Pavitra Rishta

off story question

sugni007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Can someone tell me how much all these salwar/dresses cost?- the ones Ovi and Punni wear now-a-days?

Also, do people really wear those kind of blouses (what punni wears) on everyday basis?

Just curious

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nicegirl_good thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Lol I live in Canada but I do see many people wearing blouses like punni does
As far as the salwar suits concern I assume they will be well about 10,000 to 15,000
But you also have to understand that for them it's probably much less since they buy/ alter them a lot together
Never_alone1 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Hmm..Edited by bravearvians - 11 years ago
Never_alone1 thumbnail
Maybe around 10,000 - 15,000 dear !
sugni007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thanks. 

I meant those blouses (complete backless) in day to day in India? the way they show Punni wearing all the time.
naomihyuga thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: bravearvians

Maybe around 10,000 - 15,000 dear !

tanya are you serious about the cost i don't think so punni's may cost that much but not ovi's
@sugni they don't wear that kind of blouse daily dear 
Never_alone1 thumbnail
Originally posted by: naomihyuga

tanya are you serious about the cost i don't think so punni's may cost that much but not ovi's
@sugni they don't wear that kind of blouse daily dear

hehe.. I knw ovi dress are not so costly ! I'm saying abt punni tai's dresses kalyani !
naomihyuga thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: bravearvians

hehe.. I knw ovi dress are not so costly ! I'm saying abt punni tai's dresses kalyani !

ya those chamkili type of dresses cost much lesser
sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
They can cost from Rs. 2000 to Rs. 8000 depending on the fabric and decorative work on it, plus whether it is bought off the rack at a good department store or whether the  buyer goes in for a designer outfit.

In the latter case, the mark up, as everywhere for designer wear, can be up to 300% depending on how famous the designer is, even if his/her creations are nothing spectacular in specific instances.

I would think that the kind of georgettish churidar kameez outfits Ovi wears would be around Rs. 2-3000, going by the ones advertised all the time in the papers.. A heavy pure silk outfit with a lot of zari and zardozi work would of course cost a lot more. A wedding lehenga can go well over i lakh.

But I am sure Balaji have a large inhouse tailoring department, as any good production house would have, which would make it easy to fit the outfits perfectly and also save a lot of money. A star like Ankita might of course be allowed to go outside for her outfits.

As for those backless blouses, I live in Pune, which is a large cosmopolitan city, and I have NEVER seen any woman turned out like that in public.Even at weddings.  However, the string tied at the top of the back of a low cut blouse is common in the servant classes. as it is a gipsy style adopted by city dwellers.

I hope this was useful.

Shyamala B.Cowsik

Originally posted by: sugni007

Can someone tell me how much all these salwar/dresses cost?- the ones Ovi and Punni wear now-a-days?

Also, do people really wear those kind of blouses (what punni wears) on everyday basis?

Just curious