Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Saumya19 thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Now this is something not in good taste...seriously...I mean if this is the acid test for a psychopath and it is a test but unfortunately RK has failed this test and he is not a psychopath...he may be a man in need of help but deffo not psychopath...i did understand your previous post but this is way out of line
EnchantedForest thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

1. Considerable superficial charm and average or above average intelligence.

Yes we all know RK is charming thnx to the great dialogues by Raghuvir and the team he has come across as exceptionally charming. The sarcastic one liners, the biwi and the humor help lighten up the emotional abuse he puts Madhu through. But only on the outside, inside he is a mess.

2. Absence of delusions and other signs of irrational thinking.

We don't even need to explain this in detail. Irrational thinking, he carries Madhu home against her will like she is his object. He breaks trays because he doesn't like Madhu cooking for him. The constant pack ups for no reason. All the tantrums!!!

3. Absence of anxiety or other "neurotic" symptoms. Considerable poise, calmness and verbal facility.

Yes we saw this in the beginning when he wasn't at all remorseful or worried about what he did to Mukand he thought he could get away with it because he was RK. Even now he crashes into a tree nearly dies but when Sultan rescues him instead of show worry he is cracking jokes in the back.

4. Unreliability, disregard for obligations, no sense of responsibility, in matters of little and great import.

Yes we all can see how he neglects work and drinks and drive like there is no tmrw.

5. Untruthfulness and insincerity.

Biggest one hear he always complained about how others like Dipali where untruthful to him yet he did the same thing to the one person who loved him unconditionally Madhu.

6. Antisocial behavior which is inadequately motivated and poorly planned, seeming to stem from an inexplicable impulsiveness.

He had failed in every single relationship before he met Madhu. It was Madhu who came and taught him the importance of relationships. The only real friend he had was Bittuji which is more of a professional relationship. Still not much of a family man.

7. Inadequately motivated antisocial behavior.

IT is basically the same as above he was never motivated in relationships before Madhu. And now is just close to his mother because he needs someone to lean on emotionally.

8. Poor judgment and failure to learn from experience.

still has learned that hurting others your hurting yourself the most. again the drinking and driving

9. Pathological egocentricity. Total self-centeredness and an incapacity for real love and attachment.

Yes he is attached to Madhu only for his ego that how could she move on so quickly. He is only gratifying his insecurities and his ego by bringing her home. He hasn't thought once about the pain she might be in.

10. General lack of deep and lasting emotions.

Has no deep lasing emotion he can slap Bittuji when he wants to love him when he needs him. Loves his mother occasionally when he needs her and is close to Madhu when he needs her.

11. Lack of any true insight; inability to see oneself as others do.

Dipali of all people need to show him the mirror of his hyprocracy that he treated Madhu the same way she had treated him. I mean come on WAKE UP DUDE!!!

12. Ingratitude for any special considerations, kindness and trust.

Yup after the numerous times Madhu saved his life, gave him her blood, nursed him, prayed for him, fixed his relationships up he still and the heart to betray and humiliate her.

13. Fantastic and objectionable behavior, after drinking and sometimes even when not drinking. Vulgarity, rudeness, quick mood shifts, pranks for facile entertainment.

Throwing things after getting drunk, calling ppl in the middle of the night for stupid reasons (the way he called Madhu regarding Sultan's manhood) Breaking glass around other in the middle of the night

14. No history of genuine suicide attempts.

No his only suicide attempt will be to earn back Madhu's sympathy. Drinking and Driving don't count that is just plain stupidity.

15. An impersonal, trivial, and poorly integrated sex life.

We don't even need to get into this

16. Failure to have a life plan and to live in any ordered way  (unless it is for destructive purposes or a sham).

Yes he planned to be a sad loner his whole and honestly that is what he deserved.

Edited by Gurtiluv - 11 years ago
Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Hey,

you have done a good research:)

RK is someone  with "God complex". His arrogance, anger, " I am superiors to others " points toward that. Psychopath is a little bit extreme because we have not reached to that point.

There is no doubt television has impact on us but i do believe the makers never said they will send out any social message through this show. It was supposed to be about a simple girl entering movie world and become the next super star🤔. For me its just a time pass - a fictional show and thats it:)

PS! In real life - I would have got myself restraining order if someone like RK existed in my life😉

Panthera thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: mytinypaintings

Now this is something not in good taste...seriously...I mean if this is the acid test for a psychopath and it is a test but unfortunately RK has failed this test and he is not a psychopath...he may be a man in need of help but deffo not psychopath...i did understand your previous post but this is way out of line

Seriously you think he has failed this test? Or are you in denial? Remember psychopaths don't show ALL the symptoms listed to be diagonised. Must admit its in medical speak and therefore difficult to translate across to RK behavioural examples. Here is a more average reader friendly description:

Key symptoms of a Psychopath/Sociopath:

1. Glib and superficial
2. Egocentric and grandiose
3. Lack of remorse or guilt
4. Lack of empathy
5. Deceitful and manipulative
6. Shallow emotions

Psychopaths can be very effective in presenting themselves well and are often very likable and charming. To some people, however, they seem too slick and smooth, too obviously insincere and superficial. Astute observers often get the impression that psychopaths are play-acting, mechanically, "reading their lines".

