Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon

Thoughts on RK...and my past (Page 2)

Panthera IF-Dazzler
Panthera
Panthera

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 2:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by utopia88

Awesome post Mona! I agree with you! Thumbs Up

RK needs to repent! He betrayed Madhu! He needs to let go of his huge ego. Hopefully Madhu won't go back to RK too easily. I'm also sorry that you had to deal with emotional abuse in real life. Smile

Abusers do not repent!!! Ask Mona ...did her 2 ex husbands repent? Did they change???

As for you ask yourself this question:

At the cost of countless girls in real life being influenced into thinking characters like RK repent and change, do you want CVs to show RK repenting? Just because Vivian is so good lucking and both him and Drashti Dhami are such good actors and the ways the scenes are shown of them togather, it looks good. Is it worth it?
Think of the damage.

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

vgomesnSATHYA88Siri22MonyPgennyMS.Stephyutopia88rahmona_paksweRolzz-MERRY-

Panthera IF-Dazzler
Panthera
Panthera

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 2:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by rahmona_pakswe

I made this post over in frustration thread however not everyone visits that thread. For some reason, maybe selfish, I want more people to read my thoughts.

Originally posted by rahmona_pakswe

I am incredibly frustrated with RK (this is about RK and NOT Vivian, he is playing RK tremendously well). RK's behaviour towards Madhu is hard to digest. I can not find one reason that justifies his behaviour. I can't go "he's so hot it's ok if he treats women badly", "he was abandoned by his father it's ok to be rude towards everyone", "oh poor him...he was so alone growing up it's ok if he lash out on every walking talking person". Just because you had a difficult past does not give you the right to behave badly.

Maybe his treatment of Madhu reminds me of my own past which might be the reason why I get so emotional. My ex-husbands never hit me but their words and behaviour hit me emotionally harder than anything. I try to detach myself while watching the show but sometimes it hits a nerve and it hurts like hell!!!

The only way I could forgive RK will be through redemption. That doesn't mean he has to become lovesick puppy making moon eyes at Madhu. He should keep his personality but add a bit of humanity.

Disclaimer: I will NOT tolerate bashing or mocking in my topic. I don't bash or mock others and I expect the same from you. Healthy and mature discussions are accepted with open arms. Thanks!

Dear Mods if I have broken any rule please close the topic.

Honey I am so sorry for you for what you went through. There are countless girls and women who endure this and much worse.

Did YOUR ex husbands repent and change??? No they didn't. So why are you still expecting this? Even in a serial? Don't you think showing RK as repenting and Madhu living with him happily ever after sends out the wrong  msg that men like him change? Think of the countless young naive impressionable girls who will think that their love and support with change a man like this and that he will love them back. Abusers do not change.

Please read my thread, and the number of forum members who agree with you that RK is an abuser and a psychopath Smile

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3525939

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

MonyPrahmona_pakswe

Rolzz IF-Sizzlerz
Rolzz
Rolzz

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 2:52pm | IP Logged
Sorry to hear about your experience...

It definitely touches a nerve when the abuse crosses a line and totally sad to see people calling at as "entertainment "! 

Even reading the WU creeps me out..

This romanticising of emotional abuses, portrayal of females as putty in the hands of handsome hot sexually charged men, mockery of marriage, objectification of women...everything is just disgusting!!

I do agree its reel and and nobody is taking moral lessons from a fictional show...but still there is a limit after which it becomes hard to watch!

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

vgomesn-Humera-PantheraSiri22gennyMS.Stephyutopia88rahmona_paksweSilentsoul-MERRY-

Stargazer. IF-Sizzlerz
Stargazer.
Stargazer.

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 3:06pm | IP Logged
Mona. I don't believe you and I have interacted but I have often drooled over Fawad Khan in your siggies LOL
First of all > Hug simply because I appreciate your topic and how you gracefully spoke about your own experiences.

