Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon
Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon

Thoughts on RK...and my past (Page 3)

rahmona_pakswe IF-Sizzlerz
rahmona_pakswe
rahmona_pakswe

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 6:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by undisclosed

<p align="center">its becoming unbearable to even read the WU much less watch it...I do not see the justification either...the picture being painted of RK is actually terrible...</p>

Syl...unbearable is the correct word. It's like you have to mentally prepare yourself before reading the update or watching the epi. As I'm writing I still haven't seen today's (Tuesday's) epi. Kind of dreading it.

Thanks for replying to my post darling. Means a lot :)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

undisclosed

Siri22 IF-Dazzler
Siri22
Siri22

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 6:51pm | IP Logged
Sorry about what you had to go through in your life. Correct me if I'm wrong but the cycle of abuse never stops.

Of course this is fiction and that is why everyone tolerated RK's antics the first time around. Even after the revenge track most of them were rooting for Rishbala and hoping for a redemption track. This is taking things too far. 

How any viewer can enjoy RK's antics without cringing is beyond my understanding. Do people really get a kick out of RK's inane actions? So he carries her off and they show eyelocks and most of them drool or make posts like "I'm dead..in heaven".. Are women really that shallow? 

I hope cv's stop glorifying abuse as something romantic.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

vgomesnPantheraS.StephyMonyPrahmona_pakswe

Kangto09 Groupbie
Kangto09
Kangto09

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 7:03pm | IP Logged
Hi, I was on this forum initially but lost interest when RK magically changed his personality after he got shot. I am a casual watcher and after I heard that RK betrayed Madhubala, it piqued my interest and I started watching the show regularly. But, the way, the creators have went about RK has been awful. If you actually read the characteristics of a sociopath, RK meets most of the criteria. This was my first Indian serial and I became a fan because it had an anti-hero lead. However, I hate how they are romanticizing RK's behavior. This is actually quite dangerous. I will use the example of Twilight which also suffers from creepy male lead syndrome. So many teen  girls romanticized Edward without realizing what a creep he was. The girls normalize these actions and think nothing is wrong. As you stated, many victims of abuse make excuses for their abusers. Chris brown-Rihanna anyone? I agree that show would be a lot more entertaining if they just portrayed the action for what it really is rather then shoving it down our throats as romance. I watch Game of Thrones. I have no problem watching characters being awful to each other. But, please they never show what Joffrey did to Sansa as romantic. This is a show where good people lose and bad guys win often.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

vgomesncoffee_loveSiri22Pantherarahmona_pakswe

rahmona_pakswe
rahmona_pakswe

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 7:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Madhubala-

nice post Mona...

I wonder what CVs are trying to do with RKs character...he is literally turning out to be psychopath...how can any redemption work on him..

not just RKs...even Madhubalas character is being played with showing her weak before RK...

where is l leading to...with no heroine track anywhere near...just giving a bad message to everyone I guess...Ouch

God knows what is going in the minds of CV's. I rarely criticise them however I can't stop myself this time. What is the purpose of showing RK in such light or maybe I should say dark? Yes it's a fictional show and OTT drama is added for viwers but there should be a limit, right? I might have had a bigger understanding for the storyline with RK's crazy behaviour if the had shown stronger resilience from Madhu. I don't want to see a woman being doormat, I want to see Xena Warrior Princess.

The heroine track...seems like it was only to gain viewers...

Thanks darling for liking and replying to my post :)

Siri22

shweta2728 IF-Dazzler
shweta2728
shweta2728

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 7:21pm | IP Logged
"He's so hot, he can be mean to anyone" comments such as this, I believe are made by people who have never experienced a serious relationship. I admit that I am one of those people. We are still learning to live in the real world. Your story and thoughts have touched me. I hope the show sends a positive message through this track to it's viewers and changes the way people think and treat others.

