Saraswatichandra

Past Demons and Present hopes (Page 3)

priyankabhat09 Groupbie
priyankabhat09
priyankabhat09

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 2:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by smrth

Originally posted by vaishali-AR

Amazing post! damn all the good posts are not on first page.. I think I missed out on many good ones today..glad I came across this one! You are absolutely right.. I noticed how he subconsciously registered Kumud's advice.. the astuteness and precision of her words jolted him..he needed it.. today they both let their hearts speak even with their guards up..It got so complicated at one point to gather all the emotions that I myself felt relieved when she said, '' lets pray..may god help us!'' 
Actually today was Your day. Had I missed a post? 
@ Bold,
They are such a compliment to each other, they can create a world. Together they are invincible against Gumans and Sundars of  the world.
Radha Krishna idols are drawing out some of the best scenes in the serial. A trend started with Devine 'Manmohana' song.Smile

Love this forum for some of the wonderful writers and post makers, Hug

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

smrth

smrth Goldie
smrth
smrth

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 2:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Jjoshim

@ smrth : lovely post, very well written. Waiting for more posts from you. 

I would just like to add, the fear of Saraswatichandra are not unfounded one. At times we come across persons in life with similar past traumas and not ready to have more. I have seen sisters reluctant to marry if there has been a sordid tale of dowry death to immediate sisters, or children reluctant to marry after seeing bitter divorces of parents. So in a way, he is afraid rightly and quite naturally. But there is much deeper meaning to his saying no. Not only he is afraid to venture into something he has see going awry ( his parents separation and mother's suicide), but he is also superstitious that whom so ever he gets attached to gets lost or faces the hardships. He loved is mother but she faced tough times and ultimately paid its price by committing suicide. He loved Dukhba also, but again she got snatched away from him, and then she too faced society's ridicule and tough times( this story is still to unfold but is implied upon in the serial as of now). So he feels he will love Kumud, again it will be jinxed, and he will loose her followed by hardships for his beloved Kumud. 

And what an irony...it will be! 

@ sweetgal19 : good to see you after long time( some days). I always wait for your youthful update on what I liked about today's episode!
@ vaishali: you too write lovely, I depth posts, do write more!

Yes Jjoshim, I concur. He does have bitter past and trauma to be wary. But should he assume the same fate for all his future? Isn't it bit pessimistic? Some points;

1)    The way he has been sketched; i) in practical front firm and decisive, capably handling a vast empire- one may point out, this is impersonal side- then on personal front- ii) Again, he has attained a certain level of spiritual equanimity, a composure. So these traits should overcome a certain queasiness he is feeling towards his future alliances on base of emotional hinderance.  He should not be too fatalist in this line. Kumud seems to evoke this inner strength latent in him that should allow him his full potential.

2)    The way he knows about her Dream, and by now, her devotion to him, He can not pretend go on telling her, 'you wanted me to go.' That's unkind of him. The 'rejection', even after all these explanations, is standing and had come from him. What should she tell him? 'Please remove the rejection. Please accept me?' No. The next initiative has to come from him. And it's no longer only about himself or his imagined fate. It's about real, stimulated feelings in Kumud too. His sensitivity should invoke a hopeful present rather evoking past demons. I believe. For a man, glory is not in failure, glory is in Success.Tongue

3)    But then, if he has some real reasons, yet unrevealed to us viewers, my points become somewhat redundant as I said in the end. But that's for futureā€¦as i said in the end in main post.

Nice inputs Jjoshims. Do post more. Thanks.Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sweetdollzJjoshim

smrth Goldie
smrth
smrth

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 9:32am | IP Logged
Wednesday episode:
 Maan Chatur, VC's father surfaced again! Hmmm...original troll spray for many freeloaders in VC's house and the one who supported final reunion in there! Hope, they develop him more in those lines and not only as nuisance enforcer of the family pride at the time of 'rejection'-as they are intending him today...also disappointed on CV's piddling treatment to Guniyal. She was powerful and impressive in original. A good tale becomes good not only on fine Leads, but also drawing from well etched side characters.

Infofan

Infofan IF-Sizzlerz
Infofan
Infofan

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 8:28pm | IP Logged

@ smrth : lovely post, very well written. Waiting for more posts from you. 

I would just like to add, the fear of Saraswatichandra are not unfounded one. At times we come across persons in life with similar past traumas and not ready to have more. I have seen sisters reluctant to marry if there has been a sordid tale of dowry death to immediate sisters, or children reluctant to marry after seeing bitter divorces of parents. So in a way, he is afraid rightly and quite naturally. But there is much deeper meaning to his saying no. Not only he is afraid to venture into something he has see going awry ( his parents separation and mother's suicide), but he is also superstitious that whom so ever he gets attached to gets lost or faces the hardships. He loved is mother but she faced tough times and ultimately paid its price by committing suicide. He loved Dukhba also, but again she got snatched away from him, and then she too faced society's ridicule and tough times( this story is still to unfold but is implied upon in the serial as of now). So he feels he will love Kumud, again it will be jinxed, and he will loose her followed by hardships for his beloved Kumud. 

And what an irony...it will be! 

@ sweetgal19 : good to see you after long time( some days). I always wait for your youthful update on what I liked about today's episode!
@ vaishali: you too write lovely, I depth posts, do write more!

Yes Jjoshim, I concur. He does have bitter past and trauma to be wary. But should he assume the same fate for all his future? Isn't it bit pessimistic? Some points;

1)    The way he has been sketched; i) in practical front firm and decisive, capably handling a vast empire- one may point out, this is impersonal side- then on personal front- ii) Again, he has attained a certain level of spiritual equanimity, a composure. So these traits should overcome a certain queasiness he is feeling towards his future alliances on base of emotional hinderance.  He should not be too fatalist in this line. Kumud seems to evoke this inner strength latent in him that should allow him his full potential.

