Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

euphoric thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago

Hey Guys...here's the last instalment of this OS... thanks a bunch for the support, likes and wonderful comments 😳

Note: PMs will be sent later as its quiet late here already 😊

Confessions Overdue!!!

Part 3

"Yeh ho kya raha hai? Allah Miyan, something is seriously wrong with Mr. Khan! One moment he's begging and pleading on his knees and second he's back to being Mr. Akdu Ahmad Khan! Why can't he make up his mind about what he wants? Zoya, I need this day of yours!" she mimicked him and continued, "Kyun mera ek din kya khairat main aaya hai ki inhe de doon! After all yeh khud ko samajhte kya hain?" she huffed and plopped herself on the bed, "Ek kaam karti hoon, main yahan se kahin jaungi hi nahi! Jo bhi yeh karna chahte hain... I'm not interested... kyun maanu main inki koi baat?" she convinced herself but then her face fell, "Lekin agar main bahar nahi gayi toh mujhe pata kaise chalega ki after all inke deemag main chal kya raha hai? Allah Miyan, yeh kaisi situation main daal diya hai aapne mujhe... Bahar jaati hoon toh inki naak jo waise hi asmaan chooti hai aur unchi ho jayegi aur agar nahi gayi toh curiosity ke maare mera heart fail ho gaya toh?" she blabbered to herself dramatically placing both her hand on over her heart and launched herself to her feet.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Asad smiled to himself just as he laid two coffee mugs on the table in his room. It was a matter of seconds before she would barge into his room, he knew that. And just as his thought trailed, the door to his room was pushed open with a loud thud. "There you come... Few things never change right?" he sounded amused. "Main Aashu ko dhoond rahi hoon." she said feigning to look around. He rolled his eyes, "Zoya, for all the drama that you are capable of putting up, this was a very silly alibi". She fumed, "Kyun? Aaj kal toh she's busy being your alliance in a conspiracy against me hai na? And for God's sake aap mujhe batayenge aap kya kar rahe ho?" she placed her hands on his hips. "What's the rush?" he replied calmly. She shot daggers through her eyes while he settled on the couch and gestured her to take a seat beside him, "Your coffee, Ms. Farooqui, just the way you like it" he pointed towards her mug. She was baffled by his charade, "You are messing up with my brains!" she complained ignoring him. "That should settle the score because you have messed up with mine long time back" he replied as a matter of fact. She sighed and went to sit by him, taking the mug he offered, "Mr. Khan'" she began but he cut her off instantly, "And just to let you know, Ms. Aashu needed a tour of the city, Ammi and Tamatar were only too happy to volunteer. They'll be back by the evening" he finished watching the expressions on her face change in an instant from confusion to comprehension to shock to frustration. "They left me behind?" she cried. "I wouldn't have had it any other way. Besides you are ill, remember?" he said with mock concern even as he got up to leave. "Why are you doing this?" she resigned, perturbed. He turned, looked straight in her eyes, "For us!" and said that he stepped out letting the door shut behind him.

Zoya sat there for a while, thinking how she was she going to escape this complicated situation which was so beyond her will and consideration. She began to sip on her coffee thinking caffeine may help the rational side of her temporarily defunct brains to function again. But inadvertently, it brought back the memories of the many nights on the porch. She remembered his undeterred support and the comfort he would offer her when she was going through the darkest phase in her life. He was her protector, her saviour, her shield... and her faith! She remembered the journey from where he became the privy of her secret to the possessor of her heart. And along with, hit the memories of heartache. She chided herself for letting her wayward thoughts go down the forbidden lanes. She waited for him for a while but when he didn't return, she went out to check on him; after all sitting at one place in his room was going to do her no good.