Sociopaths are very egocentric individuals that lack a sense of personal responsibility and morality. They may be impulsive, manipulative, reckless, quarrelsome, and consistent liars.

The sociopath may be an excellent actor, always appearing charming, calm, and collected. They usually have a normal or above normal intelligence level and good verbal fluency. It is these qualities that sometimes place the sociopath in leadership positions within their social groups and often make it hard to spot their "black side".

from www.findlaci2003.us

Psychopaths can be very sociable, even though they are antisocial behind their "mask" in the sense that their "emotions" are completely fake. They are masters at manipulating others for their personal gain. Their charm, in fact, is legendary.

Psychopaths are experts at using people. They can ask anything of anyone without embarrassment and because of their outgoing seducing friendliness, their use of "poor innocent me! I am such a GOOD person and I have been treated so BADLY!" the victim invariably gets sucked into giving the psychopath what they ask for - no matter how outrageous.

Psychopaths are masters at faking emotions in order to manipulate others. One psychologist reported that if you actually catch them in the act of committing a crime, or telling a lie, "they will immediately justify their actions by self pity and blaming another, by creating a heart-rending scene of faked emotional feelings." These fake emotions are only for effect, as the careful observer will note. The Psychopath considers getting their way or getting out of trouble using faked emotions as a victory over another person.

Psychopaths are incapable of feeling concern or remorse for the consequences of their actions. They can calmly rationalize their insensitive and bizarre behavior all the while attributing malice to everyone but themselves. When caught in a lie, they will manipulate others or stories to their own advantage without any fear of being found out - even if it is obvious to everyone around them that they WILL be found out.

Psychopaths cannot feel fear for themselves, much less empathy for others. Most normal people, when they are about to do something dangerous, illegal, or immoral, feel a rush of worry, nervousness, or fear. Guilt may overwhelm them and prevent them from even committing the deed. The psychopath feels little or nothing. 

The psychopath seems to be full of something akin to deep greed. They manifest this inner state in many ways. One of the most common ways is to steal something of value to their victim (valuables), or to hurt/slander the victim or something or someone the victim loves. In the psychopath's mind, this is justified because the victim crossed him, did not give him what he wanted, or rejected him (or her).

Psychopaths lie for the sake of lying. They can convey the deepest heart-felt message without meaning a word of it. They can also tell the most outrageous stories simply in order to be at the center of attention and to get what they want.

The psychopath is obsessed with control even if they give the impression of being helpless. Their pretense to emotional sensitivity is really part of their control function: The higher the level of belief in the psychopath that can be induced in their victim through their dramas, the more "control" the psychopath believes they have. And in fact, this is true. They DO have control when others believe their lies. Sadly, the degree of belief, the degree of "submission" to this control via false representation, generally produces so much pain when the truth is glimpsed that the victim would prefer to continue in the lie than face the fact that they have been duped. The psychopath counts on this. It is part of their "actuarial calculations." It gives them a feeling of power.

It is all too easy to fall under the spell of the charismatic psychopath. There are many who do the psychopath's bidding without realizing that they have been subtly and cleverly controlled. They can even be manipulated to perform criminal acts, or acts of sabotage against another - innocent - person on behalf of the psychopath. Very often, when this is realized by the victim, that they have caused suffering in innocent people at the behest of a liar, again they prefer to deny this than to face up to the truth of their own perfidy and gullibility.

from "A Natural State of Pschopathy", by Laura Knight-Jadzyk

Panthera thumbnail
Originally posted by: Aahaana

Hey,

you have done a good research:)

RK is someone  with "God complex". His arrogance, anger, " I am superiors to others " points toward that. Psychopath is a little bit extreme because we have not reached to that point.

There is no doubt television has impact on us but i do believe the makers never said they will send out any social message through this show. It was supposed to be about a simple girl entering movie world and become the next super star🤔. For me its just a time pass - a fictional show and thats it:)

PS! In real life - I would have got myself restraining order if someone like RK existed in my life😉

Yeah me too! But my question is...why is an indian girl in an indian soap never shown to do this? Why is she always shown to be simple and simple is equated with weak? More importantly why is it shown that its good to be that why and ok coz at the end it works out all "happy happy" . Its either that or a la Padmini she kills him. Never anything positive or women self respecting?

