India-Forums

Pavitra Rishta
Pavitra Rishta

Ovi betrayed? (Page 2)

ilovedhanjanird IF-Sizzlerz
ilovedhanjanird
ilovedhanjanird

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 3:47pm | IP Logged
Purvi forced Arjun to give Ovi the wife ka darja despite knowing of her pregnancy
Who does that? It's not like Ovi could break Archana and manav's marriage lol

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

m_mastiKalapiznursinghTiyalipesi11.Senorita.

m_masti Goldie
m_masti
m_masti

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 3:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pehlibaar

Let me start by saying I'm not a big Purvi fan or anything but I don't understand everyone saying that Ovi was betrayed by her husband and her sister. 
1) Arjun didn't know about the baby til now, and as for sleeping w/ Purvi, he though he was going to marry Purvi. In the real world people do have sex before marriage, I'm not condoning it, but it does happen. Did you really expect him to tell Ovi "hey, I had sex with Purvi" ? Especially when the last thing he wants is to make her go crazy again.
2) Yes, Purvi had sex before marriage (see what I just wrote about re: Arjun) But when she slept w/ Arjun she didn't know Ovi was going to ask for him in return for their mother's happiness. Purvi will always feel like she has to sacrifice for Archana b/c she was an orphan and Archana raised her. She found out she was pregnant after Ovi and Arjun got married. Did you really think she was gonna say "hey Ovi, can I have him back b/c I'm having his baby"?

Knowing how loopy and bat crazy Ovi can get, do you really blame them for being scared to tell her anything now? 

Arjun/Purvi did not care about Ovi's condition...Purvi as a sister, Arjun as childhood friend didnot understand Ovi's situation...Ovi committed suicide but it didnot effect sister and friend to understand what she going thru...

I am not asking Arjun/Purvi to tell the truth to Ovi now...they should have told the truth before Ovi and Arjun getting married...

when Ovi put same condition to Archu, Archu knows the truth why Archu-Manav got separated,  and Archu also knows Ovi doesn't know anything about misunderstandings between ArMan, and Archu knows only if Manav gets to know those were savita's forged signatures then only Archu will be scot-free infront of everyone...not only that Archu realized Arjun loves Purvi not Ovi (but Archu didnot know that Purvi can sell Arjun like Muli for any reason)...

when Ovi put the same deal to Purvi...even Purvi knows only when everyone knows about Savita's forged signatures then only D family will accept Archu whole-heartedly...

the whole blackmailing is done by Purvi, who knew the truth of ArMan separation and her consummation with Arjun...

first mistake done by Arjun is...he should have broke relationship ovi first then proposed Purvi...

first mistake done by Purvi is...not telling Archu about her love, Archu deserves to know if Purvi loves someone...

first mistake done by Arjun/Purvi is by not accepting their love in-front of everyone and making public thamashas...

second mistake done by Arjun/Purvi is...Purvi had sex with Arjun just few minutes before Ovi put the deal, so immediately Purvi should have told Ovi is it okay for you because me and arjun has sex just now, and purvi blackmailed Arjun by asking him to prove his true love for her...Arjun should have told to Purvi, we had sex and it happened only because we are supposed to get married, and what happened to your middle class sanskars, how a middle class girl can dump the man with whom she had sex and supposed to get married in next hour...Arjun should have said to Ovi, as a childhood friend I should tell you something, you are thinking Purvi has snatched me from you, but she did not snatch me I fell for her, i initiated this and I had sex with her...

third mistake done by Purvi/Arjun...purvi knew she is preggo with arjun's sperm...arjun announced he loves only Purvi...Ovi was ready to move-out and move-on in her life...Ovi gave full permission for ArVi reunion...but Purvi again blackmailed Arjun again by telling "consummate with Ovi if you ever did sacha pyaar with me"...

so finally...Ovi was ready to move-on and reunite ArVi...and Arjun/Purvi decided to go and beg for second chance with Ovi...

Ovi shuld have understood and move-out if Arjun/Purvi told the dirty secret while accepting the Deal...