"Mr. Khan" she called walking towards the living room. The house was immersed in unsettlingly quietness. "Aashu ki bachi... I'm not gonna leave you for pulling these stings on me" she cursed her best friend for the 'n'th time and called out for Asad again, "Mr. Khan"... yet there was no reply. She frowned and then spotted him sitting on the couch, with his back to her, seemingly engrossed into something. She called out to him again, but there was no reply and that caused the worry lines on her forehead to deepen. She walked forward cautiously and peered over his shoulder to see the object of his fancy and gasped. It was no object of his fancy but reminders of his sting and anguish... his family album!

"Mr. Khan" she treaded uncertainly placing a hand over his shoulder half expecting him to shrug it off but what he did surprised her yet again. He placed his hand over hers and murmured, "Can you sit here for a while?" Sometime ago, she was eager to get away from him but it was this instant that she couldn't bring herself to move away from him. He was hurting and he needed her, was all she could think about when she walked forward to sit by him. Minutes passed and he spoke nothing. She sat there helplessly, watching the man of valour break in front of her. Ouch! Did it pinch? It did... infinitely more than what she had been through while away from him for the whole year.

"Zoya" he finally spoke, his eyes fixated on the picture of a very pregnant Dilshad with Rasheed by her side and him holding his father's hand. "This is the only perfect family picture I have" he traced the image and continued, "A couple of months before Tamatar's birth. Abu used to be there with us. He used to come home to us, take care of Ammi, be with me... every Sunday we played cricket... we used to have mock box fights where he would mostly let me win... it was a picture perfect scene. But nothing more than an illusion which I discovered soon after. One day he left us and never returned. He made his family with another woman and abandoned us. I was forced to grow up to be the man of the house. I conquered the circumstances but it left me scarred. I saw Ammi crying for her love and I built these invisible walls around me. I resigned to my fate but then you came by. You broke the impenetrable barriers around me. But my inhibitions and insecurities didn't let me walk that last mile between us" he confessed looking in her eyes. And once again, she was drawn to him. Awed with the will of this man, who survived the adversities putting up a brave front. "You need to let it go Mr. Khan" she finally spoke placing a hand over his. He looked at her hand and smiled just a little at her small comforting gesture.

The doorbell interrupted their moment and Zoya instantly drew some distance between them while he placed the album aside. While he went to answer the door, something struck him, "Was he trying to explain his behavior and prolonged silence? Wasn't that why he never let out his feelings?" Her eyes widened as she realized how true it was... he was just sharing his deepest despair just like she had once done in the past. "Arrghh! Why is this so confusing" she held her hair in frustration. "Here's your lunch" Asad came back holding a pizza box and a bottle of coke. Another shock! "Yeh aapne mangwaya?" she almost screeched. "Ms. Farooqui! Aapko chillane ki zaroorat nahi hai" he screeched back but mellowed down by the end. She pouted but quickly grabbed the box from his hand. He smiled at her kiddish behaviour. "Is main meri kya galti hai Mr. Khan? Aap mujhe surprise pe surprise diye ja rahe ho" she said even as she pulled out a portion for herself. He sighs, "Zoya, lunch dining table pe kiya jaata hai" he patronized and taking the box from her, placed it there and settled with his lunch. "Aap nahi khaayenge?" she asked with her mouthful, drawing out a disgusted face from him, "No Thanks!" his reply was curt. "Please yourself" she snapped and took another bite. He rolled his eyes at her wondering how he even fell for her. "Tolerance is a virtue, Mr. Khan" she chirped in as if an answer to his unvoiced thought and he shook his head in response, he surely needed to practice tolerance a lot!

"Waise Mr. Khan aaj aapko achanak kya ho gaya hai?" she asked, the spat forgotten for the time being and honestly she was enjoying this. It wasn't as bad a deal, if she had to go back, some happy memories won't be bad, right? "Trying to walk that last mile, Zoya" he replied earnestly and at once recollecting their discussion when he confessed about not being able to cover the distance between them, she spluttered the coke she had sipped just yet. At once he shut his eyes to contain himself from screaming at her, lest she ran away while she stared at him as if he has grown two horns. "Kya kaha aapne, Mr. Khan?" she asked mystified. "I'm done" he announced, picked his plate and left but not before telling her to clean the mess she just created.