Social msge is sent out IRRESPECTIVE of whether the makers intend to or not! THAT is the point I am making. If they can't don't want to send a positive one, why send a damaging one?
Edited by Oh_No_Soaps - 11 years ago
sdfan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This is not going anywhere - please stop your opinions and just enjoy the serial!   
There have been worse serials/films where abuse physically and verbally has been as bad as real life - have  not we  watched  them  than why  complain abt RK's character in Madhubala!   This is how he is to be portrayed and that is what is happening in the serial!  I must say Vivian Desena is doing a gr8 job protraying it and it is hats off to him!   

Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

^^Oh_No_Soaps - Madhu projects herself to be a simple, but her character goes beyond that. In my opinion, she's as equally as crazy as him. And why would you say that she doesn't respect herself? If she did lack self-respect, she would've gone back to RK the next day after he dumped him. But she didn't. Even while she was living with him, Madhu still stood her ground. 

Second, no one is glofirying what RK is doing. The comments that side characters make reflect that. So, even indirectly, the CVs aren't sending a wrong message. If Madhu was submissive to everything RK did, then I would've agreed that it sends a wrong message. But if RK stood strong in his POV, Madhu equally stood strong in her POV.

She is not weak -  actually one of the strongest characters there if you ask me:)

Edited by Aahaana - 11 years ago
Saumya19 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Oh_No_Soaps

Seriously you think he has failed this test? Or are you in denial? Remember psychopaths don't show ALL the symptoms listed to be diagonised. Must admit its in medical speak and therefore difficult to translate across to RK behavioural examples. Here is a more average reader friendly description:

Key symptoms of a Psychopath/Sociopath:

1. Glib and superficial
2. Egocentric and grandiose
3. Lack of remorse or guilt
4. Lack of empathy
5. Deceitful and manipulative
6. Shallow emotions

Psychopaths can be very effective in presenting themselves well and are often very likable and charming. To some people, however, they seem too slick and smooth, too obviously insincere and superficial. Astute observers often get the impression that psychopaths are play-acting, mechanically, "reading their lines".

Sociopaths are very egocentric individuals that lack a sense of personal responsibility and morality. They may be impulsive, manipulative, reckless, quarrelsome, and consistent liars.

The sociopath may be an excellent actor, always appearing charming, calm, and collected. They usually have a normal or above normal intelligence level and good verbal fluency. It is these qualities that sometimes place the sociopath in leadership positions within their social groups and often make it hard to spot their "black side".

from www.findlaci2003.us

Psychopaths can be very sociable, even though they are antisocial behind their "mask" in the sense that their "emotions" are completely fake. They are masters at manipulating others for their personal gain. Their charm, in fact, is legendary.

Psychopaths are experts at using people. They can ask anything of anyone without embarrassment and because of their outgoing seducing friendliness, their use of "poor innocent me! I am such a GOOD person and I have been treated so BADLY!" the victim invariably gets sucked into giving the psychopath what they ask for - no matter how outrageous.

Psychopaths are masters at faking emotions in order to manipulate others. One psychologist reported that if you actually catch them in the act of committing a crime, or telling a lie, "they will immediately justify their actions by self pity and blaming another, by creating a heart-rending scene of faked emotional feelings." These fake emotions are only for effect, as the careful observer will note. The Psychopath considers getting their way or getting out of trouble using faked emotions as a victory over another person.

Psychopaths are incapable of feeling concern or remorse for the consequences of their actions. They can calmly rationalize their insensitive and bizarre behavior all the while attributing malice to everyone but themselves. When caught in a lie, they will manipulate others or stories to their own advantage without any fear of being found out - even if it is obvious to everyone around them that they WILL be found out.

Psychopaths cannot feel fear for themselves, much less empathy for others. Most normal people, when they are about to do something dangerous, illegal, or immoral, feel a rush of worry, nervousness, or fear. Guilt may overwhelm them and prevent them from even committing the deed. The psychopath feels little or nothing. 

The psychopath seems to be full of something akin to deep greed. They manifest this inner state in many ways. One of the most common ways is to steal something of value to their victim (valuables), or to hurt/slander the victim or something or someone the victim loves. In the psychopath's mind, this is justified because the victim crossed him, did not give him what he wanted, or rejected him (or her).

Psychopaths lie for the sake of lying. They can convey the deepest heart-felt message without meaning a word of it. They can also tell the most outrageous stories simply in order to be at the center of attention and to get what they want.

The psychopath is obsessed with control even if they give the impression of being helpless. Their pretense to emotional sensitivity is really part of their control function: The higher the level of belief in the psychopath that can be induced in their victim through their dramas, the more "control" the psychopath believes they have. And in fact, this is true. They DO have control when others believe their lies. Sadly, the degree of belief, the degree of "submission" to this control via false representation, generally produces so much pain when the truth is glimpsed that the victim would prefer to continue in the lie than face the fact that they have been duped. The psychopath counts on this. It is part of their "actuarial calculations." It gives them a feeling of power.