Edited by sweety2728 - 09 April 2013 at 7:21pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Pantherarahmona_pakswe

rahmona_pakswe
rahmona_pakswe

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 7:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Silentsoul

Mona I can say I have seen such abusive relationsip of frnd...she with no self respect forgave her husband tons of times...to be tortured mentally...physically at his hand...and still with him

I find no difference between her...and Madhu...this show is just plain torture...In saas bahu drama...a poor bechari abla naari bear all humilitaion and torture of her Saas...we call it melodramatic...Here this poor bechari Madhu take all crap...all humiliation from her husband...I

nital day RK grey shades made this show interesting...NOwdays he looks tome total black with sign of any iota of humanity anywhereor pure physcopath who need treatment...like KVB in Saubhagyawati...YOU are my property...Like it or hate it you are my property...I have right to ruin you...humiliate you...and Madame Madhu give so big lecture in court ...to her mother...but when it comes to her.,..she is nothing more than plain abla naari.with no self respect at all...whom I cant even sympathize anymore...

Not even actors...DD VD ...can,t make me watch this utter rubbish abuse its rather pukish...

Kul if you remember me

Kul...I remember you. Your lucky because my memory is terrible. I put goldfish to shame. Lol!

Bad jokes apart...I'm sorry about your friend but what she's doing is quite common among women in abusive relationship. Outsiders can't understand why she doesn't leave him but the thing is that some women do love their abusive partner despite knowing what's happening is wrong. It's a very confusing state of mind. Many of these women have their spirits broken. It doesn't happen over night, it's a slow process beginning with the partner forbidding a few things then adding more and more, then taking more control over her life and after that start physically hurting the women. Even the strongest woman with great confidence and having knowledge of self defense can be broken down. With no willpower left in a woman an abusive partner can do whatever the hell he want knowing she won't resist.

Going back to the show...isn't what RK is doing to Madhu? Slowly breaking her spirits? Again?

Thanks for liking and replying to my post :)

Panthera

undisclosed IF-Addictz
undisclosed
undisclosed

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 8:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by rahmona_pakswe

Originally posted by undisclosed

<p align="center">its becoming unbearable to even read the WU much less watch it...I do not see the justification either...the picture being painted of RK is actually terrible...</p>

Syl...unbearable is the correct word. It's like you have to mentally prepare yourself before reading the update or watching the epi. As I'm writing I still haven't seen today's (Tuesday's) epi. Kind of dreading it.

Thanks for replying to my post darling. Means a lot :)

its best not to watch sometimes...gotta keep your sympathetic nerve sensitized...

anytime!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Siri22rahmona_pakswe

rahmona_pakswe
rahmona_pakswe

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 8:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Oh_No_Soaps

<font color="#990066">Honey I am so sorry for you for what you went through. There are countless girls and women who endure this and much worse.

Did YOUR ex husbands repent and change??? No they didn't. So why are you still expecting this? Even in a serial? Don't you think showing RK as repenting and Madhu living with him happily ever after sends out the wrong msg that men like him change? Think of the countless young naive impressionable girls who will think that their love and support with change a man like this and that he will love them back. Abusers do not change.

Please read my thread, and the number of forum members who agree with you that RK is an abuser and a psychopath Smile

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3525939

</font>

Very hard hitting and to the point post. I don't know how to reply (and I've been trying for the past half an hour)...
You have seriously made some good points. We can only hope those naive girls are very few and most girls do have an understanding of the differences between reel and real. I personally try to watch shows that my 12 year old daughter watches on TV (but Youtube videos are harder but I try my best). Not to piss her off more to get an idea what is being carved into her brain and if there is a need for discussion.

Why I want RK to repent? Because in the end it's a fictional show and a fantasy, and in fantasies everything is possible, right? But in my fantasies I see RK in pain...lots and lots of (emotional) pain...regretting and begging for forgiveness...and Madhu refusing to give in. What I didn't get in real life I want to see in reel life.

Go to top