"Aashu, where are you?" Zoya squealed into her phone. "Err... Zoe, how are you feeling?" she asked on the other line. "Chup kar... mujhe sab pata hai, yeh tera kiya dhara hai. How could you leave me alone with him?" she pressed the phone close and hissed when she caught him discarding the pizza box she had left behind from the corner of her eye. And was he glaring at her, she thought but brushed it off when she heard Aashu replying, "Trust me honey, you are going to thank me for it." Zoya grinded her teeth, "Sure, that's if I leave you alive" but the line on the other side went static and she stuffed the cell in her pocket turning to go and help him, "Aapko karne ki zaroorat nahi hai, I was just about to do that" she said taking a tissue and cleaning the table. "That's ok, it's done" he replied. "Mr. Khan, there's a match today right, wanna watch?" she asked in excitement. He smiled; this was first positive step from her end. "Sure" he replied. She turned to go but he stopped her, "And Zoya..." she turned to him, "Yes?" He hesitated for a moment, "Do you mind calling me Asad?" She looked at him trying to gauge his expressions and simply nodded before heading towards the television.

The match was in its final stages, last few overs left when they sat down to watch it. With every ball, Zoya's over the top reactions made Asad cringe. She could beat the whole set of audience seated in the stadium when she cheered or cursed, he thought. But at the same time, her antics bemused him. And by the last ball, he had started to like it and even occasionally contributed his bit in her mirth.  They say love changes a lot in you... and he could feel his insides twisting to reform him. While he was lost in her, he missed her favourite player; Dhoni hit a six on the last ball. "Yeaaa" she screamed and the next instant she was dancing on the sofa. Perhaps a few things can't be twisted, he thought grudgingly before standing upright and reprimanding her, "Zoya neeche utro". She huffed, "Aapko toh enjoy karna bhi nahi aata, Mr. Khan... I mean Asad" she reproved and stomped off. He smiled behind her back before bending to dust off the sofa.

She was in her room, blabbering to herself about his innumerable issues when he knocked and stepped in, "Ab kya hua?" she asked. "Zoya I need your help" he said. "Kya? Aapko meri help chahiye?" she came forward to check his temperature. He held her hand, "Stop it Zoya aur mere saath chalo" he pulled her along not waiting for her answer and picked her iPad on the way.

"Hum kitchen main kyun aaye hain?" she asked perplexed. "I wanted to bake a cake and realized you could be of some help here" his reply was prompt as he started to assemble the flour, baking dish and other essentials on the kitchen counter. "Wow! Aaj kuch khaas hai kya? Kisi ka birthday? Nahi... birthday toh nahi hai... some special occasion?" she was excited in a jiffy. He stopped, "Not yet Zoya... but maybe we can treat others with a surprise when they return" he smiled meaningfully but the inference was lost on her. She was just too happy and was already surfing some recipes, "Which cake are you baking? Vanila, chocolate or something else?" she asked looking through the pages. "Chocolate would do" he replied holding some cocoa to show her. "I love chocolate cake!" she squeaked even as she tabbed on a certain recipe. "I know" he murmured to himself. "Haitye main banati hoon" she whirled inside plunging for an apron. "No!" he almost yelled making her stop in her tracks. "I mean, I'll do with the instructions, you can overlook whether I'm doing it right?" he offered hoping she would agree. The state in which he had found his kitchen when she baked the cake last year, made him shudder. "Okay!" she shrugged her shoulders smiling wide as she installed herself on the stool near the counter and he was only thankful for such small mercies. They fought, argued, messed and nearly burnt down the kitchen but finally the cake was done. And they both grinned like two kids who have just succeeded in a very important research of their lives. Zoya high-fived Asad thinking about Dilshad's happy face over the surprise and hugged Asad and Asad was only too glad to engulf her in his arms. The moment lasted for only a few seconds but left her heady and he already felt addicted to the solace that her arms offered. They belonged together. Zoya felt awkward when she broke the hug. Asad leaned in to whisper, "Thank you" in her ear. He was so close that she could feel his warm breath on her cheeks and had to balance herself by holding the counter lest her legs betrayed her. He smiled at her reaction, glad to see how his proximity affected her. She turned to leave but he swiftly put his arm around her waist and pulled her close till her back was against his toned chest, "Don't you want to know what's so special today?" his deep voice sent tingles down her spine. "What?" her voice quivered. He smiled, "You aren't that smart as much credit you give yourself" he whispered and turned her in his arms, "There's something for you Ms. Farooqui" the twinkle in his eyes reflected in hers as she looked at him in expectation. Leading her, he went back to his room.