Purvi didnot reveal the consummation to Ovi when Ovi kept the deal...
Purvi didnot reveal the consummation to Ovi while accepting Ovi's deal...
Purvi didnot reveal the pregnancy info to Ovi and family during first month anniversary of Arjun/Ovi...

Added/Edited:
I am not against premarital sex...but the things which bother me in this show are
1. the middle class sanskars Purvi portrays doesn't suit premarital sex...the humanity developed in Arjun because of Purvi's middle class sanskar values should not let him to have premarital sex...
2. either you should stick to that premarital sex or leave it and move-on in life...Purvi who didnot respect that premarital sex should have aborted the baby...okay lets say abortion is paap from middles class sanskars of Purvi, so she wanted to move-away from the family, so she can live a peaceful life saying just one lie that her husband is in army or somewhere...she shouldn't have married Onir even if he proposed her first...she should have told onir my husband is alive...

Edited by m_masti - 09 April 2013 at 5:25pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

pari87Kalapiznursinghpesi11Tiyali.Senorita.ilovedhanjanird

soapwatcher1 IF-Rockerz
soapwatcher1
soapwatcher1

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 4:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Tiyali

Let me start by saying I'm not a big Purvi fan or anything but I don't understand everyone saying that Ovi was betrayed by her husband and her sister. 
1) Arjun didn't know about the baby til now, and as for sleeping w/ Purvi, he though he was going to marry Purvi. In the real world people do have sex before marriage, I'm not condoning it, but it does happen. Did you really expect him to tell Ovi "hey, I had sex with Purvi" ? Especially when the last thing he wants is to make her go crazy again.
2) Yes, Purvi had sex before marriage (see what I just wrote about re: Arjun) But when she slept w/ Arjun she didn't know Ovi was going to ask for him in return for their mother's happiness. Purvi will always feel like she has to sacrifice for Archana b/c she was an orphan and Archana raised her. She found out she was pregnant after Ovi and Arjun got married. Did you really think she was gonna say "hey Ovi, can I have him back b/c I'm having his baby"?

Knowing how loopy and bat crazy Ovi can get, do you really blame them for being scared to tell her anything now? 

Ofcourse people have sex prior to marriage. But lets hope that these are people who are serious about HAVING a long term relationship if not get married. Purvi and Arjun dont fall into that category. ArVi had sex a DAY before their marriage but AFTER Bad Ovi :P told her the conditions. And considering that Purvi broke her engagement afterwards, means she had atleast had her doubts about her relationship with Arjun sustaining. 

Even then Miss Mahanta decided to give into her carnal desires. Then she got pregnant. She ran away to another city. Married another man to save her ass- to pretend that the baby was legitimate. Came back to Mumbai. Insisted on another haywire plan that ended a freak accident. Played God again by switching the babies (without thinking it was fine for the mother to NOT mourn her child's death). Then decides to tell the truth herself. Meets Arjun in secret. Gives him kasams to hide things from his wife (mind you she is doing none of that. Onir gets daily notes on what EXACTLY happened in her life). 

So Am I to assume that Miss Mahanta has all rights in the world to exactly as she pleases and no one can tell her anything? Bad Ovi must be held accountable for her deal even though tehy are at a stage in their lives that Purvi has orchestrated? 

Ovi is betrayed. She was betrayed by her sister by not allowing her to grieve for her lost child and emotionally blackmailing Arjun into not telling the truth and now callously  pulling away the very world under her feet. 

Another thing- Arjun should have told the truth of the extent of his relationship with Ovi. Numerous times, specially after he found out about the parentage of her child.  Please spare me the argument that Ovi wouldnt listen. Which woman , other than Onir, would be so happy about a secret love-child and own's still born? But he has to 'fess up make her understand with patience. Same patience he has in abundance for Purvi's kasams, bashans and orders:P 

Purvi should have asked for Arjun back SPECIALLY when he was ready to divorce Bad Ovi after her bad behavior (before the leap). Why? It wasnt about Purvi anymore there was a child she had to consider. But alas, Purvi falls under the category of "balayi of house> balayi of sister'

Just wanted to point out that Arjun and Purvi did NOT have sex after Ovi proposed that deal, Ovi came to see Purvi after and when she was returning from her tryst with Arjun.  She had sex with her husband to be, they could have waited a day but didn't.

