Shadows FF Last Chapter & Epilogue (strictly 16+) - Page 24

Posted: 10 years ago
Nice part. Please continue soon

Chapter 11

Asad walked into the house wiping the sweat off his brows. It was a scorcher today. He made his way into the kitchen and poured himself a tall glass of ice cold water. They had come back from Delhi a day ago only to be greeted by the sweltering heat of Bhopal.

"There you are. Salaam beta" He heard Ammi say behind him.

"Wale kum salaam Ammi, how is Humaira doing?." Asad said gulping down the water.

"The doctor came to see her a few hours ago. He gave her medication, hopefully she will be fine in a few days. She needs lots of rest before the wedding. Poor thing." Dilshad said concerned about her daughter in law, "Asad, she cannot travel of course. Ayaan will not go either and I don't think I should either. That just leaves you."

"Yes Ammi of course." He said sitting on the couch. "It's just that I have already taken a few days off when we were in Delhi and will be taking off from work during Ayaan's wedding and now this."

"I know my beta but it's just two days. If it was anybody else's wedding I would not have insisted but if it is Uzma khala's only granddaughter. You know how important it is for at least one of us to attend." Dilshad said

"Yes  Ammi. I understand. It's just that I have a lot of work...but don't worry I will go." Asad assured.

"That's my good son." Dilshad said "Uh Asad I was thinking how about you take Zoya with you."

"No! " blurted out Asad before he could stop himself.

Dilshad looked at him, a little surprised. "Okay, I just thought it will be her chance to see a wedding conducted in a traditional, conservative way. Their wedding will be very different than ours, you know."

"I know but I don't think it's a good idea." Asad asserted

"I think Zoya will really enjoy it" Dilshad said

"I am not sure Ammi" Asad said, "Besides they will think it odd that I am coming with a stranger to a family wedding, that too a girl"

"She is not a stranger! I have spoken to Uzma khala about her on the phone and she is eager to meet her too. Actually she was looking forward to meeting Humi too but I told her that she is not feeling well. Besides they will love the fact that an American girl is visiting to see how a conventional wedding is done. Believe me." Dilshad said

"Ammi! please" said Asad "anyway I don't think Zoya would want to go either what with Humaira being sick and all."

"Okay how about I ask her. If she says no, which you are sure she will then there is no issue but if she says yes then will it be fine with you?" Dilshad asked

"Okay fine" Asad said dismissively, sure that Zoya would never agree to go with him, especially alone.

"I'll go check on Humi and ask Zoya too." Dilshad said heading towards the stairs.

Asad saw her leave and shook his head. He had only agreed to Ammi's suggestion because he was very sure Zoya was going to say no. Upon coming from Delhi he had made up his mind that he had had enough. He was not going to try to get close to her anymore. No matter how much her soulful eyes haunted him in his dreams. He would just be cordial and civil to her, treating her as he ought to his brother's sister in law.

His patience had worn out. There was no doubt that he liked her, there was something about her that made him want to protect her from everyone, even himself.  But all his attempts were constantly being rejected. All he got from her was silence. She didn't talk to him and if their eyes ever met she immediately looked the other way. He was hurting too he had realized from her behavior and he had taken the decision that he would not let her bother him and get under his skin. It was only a matter of a few days and she would be leaving and then he might not see her ever again. His heart turned at the thought but he ignored it.

"She said yes. She would love to attend a traditional wedding." Ammi said happily coming down the stairs

"Really?" Asad felt his heart leap

"Yes, you can leave early tomorrow morning. It takes 4 hours by car to reach Chanderi. You will reach by noon, attend the wedding in the evening and come back the next day whenever you like. Okay?" Dilshad said

"Sure" Asad said and walked towards his room only to catch himself in the mirror.

Idiot, he said to himself, making lofty plans and as soon as she says yes, here he was grinning like a fool.

"Humi" Ayaan said softly as he entered her room.

"Ayaan!" Humaira cried extending both her hands towards him "My head is aching, my body is aching and I am feeling very very cold."

"O my baby" he said, she looked more fragile than she usually did laying on the bed and pouting like a child. He took her hands and kissed them, "did you take your dose?"

"Yes, Zoya just gave me but I am feeling cold, switch off the air conditioner."

"The air conditioner is off" he said

"Then switch on the heater." Humaira whined

"Okay, let me get the heater from the store room." he said before he made his way out of the room.

He came back a few minutes later with a portable heater in his hand. He plugged it in and switched it on, facing it towards the bed.

"I want the setting to be on high." Humaira said taking his hands in hers.

"It is, my baby." Ayaan said kissing her forehead and wrapping her thick blanket around her.

The heat hit him on the face and he felt like he was in the midst of a sandstorm.

"I need more blanket." She said flatly

"Let go of my hands and I'll go get some more." Ayaan said

"No" Humaira refused as she tucked his hands under her own and closed her eyes to sleep.

When Ammi and Zoya came to check on Humaira, they were hit by a bolt of hot air as soon as they opened the door. They were greeted by Ayaan sitting next to the bed, his torso naked and sweating profusely. They were taken aback.

"Ayaan what is all this?" Ammi asked controlling her laughter

Ayaan carefully took his hands out of Humaira's grip, reached for his shirt, put it on and walked towards them. "Ammi, Humi was feeling cold so the heater is on at full blast and I was hot but I didn't want to leave the room so I took my shirt off " He said in almost a whisper.

"I am sorry, Humi is a little spoilt, especially when she is sick." Zoya apologized

"No, she is not spoilt" Ayaan said immediately looking at Humi's sleeping form on the bed covered by three blankets, no less. He smiled with love shining in his eyes.

He could not wait to be married to her.

I am not very happy with this chapter but I hope you guys enjoy it. I know it is a short update but an update nonetheless
Edited by pinks73 - 10 years ago
Res
Very nice update..

ASad zoya going fr out of city..

Waiting nw .
Edited by shreya11mehra - 10 years ago
Very nice update. Update next part soon. Thanks for pm.
Hey tis is superb...
Luv it...
Aww ayaan n humeira are too cute...
Asad n zoya will be going together for the wedding...its going to be intetesting...
Thx fr the pm n do continue soon n eagerly waiting for the update n do pm me...
this part was soo sweet with ayaan and humi continue soon !!!
Beautifully written..can't wait for their trip together..hoping for some romance...
Update soon.
Originally posted by jazsidhu

Hey tis is superb...
Luv it...
Aww ayaan n humeira are too cute...
Asad n zoya will be going together for the wedding...its going to be intetesting...
Thx fr the pm n do continue soon n eagerly waiting for the update n do pm me...
I have written the chapter with romance in it. and it has actually turned out to be quite hot. Do you know what the rules and guidelines are for posting stories with adult content.
Originally posted by Jassieg

Beautifully written..can't wait for their trip together..hoping for some romance...
Update soon.
Romance is coming 😉 next chapter will be all kosher but maybe not the chapter after that
I love that you write concisely and convey a lot with very little.
Enjoyed the AyRa bits a lot!