As they entered, she looked around, "What is it?" she asked wondering if she had missed something when they were there earlier. Much to her surprise, Asad ignored the coffee mug she had left behind and went straight to his wardrobe, pulling out a small box. She tried to strain her eyes eager to get a glimpse of what laid in it when he opened the box to gently caress its content. He smiled at her keenness and went to stand in front of her, "Zoya, I told you when I realized my mistake, you had left. I tried to make amends but you refused to talk to me and I thought maybe you want it that way" pain echoed in his voice and in her eyes as he continued, "I'm thankful to your friend for making me realize my folly. And when I realized you were as much troubled as I had been, I made my decision, I won't let you walk away this time, Zoya" he said with a firm resolve. "Asad, I don't know... I am puzzled" she admitted. "Do you love me?" he asked her. She snapped her head to look at him, "Jo aap jaante hain woh pooch kyun rahe hain? Infact yeh mujhe aapse poochna chahiye... Do YOU love me? You are the one who have not been able to make up your mind!" she seethed. "Zoya... why do you think I asked for this day?" he asked amidst taking deep breaths to help himself from bursting out in anger. "Allah Miyan! Mr. Khan ab aapko yeh bhi nahi pata? Aur aapko nahi pata hoga toh mujhe kaise pata hoga?" she said annoyed. "Zoya, for a change, could you stop driving me nuts?" he asked gravely and her eyes grew wide in anger, but before she could say a word, he placed a finger on her lips barring her from uttering a single word. He then crossed his fingers calling for peace to which she complied with a nod. He took her hand, "Didn't you see? I was trying to show you the possibility of our probable tomorrow, Zoya. This is how I see it, this is how I perceive it and aspire it to be. I agree it won't be perfect but together we can make it work. Together we can make it perfect! And I want to live this with you" he urged and once again, she didn't know how to react.

He urging her for a day, coffee together, him sharing his insecurities with her, pizza and lunch, his obsessive compulsive disorder for cleanliness, watching cricket, the banter, working like a team... it was all so perfect that she hadn't realized how flawlessly she had slipped into the setting. This could be her life, their life, a life she would spend with the man she loved... making small happy moments every single day even as they accommodated with each other's ways of life. It was her dream and he had just manifested it to reality. It was so fulfilling that yes she wanted to live this life... with HIM! Indeed this day was an answer to all her queries... A big happy smile lightened her face and her vision blurred but she cleared it off instantly to confess to him what she had been holding back for so long. But he wasn't sitting beside her, and just as the confusion was about to return, she heard the music stream from the strings of his guitar as he expressed his feeling humming a song that bared his heart to her...

Tujhe Sochta Hoon main shaam o subah
Iss se zyada tujhe aur chahoon toh kya
Tere hi khayalon mein dooba raha
Iss se zyada tujhe aur chahoon toh kya

His eyes beckoned her even as she sought her assurances from him. And through his eyes he assured her, alleviating her fears

Bas sare gham mein jaana, sang hoon tere
Har ek mausam me jaana, sang hoon tere
Aaa aa aaa... sang hoon tere
Aaa aa aa... sang hoon tere

Yes he was with her, in her darkest times, when she was in danger... literally pulling her out from her grave, endangering his life to keep her alive

Meri dhadkano mein hi teri sada
Iss qadar tu meri rooh mein bas gaya
Teri yaadon se kab raha main judaa
Waqt se pooch le, waqt mera gawaah

She got up to move towards him but he gestured towards the forgotten box kept on the table in front of her.

