Posted: 10 years ago
Let me start by saying I'm not a big Purvi fan or anything but I don't understand everyone saying that Ovi was betrayed by her husband and her sister. 
1) Arjun didn't know about the baby til now, and as for sleeping w/ Purvi, he though he was going to marry Purvi. In the real world people do have sex before marriage, I'm not condoning it, but it does happen. Did you really expect him to tell Ovi "hey, I had sex with Purvi" ? Especially when the last thing he wants is to make her go crazy again.
2) Yes, Purvi had sex before marriage (see what I just wrote about re: Arjun) But when she slept w/ Arjun she didn't know Ovi was going to ask for him in return for their mother's happiness. Purvi will always feel like she has to sacrifice for Archana b/c she was an orphan and Archana raised her. She found out she was pregnant after Ovi and Arjun got married. Did you really think she was gonna say "hey Ovi, can I have him back b/c I'm having his baby"?

Knowing how loopy and bat crazy Ovi can get, do you really blame them for being scared to tell her anything now? 
Your post is on target. I agree with you completely but I guess many persons would have expected them to say to ovi and the family that we had sex  before we got married because we thought that we were going to married.

also they thought that it was best for purvi to break arjun and ovi's marriage before they consummated as it was the better thing to do. in other words its ok to break the marriage then but not now. the institution of marriage should have been respected then but not now.

Its amazing how people just stick to a point no matter what the situation is. smh
Edited by rayadallie - 10 years ago
i think ( but i am not sure as i don't follow this like i used to) that the feeling is that Ovi was betrayed because of the baby switch.. and of course Arjun knew nothing about that..like you said,he just found out about it now...I think he wouldn't have allowed it or condoned it.  

Ovi was given to understand it was her baby who survived and to love it and care for it thinking it was her's and Arjun's. It would be a terrible shock to find out that her own baby died and she didn't even know it.  And that the baby she was loving was Arjun's and Purvi's. And to find out about it the way she did...even more terrible.

I am not an Ovi fan but this surely is a horrific experience for her..Howver Arjun wasn't involved in the switch or hiding the truth so if some are blaming Arjun i also don't understand why that would be. ...it wasn't his place really to run and tell Ovi the minute he found out...it sent him reeling too. He was barely getting over the shock himself.   They were trying to work it out to figure out how and when or even if at this late stage.    

Your points about the past were very good ones with which i totally agree.  

I'm just not much interested anymore as it's all too ridiculous. Even with the terrible story at least it does give the actors a chance to shine. (At least some of them).

Shruti is a wonderful actress so for that i am glad she had the chance to grow in her skills.  

Edited by naava - 10 years ago

Er…it's not having sex before marriage, but sleeping with a partner and than giving him up the very next day to a so called "sister" is the question here. Was that right in your eyes dear? Both Purvi and Arjun knew their level of commitment to each other, so why did Purvi give up Arjun? Just for Aai happiness, but er…will the same Aai be happy now knowing the truth that Purvi slept and got preggo with Arjun, and then she herself forced Arjun to marry Ovi and got her preggo too. I guess all in the family. Arjun, shouldn't have followed Purvi's commands here…err…shouldn't he have respected his own love for Purvi or be faithful to his BF (in terms of sleeping with a sister and then marrying the BF) and more importantly have better self respect for himself. Besides, Ovi deal was fair and square, but what Purvi gave Ovi was a used product. Did Purvi tell Ovi, what their relationship "state" was? Wasn't that warranted as their 'relationship' did become more intimate?

As for Purvi, when she left after knowing her preggo state, she could have just left (if she wasn't willing to break the unconsummated married state of Arovi). She did get a good deal in Onir, who loved her and was willingly to accept Pari as his own. There wasn't any need to act God, by giving her baby away. Was that asked of her? So, who gave her the status of Almighty?? No, she had the best deal in an Indian setting for being preggo out of wedlock. Of course, no amount of reality will be shown in this serial, for in real life, such revelations aren't welcomed at all…

As for Ovi being crazy, did Purvi really care for her when she was going ahead with her marriage and rubbing it in at every step with Kanyadaan??
Originally posted by rayadallie

Your post is on target. I agree with you completely but I guess many persons would have expected them to say to ovi and the family that we had sex  before we got married because we thought that we were going to married.

also they thought that it was best for purvi to break arjun and ovi's marriage before they consummated as it was the better thing to do. in other words its ok to break the marriage then but not now. the institution of marriage should have been respected then but not now.

