What do the Masks in the Promo Signify?

anonee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

What do the Masks in the Promo Signify?

I am sure by now all  of you reading this post would have noticed that in the new promo (https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3527080)  other than AarYa, SP and to a certain extent Radha all of the characters are wearing masks albiet different colors (white, black and red). 

What do the masks signify?

I am going to answer this question from my POV in a round about way so gentle reader please bear with me.

In essence, PV is the story of Indian society's psychodynamics and "sociodynamics" regarding remarriage acted out by fictional characters instead of being offered to us in complex textbook jargon.

The on screen characters undergo the same joys and sufferings that we do in real life, and like us often have trouble hiding the way they feel. They are self-absorbed and full of irrational fears and desires.  They have a tendency to be swept away by foolish emotions, often failing to consult their own capacity for insight until late in the story. 

Like us in real life, the reel characters too go out into the reel world wearing masks.  Some characters help other people maintain their own masks.   However those with integrity and a strong sense of self-identity have no need to wear a mask - example AarYa, SP and to a certain extent Radha.

AarYa and SP have pulled off their masks by confessions and by admitting the truth.  They are now confronting the masks in others by way of taunts, gossip, confrontations and master manipulators like Ishita who are able to connive and influence people with money. 

So the different colored masks reflect those who indulge in milder forms of gossip and put-downs (white mask); those who are moderately wicked in their taunts and confrontations (red) and the wickedly evil manipulator types (black).

Radha has not yet introspected, accepted and/or sought forgiveness for her irreverent deeds and actions and so is unable to reflect her true identity in the mirror (recollect in the promo when Radha looks at the mirror she is sees herself wearing a mask).  She probably needs the assistance of AarYa and SP in pulling off her mask - that is, to accept her errors and reconcile with her inner self!
Edited by anonee - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jikky_84 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
@ Meena,

Very well written about the symbolism of promo 👏
anonee thumbnail

Originally posted by: jikky_84

@ Meena,

Thank you Asha. 😊

I think mine is very similar to Jo's with a different spin as to how we view Radha.

anonee thumbnail

Originally posted by: jikky_84

@ Meena,

Thank you Asha for the encouraging comment 😊
anonee thumbnail

Thank you Pickachu 😊
villager00 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Hey there, i like your interpretation about Radha's mask as more of something to do with herself and not necessary evil because in the beginning, i also wanted her to be punished (can't find the right word) for that baby exchange 30 years ago and that is yet to happen..
anonee thumbnail

Originally posted by: villager00

Hey there, i like your interpretation about Radha's mask as more of something to do with herself and not necessary evil because in the beginning, i also wanted her to be punished (can't find the right word) for that baby exchange 30 years ago and that is yet to happen..

Thank you for appreciating the post 😊 -

Yes, that baby swapping bit is an unresolved issue!! 😊
gafulu14 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail
brillant n interesting analysis
anonee thumbnail

Thank you Aarush for appreciating my post 😊
anonee thumbnail