I agree with Naava, I felt bad for Ovi today and the betrayal as far as I am concerned is the baby switch and not being told that she had a still born child, she should have been given an opportunity to mourn. 

As far as Purvi giving up Arjun after the one night etc., Ovi should have guessed or asked Arjun if he had physical relations with Purvi but then she was so sure that Arjun loved only her, Ovi, and she persisted in believing this even after knowing Arjun had gotten engaged to Purvi of his own free will, even after knowing he had gone to live in the chawl for Purvi.  

Ovi's betrayal is confined only to the baby switch, what happened before the marriage she should have guessed, asked, confirmed, she did not.  She did not mind soiled goods at that point so unfortunately for her the unthinkable happened, her sister, her husband's ex-fiance and professed love of his life, was made pregnant by the guy a day before their marriage.  And no, she would not have given up Arjun if she knew Purvi was pregnant, she would have coerced Purvi with her tantrums and rants to have an abortion.  She herself wanted to abort her baby in the beginning so she would not have shown any compunction to Purvi's pregnancy and would not have realized her mistake at all in forcing Purvi to hand over Arjun to her at the altar of their mother's happiness. 

I empathize with Ovi's feelings on both, that her baby is dead and that her husband fathered a child with another, terrible emotional trauma both, first inexcusable, second to be expected, both unfortunate. 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

adittychinyereznursinghJShivTiyali.Senorita.

Kalapi IF-Dazzler
Kalapi
Kalapi

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 4:33pm | IP Logged
Errr...JAnhvi, I have to ask...is this the new norm that when getting married one should ask the partner, "did you have sex with anyone?Shocked"

Do you think you might have impregnanted someone? Or was contraceptive used? Unhappy

I never asked my hubbyShocked, I had this trust that the man who is walking into a commitment, will not be double timing me, but, who knows...maybe, since I am so old-fashioned, I might be wrong..who knows 21st century norm...need to know so I can tell my daughter when she gets older, that she needs to ask questions regarding sexual activity of her could be hubbyUnhappy.

Besides, how does one know that Ovi might liked "soiled" partner who had sex before...she didn't even accept that Arjun and Purvi were in love at that point...that happened only after 1 month of marriage...and in this case Ovi trusted her so called Best friend...but then TRUST...that is a bad word in this serialShocked

Add: As for what she could have done if she knew that Purvi became sexually intimate with Arjun, that is speculative that this point...

Edited by Kalapi - 09 April 2013 at 4:39pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

m_mastipari87znursinghpesi11.Senorita.

Tanyaz IF-Stunnerz
Tanyaz
Tanyaz

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 4:36pm | IP Logged
For the first time I am feeling bad for Ovi ..

Purvi and Onir should not have switched the babies ..Ovi would have cried a lot , mourned for her child but then eventually she would have gone on to have another baby with her husband ...
Maybe the death of their child would have brought them closser to each other ..Ovi did not even get a chance to mourn for the baby she carried for 9 months ...that is simply cruel and very sad ...

Purvi has to stop playing God and stop interfering in Arjun and Ovi's marriage ..The deal was to get Arjun married to Ovi , it was never that Purvi will constantly control what goes on in Ovi and Arjun's marital lives ...that Purvi does on her own will .Purvi should concentrate on her own life and mind her own business..Really don't know what she wants ...pretty sickening this whole thing ...

I don't know what the writers want because Purvi these days is looking more like some mind controlling woman  than the lead heroine of this show ...

Edited by Tanyaz - 09 April 2013 at 4:41pm

pujli07m_mastipari87Kalapiznursinghpesi11.Senorita.

ilovedhanjanird IF-Sizzlerz
ilovedhanjanird
ilovedhanjanird

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 4:39pm | IP Logged
I am just very sad for her

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

m_mastipari87Kalapipesi11.Senorita.

tejaswiniwenham IF-Dazzler
tejaswiniwenham
tejaswiniwenham

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 4:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by soapwatcher1

Originally posted by Tiyali

Ofcourse people have sex prior to marriage. But lets hope that these are people who are serious about HAVING a long term relationship if not get married. Purvi and Arjun dont fall into that category. ArVi had sex a DAY before their marriage but AFTER Bad Ovi :P told her the conditions. And considering that Purvi broke her engagement afterwards, means she had atleast had her doubts about her relationship with Arjun sustaining. 