Its amazing how people just stick to a point no matter what the situation is. smh

ahahahahahahahhaa :P @ bold

It is not best to break any marriage, but it is better to break it when there is a child in question that has not yet come to the world than breat it after. Plus I would have liked none of the marriages to break, that;s how seriously I take marriage as a vow, but because the great lovers share a love so great and half this forum would like them to re-unite, it was better they had re-united before Ovi had to make children with Arjun. I don't know bout you, but the way I see it, even now, is that sexual intimacy is no joke. It makes a relationship much more serious than anything else. Once you have gone all the way with someone, it makes it much harder to get over it too. It would have been easy for Ovi to have moved on after that day, instead of now when she has had a 9 month pregnancy, a dead baby between them and a longer marriage life. 

I would still hope they show reality and show Purvi-Onir moving away and having a life of their own. It is you guys who harp for an ARVI re-union after walking out on marriages :P 

Sexual intimacy seems like a very regular thing these days it seems. So it is almost stupid of Ovi to assume that the pavitra jodi could have already done it before getting married. Maybe Ovi is too sanskaari to think this way :P LOL
Originally posted by pehlibaar

Let me start by saying I'm not a big Purvi fan or anything but I don't understand everyone saying that Ovi was betrayed by her husband and her sister. 
1) Arjun didn't know about the baby til now, and as for sleeping w/ Purvi, he though he was going to marry Purvi. In the real world people do have sex before marriage, I'm not condoning it, but it does happen. Did you really expect him to tell Ovi "hey, I had sex with Purvi" ? Especially when the last thing he wants is to make her go crazy again.
2) Yes, Purvi had sex before marriage (see what I just wrote about re: Arjun) But when she slept w/ Arjun she didn't know Ovi was going to ask for him in return for their mother's happiness. Purvi will always feel like she has to sacrifice for Archana b/c she was an orphan and Archana raised her. She found out she was pregnant after Ovi and Arjun got married. Did you really think she was gonna say "hey Ovi, can I have him back b/c I'm having his baby"?

Knowing how loopy and bat crazy Ovi can get, do you really blame them for being scared to tell her anything now? 

Ofcourse people have sex prior to marriage. But lets hope that these are people who are serious about HAVING a long term relationship if not get married. Purvi and Arjun dont fall into that category. ArVi had sex a DAY before their marriage but AFTER Bad Ovi :P told her the conditions. And considering that Purvi broke her engagement afterwards, means she had atleast had her doubts about her relationship with Arjun sustaining. 

Even then Miss Mahanta decided to give into her carnal desires. Then she got pregnant. She ran away to another city. Married another man to save her ass- to pretend that the baby was legitimate. Came back to Mumbai. Insisted on another haywire plan that ended a freak accident. Played God again by switching the babies (without thinking it was fine for the mother to NOT mourn her child's death). Then decides to tell the truth herself. Meets Arjun in secret. Gives him kasams to hide things from his wife (mind you she is doing none of that. Onir gets daily notes on what EXACTLY happened in her life). 

So Am I to assume that Miss Mahanta has all rights in the world to exactly as she pleases and no one can tell her anything? Bad Ovi must be held accountable for her deal even though tehy are at a stage in their lives that Purvi has orchestrated? 

Ovi is betrayed. She was betrayed by her sister by not allowing her to grieve for her lost child and emotionally blackmailing Arjun into not telling the truth and now callously  pulling away the very world under her feet. 