Now coming to the actual topic. I can understand where you are coming from. Although I haven't been in an abusive relationship, a close family member has and I have witnessed the immense negative impact words and harsh behaviour can have on an individual. Just because RK does not use violence, doesn't mean that what he is doing can be justified. I don't buy this argument that this is his "ishq" and "junoon." If this is romance then I don't want to ever fall in love LOL

I don't want to label fans because I hate labels myself. But just my 2 cents - some fans get upset because they assume you are referring to VD - the actor. There are those that become annoyed because they think you ship Sulbala (must admit - I do lol) and there are those that simply love to shoot opposing views down. Hence, I find it hard to get my point across in this forum!

I for one don't mind someone conveying to me why they find RK's behaviour valid. I will happily listen to them. But I won't agree! I can't! His behaviour has no justification (IMO) even his difficult past cannot excuse him for what he is doing to Madhu. We all go through crap in our lives at some point - some more than others. But that does not give us a license to hurt others. I know it's easy said than done. But we cannot use our baggage as a reason to create misery for others.

I understand that RK is supposed to be a grey character. But as a viewer, I find it hard to understand where he is coming from. Does he really love Madhu? Is he really on the road to redemption? You see, forcing yourself on someone can never be an act of love (IMO) nor can mentally torturing someone be a way of redeeming yourself.

To love means to set one free. And to redeem yourself means to admit and acknowledge what you have done...and to give those that you have wronged the ultimate decision to forgive you or not :)

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

vgomesnSATHYA88-Humera-applenpeachesPantheragennyMS.StephyMonyPswan20rahmona_paksweRolzzutopia88-MERRY-

rahmona_pakswe IF-Sizzlerz
rahmona_pakswe
rahmona_pakswe

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 5:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by utopia88

<font size="4">Awesome post Mona! I agree with you!Thumbs Up</font>

<font size="4">RK needs to repent! He betrayed Madhu! He needs to let go of his huge ego. Hopefully Madhu won't gobackto RK too easily. I'm also sorry that you had to deal withemotionalabuse in real life.Smile</font>

I agree...he has to let go of his big ego. His ego is like a big thick wall which no one can break down or jump over it. Anyone who has tried doing either gets badly hurt.

His repenting should not be done for the sake of it but with great deal of understanding. How can one repent if one does not know the consequences of their action?

Thanks for liking and replying to my post. Much appreciated :)

gennyMutopia88

rahmona_pakswe
rahmona_pakswe

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 6:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gurtiluv

Great post! It is disgusting to see ppl supporting such emotionally abusive relationship!

I'm desperately trying to understand their point of view and why they are supporting such act but I can't seem to get it. Maybe I'm blinded by my own past...

Thanks for liking and replying to my post :)

vgomesngennyM

gennyM IF-Rockerz
gennyM
gennyM

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 6:16pm | IP Logged
U speak from experience and it must have been a painful and traumatic period for u.But am glad U are strong enough to share it here,so that others dont become gullible.
Im sure ure post will speak to many.And God give u strength and peace.

vgomesnrahmona_pakswe

rahmona_pakswe
rahmona_pakswe

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 6:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by abhaylovepia

we all are agree with you that's the reason of mine to stop watching this show how cvs think that RK character which they are portray is forgive able to any women i m not married but i understand that no women can tolerate this type of psycho guys i want to say that cvs are sick
they totally spoil or destroy madhubala story rk character i am big fan of Vivian d Sena from PKYEK only because of his performance and because of RK character i stop watching this show. i don't believe that any women has such power a husband humiliate her that much and after that second day she is on job or doing job with that husband
i believe that fiction films too has some subject but what in this show don't understand.

First of all thank you for not defending RK just because you are fan of Vivian. Very mature of you. Vivian is a fab actor...not denying it however RK is a different story. He has gone a bit mad. I loved RK being grey shaded, it was a nice change from Mr. Perfect type heroes on TV and his dialogues are always a killer. But now the CV's are ruining such a great character. I kind of miss liking and swooning over RK.

In real life no women would have wanted to go back after being humiliated numerous times. But even in fiction I would like to see some reality. Would it hurt portraying strong female character or would that lower TRP's?

Thanks for liking and replying to my post.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

vgomesnSATHYA88Panthera

Go to top