. as it is a gipsy style adopted by city dwellers.

I hope this was useful.

Shyamala B.Cowsik

Originally posted by sugni007

Can someone tell me how much all these salwar/dresses cost?- the ones Ovi and Punni wear now-a-days?

Also, do people really wear those kind of blouses (what punni wears) on everyday basis?

Just curious

Go to top