Another thing- Arjun should have told the truth of the extent of his relationship with Ovi. Numerous times, specially after he found out about the parentage of her child.  Please spare me the argument that Ovi wouldnt listen. Which woman , other than Onir, would be so happy about a secret love-child and own's still born? But he has to 'fess up make her understand with patience. Same patience he has in abundance for Purvi's kasams, bashans and orders:P 

Purvi should have asked for Arjun back SPECIALLY when he was ready to divorce Bad Ovi after her bad behavior (before the leap). Why? It wasnt about Purvi anymore there was a child she had to consider. But alas, Purvi falls under the category of "balayi of house> balayi of sister'
Edited by Tiyali - 10 years ago
not only ovi, the whole family is betrayed..especially archana.
No one is talking about their pre marital sex , she was betrayed into thinking that her husband's illegitimate child is her own. She was betrayed by her adopted sister and her husband by saying that her baby is alive whereas in reality her baby was dead , she couldn't even see her stillborn once
As for the sleeping thing , I don't know how people can count that into betrayal
But Purvi could easily tell the truth of her pregnancy during ovi's one month anniversary
And Arjun for once should stop thinking about her ex fiance and think about his wife
Purvi forced Arjun to give Ovi the wife ka darja despite knowing of her pregnancy
Who does that? It's not like Ovi could break Archana and manav's marriage lol
Originally posted by pehlibaar

Arjun/Purvi did not care about Ovi's condition...Purvi as a sister, Arjun as childhood friend didnot understand Ovi's situation...Ovi committed suicide but it didnot effect sister and friend to understand what she going thru...

I am not asking Arjun/Purvi to tell the truth to Ovi now...they should have told the truth before Ovi and Arjun getting married...

when Ovi put same condition to Archu, Archu knows the truth why Archu-Manav got separated,  and Archu also knows Ovi doesn't know anything about misunderstandings between ArMan, and Archu knows only if Manav gets to know those were savita's forged signatures then only Archu will be scot-free infront of everyone...not only that Archu realized Arjun loves Purvi not Ovi (but Archu didnot know that Purvi can sell Arjun like Muli for any reason)...

when Ovi put the same deal to Purvi...even Purvi knows only when everyone knows about Savita's forged signatures then only D family will accept Archu whole-heartedly...

the whole blackmailing is done by Purvi, who knew the truth of ArMan separation and her consummation with Arjun...

first mistake done by Arjun is...he should have broke relationship ovi first then proposed Purvi...

first mistake done by Purvi is...not telling Archu about her love, Archu deserves to know if Purvi loves someone...

first mistake done by Arjun/Purvi is by not accepting their love in-front of everyone and making public thamashas...

second mistake done by Arjun/Purvi is...Purvi had sex with Arjun just few minutes before Ovi put the deal, so immediately Purvi should have told Ovi is it okay for you because me and arjun has sex just now, and purvi blackmailed Arjun by asking him to prove his true love for her...Arjun should have told to Purvi, we had sex and it happened only because we are supposed to get married, and what happened to your middle class sanskars, how a middle class girl can dump the man with whom she had sex and supposed to get married in next hour...Arjun should have said to Ovi, as a childhood friend I should tell you something, you are thinking Purvi has snatched me from you, but she did not snatch me I fell for her, i initiated this and I had sex with her...

third mistake done by Purvi/Arjun...purvi knew she is preggo with arjun's sperm...arjun announced he loves only Purvi...Ovi was ready to move-out and move-on in her life...Ovi gave full permission for ArVi reunion...but Purvi again blackmailed Arjun again by telling "consummate with Ovi if you ever did sacha pyaar with me"...

so finally...Ovi was ready to move-on and reunite ArVi...and Arjun/Purvi decided to go and beg for second chance with Ovi...

Ovi shuld have understood and move-out if Arjun/Purvi told the dirty secret while accepting the Deal...

Purvi didnot reveal the consummation to Ovi when Ovi kept the deal...
Purvi didnot reveal the consummation to Ovi while accepting Ovi's deal...
Purvi didnot reveal the pregnancy info to Ovi and family during first month anniversary of Arjun/Ovi...

Added/Edited:
I am not against premarital sex...but the things which bother me in this show are
1. the middle class sanskars Purvi portrays doesn't suit premarital sex...the humanity developed in Arjun because of Purvi's middle class sanskar values should not let him to have premarital sex...
2. either you should stick to that premarital sex or leave it and move-on in life...Purvi who didnot respect that premarital sex should have aborted the baby...okay lets say abortion is paap from middles class sanskars of Purvi, so she wanted to move-away from the family, so she can live a peaceful life saying just one lie that her husband is in army or somewhere...she shouldn't have married Onir even if he proposed her first...she should have told onir my husband is alive...
Edited by m_masti - 10 years ago