Ab itne imtehaa bhi naa le mere
Hey...

She picked it up and opened it to find her earring that she had lost long time back. And she was genuinely touched when she realized he had kept it with him all along. Possessing her possession like a memoir!

Tu mera thikana, mera aashiyana
Dhale shaam jab bhi, mere paas aana
Hai baahon mein rehna, Kahin abb naa jana
Hoon mehfooz inme, bura hai zamana

He walked up to her and gently wiped her tears taking her in his arms. She leaned into his chest and he embraced her tight.

Ab itne imtehaa bhi naa le mere

He kissed her forehead, holding her close, not letting go, and finally finding his peace and contentment in the arms of this woman who was no less than a charisma.

"I love you Asad" Zoya spoke in his chest and he stepped back to see her beautiful face. "Really?" he asked not believing what he had heard. She hit his arm, "Mr. Khan... aap sach much emotionally challenged hain! I love you ka jawab, really nahi hota" she teased him and he chuckled. "You wanted to know what's so special today, right?" he asked and she nodded, "I thought, a cake would go perfect with the surprise we are going to give Ammi. They love you, and they are going to be over the moon" he mused. "And Aashu is going to dance all over the house announcing her cupid act to the whole world" she giggled and he smiled. But then she tugged at his arm, remembering the partially done cake, "Chaliye, lets finish the icing before they return" and she started pulling his hand but he didn't budge. He pulled her back, "I am not a man of too many words Zoya, but this confession is long overdue, Zoya, you are the one who fit in the puzzle of my life, meri har dua ka jawab ho tum, I love you" She blushed and stepped in the circle of arms to hide herself from the gaze that bore through her, setting her insides ablaze. Content and finally happy they silently vowed to never let go.

It was a new start, a new beginning and just how it was meant to be. The long overdue confessions finally made to embrace a life filled with love and happiness with a sprinkle of ups and downs. Simply Perfect!  

The End

-----------------------------------------------------

Love, 
Sonia 😛
Edited by euphoric - 11 years ago
daydream. thumbnail
Yay! U finished! Lovely story and nice ending! 🥳
Gurmeet4Drashti thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Awww that was sooo good !!
AsYa are just perfect together ... 😃

I loveee Ashu ... 
Lol ... the way she teased Asad was adorable ... 😛
Asad was the one who fumbled ... 😆

The day which they had spent together was to the T ... 😉
Love the both of them confessed ... 😃 😳
Aphrodite thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
What a perfect end to a beautiful story!! You are a hamazing writer :D
mochhug thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Beautiful, seriously on the verge of tears right now. Your writing is flawless. And the earring... just wonderful. ❤️ Edited by mochhug - 11 years ago
minakrish thumbnail
Excellent OS! 👏
euphoric thumbnail

Originally posted by: ButterflyKisses

Yay! U finished! Lovely story and nice ending! 🥳

hey... thanks 😊 glad u liked it 😳
euphoric thumbnail

Originally posted by: Gurmeet4Drashti

Awww that was sooo good !!

AsYa are just perfect together ...😃

I loveee Ashu ...
Lol ... the way she teased Asad was adorable ...😛
Asad was the one who fumbled ...😆

The day which they had spent together was to the T ...😉
Love the both of them confessed ...😃😳

thanks a bunch dear 😛

Aashu has indeed been irritable and adorable 😉 😆 glad u found their day together perfect 😳
euphoric thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aphrodite

What a perfect end to a beautiful story!! You are a hamazing writer :D

thanks a bunch   😃 I m humbled 😳
euphoric thumbnail

Originally posted by: mochhug

Beautiful, seriously on the verge of tears right now. Your writing is flawless. And the earring... just wonderful.❤️

aww... thanks buddy 😳
so glad u enjoyed the read 😊