Even then Miss Mahanta decided to give into her carnal desires. Then she got pregnant. She ran away to another city. Married another man to save her ass- to pretend that the baby was legitimate. Came back to Mumbai. Insisted on another haywire plan that ended a freak accident. Played God again by switching the babies (without thinking it was fine for the mother to NOT mourn her child's death). Then decides to tell the truth herself. Meets Arjun in secret. Gives him kasams to hide things from his wife (mind you she is doing none of that. Onir gets daily notes on what EXACTLY happened in her life). 

So Am I to assume that Miss Mahanta has all rights in the world to exactly as she pleases and no one can tell her anything? Bad Ovi must be held accountable for her deal even though tehy are at a stage in their lives that Purvi has orchestrated? 

Ovi is betrayed. She was betrayed by her sister by not allowing her to grieve for her lost child and emotionally blackmailing Arjun into not telling the truth and now callously  pulling away the very world under her feet. 

Another thing- Arjun should have told the truth of the extent of his relationship with Ovi. Numerous times, specially after he found out about the parentage of her child.  Please spare me the argument that Ovi wouldnt listen. Which woman , other than Onir, would be so happy about a secret love-child and own's still born? But he has to 'fess up make her understand with patience. Same patience he has in abundance for Purvi's kasams, bashans and orders:P 

Purvi should have asked for Arjun back SPECIALLY when he was ready to divorce Bad Ovi after her bad behavior (before the leap). Why? It wasnt about Purvi anymore there was a child she had to consider. But alas, Purvi falls under the category of "balayi of house> balayi of sister'

Just wanted to point out that Arjun and Purvi did NOT have sex after Ovi proposed that deal, Ovi came to see Purvi after and when she was returning from her tryst with Arjun.  She had sex with her husband to be, they could have waited a day but didn't.

I agree with Naava, I felt bad for Ovi today and the betrayal as far as I am concerned is the baby switch and not being told that she had a still born child, she should have been given an opportunity to mourn. 

As far as Purvi giving up Arjun after the one night etc., Ovi should have guessed or asked Arjun if he had physical relations with Purvi but then she was so sure that Arjun loved only her, Ovi, and she persisted in believing this even after knowing Arjun had gotten engaged to Purvi of his own free will, even after knowing he had gone to live in the chawl for Purvi.  

Ovi's betrayal is confined only to the baby switch, what happened before the marriage she should have guessed, asked, confirmed, she did not.  She did not mind soiled goods at that point so unfortunately for her the unthinkable happened, her sister, her husband's ex-fiance and professed love of his life, was made pregnant by the guy a day before their marriage.  And no, she would not have given up Arjun if she knew Purvi was pregnant, she would have coerced Purvi with her tantrums and rants to have an abortion.  She herself wanted to abort her baby in the beginning so she would not have shown any compunction to Purvi's pregnancy and would not have realized her mistake at all in forcing Purvi to hand over Arjun to her at the altar of their mother's happiness. 

I empathize with Ovi's feelings on both, that her baby is dead and that her husband fathered a child with another, terrible emotional trauma both, first inexcusable, second to be expected, both unfortunate. 

i just wanted to say that we are not dealing with an ultramodern family. they are very rooted in their conservative values. ovi may have been a model but it was clear from the beginning that she didnt even date other men. her mother nearly died of shock wen she was drinking and disapproved of her hifi friends. coming from that background and knowing that purvi grew up with her mother in a middle class chawl in india, it was probs not even within her scope of thought that purvi-arjun consummated their relationship.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

m_mastipari87Kalapiznursinghcs-07pesi11ilovedhanjanird.Senorita.

Tiyali IF-Rockerz

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 5:33pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

m_mastipari87znursinghcs-07pesi11ilovedhanjanird.Senorita.

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Pavitra Rishta Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index