It is all too easy to fall under the spell of the charismatic psychopath. There are many who do the psychopath's bidding without realizing that they have been subtly and cleverly controlled. They can even be manipulated to perform criminal acts, or acts of sabotage against another - innocent - person on behalf of the psychopath. Very often, when this is realized by the victim, that they have caused suffering in innocent people at the behest of a liar, again they prefer to deny this than to face up to the truth of their own perfidy and gullibility.

from "A Natural State of Pschopathy", by Laura Knight-Jadzyk

reader friendly discussion for me ...who do you think I am...any ways you dont know me personally so I will give you that much of liberty...your previous thread indicated towards a very very important aspect of television influencing people ...which I had agreed and also in showing Madhubals's redemption more than RK's ...now ahy RK is not a sociopath...sociopaths have a a)   parasitic life style predominantly actually...to define parasitic...An intentional, manipulative, selfish, and exploitative financial dependence on others as reflected in a lack of motivation, low self-discipline, and inability to begin or complete responsibilities.
...i doubt RK is financially depentdent on any one... or probably I missed something
b)Promiscuous Sexual Behavior:-a history of attempts to sexually coerce others into sexual activity or taking great pride at discussing sexual exploits or conquests...when did he coerce madhu into a sexual relation

C)Early Behavior Problems:- A variety of behaviors prior to age 13, including lying, theft, cheating, vandalism, bullying, sexual activity, fire-setting, glue-sniffing, alcohol use, and running away from home...at the age of 13 did he do any of these...for this is very dominant trait of psychopaths. psychopaths cannot be cured because they are born so...they dont convert into one overnight.

Juvinille delinquency is one more of the very common trait of a sociopath
D and this one is most importantly
Criminal Versatility...domestic abuse does fall in the perview of crime but other that what crimes have RK comited

They are given to cheap thrills...never seen RK seeking thrill...

now
sociopaths dont release their victims ever...he did let Madhubala go had she not been put into that situation of hair dressing on his sets this story could have been different.

RK and madhubalas relationship is a classic case of domestic violence and abuse nothing more nothing less... calling him a psycopath is unnecessary glorifying of the already ugly situation.
Panthera thumbnail
Originally posted by: mytinypaintings

reader friendly discussion for me ...who do you think I am...any ways you dont know me personally so I will give you that much of liberty...your previous thread indicated towards a very very important aspect of television influencing people ...which I had agreed and also in showing Madhubals's redemption more than RK's ...now ahy RK is not a sociopath...sociopaths have a a)   parasitic life style predominantly actually...to define parasitic...An intentional, manipulative, selfish, and exploitative financial dependence on others as reflected in a lack of motivation, low self-discipline, and inability to begin or complete responsibilities.
...i doubt RK is financially depentdent on any one... or probably I missed something
b)Promiscuous Sexual Behavior:-a history of attempts to sexually coerce others into sexual activity or taking great pride at discussing sexual exploits or conquests...when did he coerce madhu into a sexual relation

C)Early Behavior Problems:- A variety of behaviors prior to age 13, including lying, theft, cheating, vandalism, bullying, sexual activity, fire-setting, glue-sniffing, alcohol use, and running away from home...at the age of 13 did he do any of these...for this is very dominant trait of psychopaths. psychopaths cannot be cured because they are born so...they dont convert into one overnight.

Juvinille delinquency is one more of the very common trait of a sociopath
D and this one is most importantly
Criminal Versatility...domestic abuse does fall in the perview of crime but other that what crimes have RK comited

They are given to cheap thrills...never seen RK seeking thrill...

now
sociopaths dont release their victims ever...he did let Madhubala go had she not been put into that situation of hair dressing on his sets this story could have been different.

RK and madhubalas relationship is a classic case of domestic violence and abuse nothing more nothing less... calling him a psycopath is unnecessary glorifying of the already ugly situation.

So out of 20+ symptoms he is not showing FOUR and that means he isn't a psychopath???!!!! And i am doing the OPPOSITE of glorifying it.😲 to name something for what it is, is very powerful. To show PROOF of the fact that such characters do not change is hard to digest I know but if all this rings a bell in some girls life now or in the future then its worth it.
GirijaM thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Oh_No_Soaps

<font color="#990066">Because it is better to PREVENT something rather then try and fix it after. Duh!! Beside my hours and am not spending them worrying. Don't worry I touch type! 😆 and copy and paste takes seconds!

Again fictional characters have influence esp if same thing is shown over and over and its made to look good by handsome sexy people.</font>

I appriciate your post. You have expressed your views frankly. Most of us I am sure agree whole heartedly with you.I am disappointed at the cv's big time. If this is the message they want to send to the youth that it is ok to be abusive then it is disgusting. If they continue this same pattern they are going to lose a lot of loyal viewers of the show. Keep making posts with your frank opinions.