2)    The way he knows about her Dream, and by now, her devotion to him, He can not pretend go on telling her, 'you wanted me to go.' That's unkind of him. The 'rejection', even after all these explanations, is standing and had come from him. What should she tell him? 'Please remove the rejection. Please accept me?' No. The next initiative has to come from him. And it's no longer only about himself or his imagined fate. It's about real, stimulated feelings in Kumud too. His sensitivity should invoke a hopeful present rather evoking past demons. I believe. For a man, glory is not in failure, glory is in Success.Tongue

3)    But then, if he has some real reasons, yet unrevealed to us viewers, my points become somewhat redundant as I said in the end. But that's for future'as i said in the end in main post.

Nice inputs Jjoshims. Do post more. Thanks.Smile

Script appears to be hinting at more substantial reason than only fears. As his soliloquy suggests, ' God you know why I am not letting her in a quagmire that surrounds me.' But that is for the future...

In a way God has already answered his prayers. For too long this decent soul has languished in grief. In Kumud, He is sending him a succor that can heal his wounds and more. And Saras is already feeling her soothing presence; a respite after a long long time of loneliness, a shield against too wile a world of abusive relationships, and a precious person whom, in turn, he too can invest his considerable strength and protectiveness about.

Together, they can create God's heaven on this earth.

They are such a compliment to each other, they can create a world. Together they are invincible against Gumans and Sundars of  the world.

@ smrth - brilliant posts

smrth

smrth Goldie
smrth
smrth

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 11:47pm | IP Logged
Infofan,
That's nice.
Only thing, compilation makes me realise repetitions...then again, impressions are consistent!Big smile
Thanks

Jjoshim Groupbie
Jjoshim
Jjoshim

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 12:02am | IP Logged

1)    The way he has been sketched; i) in practical front firm and decisive, capably handling a vast empire- one may point out, this is impersonal side- then on personal front- ii) Again, he has attained a certain level of spiritual equanimity, a composure. So these traits should overcome a certain queasiness he is feeling towards his future alliances on base of emotional hinderance.  He should not be too fatalist in this line. Kumud seems to evoke this inner strength latent in him that should allow him his full potentia

3)    But then, if he has some real reasons, yet unrevealed to us viewers, my points become somewhat redundant as I said in the end. But that's for future'as i said in the end in main post.

[/QUOTE]

After reading both these points, I felt this post has elevated the forum to a level higher. I have been not much old in india forum, and there are lesser  no. Of posts which are trying to decode the literature or the art of the creation ( serials we discuss) Most of the posts are on the materialistic aspects fashion, looks, romanticism ( at times to level of soft po*n) . So I salute you and writers like vaishali to have given a depth to the forum! 

Also I think the saraswatichandra character is still in etching stage, and as you said the spiritual equanimity he has, will be hopefully revealed more in coming episodes. I really wish that the creators like Sanjay leela bhansali, don't loose the plot in TRP wars. 

Edited by Jjoshim - 11 April 2013 at 12:04am

smrth

smrth Goldie
smrth
smrth

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 1:27pm | IP Logged

1)    The way he has been sketched; i) in practical front firm and decisive, capably handling a vast empire- one may point out, this is impersonal side- then on personal front- ii) Again, he has attained a certain level of spiritual equanimity, a composure. So these traits should overcome a certain queasiness he is feeling towards his future alliances on base of emotional hinderance.  He should not be too fatalist in this line. Kumud seems to evoke this inner strength latent in him that should allow him his full potentia

After reading both these points, I felt this post has elevated the forum to a level higher. I have been not much old in india forum, and there are lesser  no. Of posts which are trying to decode the literature or the art of the creation ( serials we discuss) Most of the posts are on the materialistic aspects fashion, looks, romanticism ( at times to level of soft po*n) . So I salute you and writers like vaishali to have given a depth to the forum! 

Also I think the saraswatichandra character is still in etching stage, and as you said the spiritual equanimity he has, will be hopefully revealed more in coming episodes. I really wish that the creators like Sanjay leela bhansali, don't loose the plot in TRP wars. 

Jjoshim, that's generous of you. IF is a good platform to compare the notes. There are good, insightful writers here. The trick is to sieve them out from the trivial or inane that generally clutters. I myself is average. And this, not out of modesty or alike, am speaking out of experience here.
Plus, these forums have inherent catch of excessive fandom which more often than not, inundates objectivity or overwhelm some truthful actuality. One example is today's episode. Just look at many posts flying across the main pages, (and fervently lapped up, maintaining them there), that practically blame each and everybody BUT real culprit- whose fickle superstition or whose inability to manage his father on his own affair- has brought about such public ridicule to a respectable family or its hapless daughter. Tomorrow he may rebound. He may or may not ( out of that darn superstition) declare his new found 'love'. He may assert his native firmness. But today, he stands guilty as charged by the forbearing girl. And yet, today, it was She, her mother, her family which were blamed under some convoluted 'eye washing' or 'dilly-dallying' charges by ardent fans! Just how a powerful performance, promised etching or a pretty face can overturn reality is an amusing lesson on IF. But only up to a limit!Confused

Edited by smrth - 11 April 2013 at 1:28pm

Jjoshim

sweetdollz Groupbie
sweetdollz
sweetdollz

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 2:04pm | IP Logged
Brilliant topic Smile
Past demons, and present hopes. That is the crux of the saMud relationship.

Again. such a brilliantly written topic Clap

smrth

Go to top