Thoughts on RK...and my past - Page 2

Posted: 10 years ago
Mona. I don't believe you and I have interacted but I have often drooled over Fawad Khan in your siggies 😆
First of all > 🤗 simply because I appreciate your topic and how you gracefully spoke about your own experiences.

Now coming to the actual topic. I can understand where you are coming from. Although I haven't been in an abusive relationship, a close family member has and I have witnessed the immense negative impact words and harsh behaviour can have on an individual. Just because RK does not use violence, doesn't mean that what he is doing can be justified. I don't buy this argument that this is his "ishq" and "junoon." If this is romance then I don't want to ever fall in love 😆

I don't want to label fans because I hate labels myself. But just my 2 cents - some fans get upset because they assume you are referring to VD - the actor. There are those that become annoyed because they think you ship Sulbala (must admit - I do lol) and there are those that simply love to shoot opposing views down. Hence, I find it hard to get my point across in this forum!

I for one don't mind someone conveying to me why they find RK's behaviour valid. I will happily listen to them. But I won't agree! I can't! His behaviour has no justification (IMO) even his difficult past cannot excuse him for what he is doing to Madhu. We all go through crap in our lives at some point - some more than others. But that does not give us a license to hurt others. I know it's easy said than done. But we cannot use our baggage as a reason to create misery for others.

I understand that RK is supposed to be a grey character. But as a viewer, I find it hard to understand where he is coming from. Does he really love Madhu? Is he really on the road to redemption? You see, forcing yourself on someone can never be an act of love (IMO) nor can mentally torturing someone be a way of redeeming yourself.

To love means to set one free. And to redeem yourself means to admit and acknowledge what you have done...and to give those that you have wronged the ultimate decision to forgive you or not :)
Originally posted by utopia88

<font size="4">Awesome post Mona! I agree with you!👍🏼</font>

<font size="4">RK needs to repent! He betrayed Madhu! He needs to let go of his huge ego. Hopefully Madhu won't gobackto RK too easily. I'm also sorry that you had to deal withemotionalabuse in real life.😊</font>

I agree...he has to let go of his big ego. His ego is like a big thick wall which no one can break down or jump over it. Anyone who has tried doing either gets badly hurt.

His repenting should not be done for the sake of it but with great deal of understanding. How can one repent if one does not know the consequences of their action?

Thanks for liking and replying to my post. Much appreciated :)
Originally posted by Gurtiluv

Great post! It is disgusting to see ppl supporting such emotionally abusive relationship!

I'm desperately trying to understand their point of view and why they are supporting such act but I can't seem to get it. Maybe I'm blinded by my own past...

Thanks for liking and replying to my post :)
U speak from experience and it must have been a painful and traumatic period for u.But am glad U are strong enough to share it here,so that others dont become gullible.
Im sure ure post will speak to many.And God give u strength and peace.
Originally posted by abhaylovepia

we all are agree with you that's the reason of mine to stop watching this show how cvs think that RK character which they are portray is forgive able to any women i m not married but i understand that no women can tolerate this type of psycho guys i want to say that cvs are sick
they totally spoil or destroy madhubala story rk character i am big fan of Vivian d Sena from PKYEK only because of his performance and because of RK character i stop watching this show. i don't believe that any women has such power a husband humiliate her that much and after that second day she is on job or doing job with that husband
i believe that fiction films too has some subject but what in this show don't understand.

First of all thank you for not defending RK just because you are fan of Vivian. Very mature of you. Vivian is a fab actor...not denying it however RK is a different story. He has gone a bit mad. I loved RK being grey shaded, it was a nice change from Mr. Perfect type heroes on TV and his dialogues are always a killer. But now the CV's are ruining such a great character. I kind of miss liking and swooning over RK.

In real life no women would have wanted to go back after being humiliated numerous times. But even in fiction I would like to see some reality. Would it hurt portraying strong female character or would that lower TRP's?

Thanks for liking and replying to my post.
Originally posted by undisclosed

<p align="center">its becoming unbearable to even read the WU much less watch it...I do not see the justification either...the picture being painted of RK is actually terrible...</p>

Syl...unbearable is the correct word. It's like you have to mentally prepare yourself before reading the update or watching the epi. As I'm writing I still haven't seen today's (Tuesday's) epi. Kind of dreading it.

Thanks for replying to my post darling. Means a lot :)
Sorry about what you had to go through in your life. Correct me if I'm wrong but the cycle of abuse never stops.

Of course this is fiction and that is why everyone tolerated RK's antics the first time around. Even after the revenge track most of them were rooting for Rishbala and hoping for a redemption track. This is taking things too far. 

How any viewer can enjoy RK's antics without cringing is beyond my understanding. Do people really get a kick out of RK's inane actions? So he carries her off and they show eyelocks and most of them drool or make posts like "I'm dead..in heaven".. Are women really that shallow? 

I hope cv's stop glorifying abuse as something romantic.
Hi, I was on this forum initially but lost interest when RK magically changed his personality after he got shot. I am a casual watcher and after I heard that RK betrayed Madhubala, it piqued my interest and I started watching the show regularly. But, the way, the creators have went about RK has been awful. If you actually read the characteristics of a sociopath, RK meets most of the criteria. This was my first Indian serial and I became a fan because it had an anti-hero lead. However, I hate how they are romanticizing RK's behavior. This is actually quite dangerous. I will use the example of Twilight which also suffers from creepy male lead syndrome. So many teen  girls romanticized Edward without realizing what a creep he was. The girls normalize these actions and think nothing is wrong. As you stated, many victims of abuse make excuses for their abusers. Chris brown-Rihanna anyone? I agree that show would be a lot more entertaining if they just portrayed the action for what it really is rather then shoving it down our throats as romance. I watch Game of Thrones. I have no problem watching characters being awful to each other. But, please they never show what Joffrey did to Sansa as romantic. This is a show where good people lose and bad guys win often.
Originally posted by -Madhubala-

nice post Mona...

I wonder what CVs are trying to do with RKs character...he is literally turning out to be psychopath...how can any redemption work on him..

not just RKs...even Madhubalas character is being played with showing her weak before RK...

where is l leading to...with no heroine track anywhere near...just giving a bad message to everyone I guess...

God knows what is going in the minds of CV's. I rarely criticise them however I can't stop myself this time. What is the purpose of showing RK in such light or maybe I should say dark? Yes it's a fictional show and OTT drama is added for viwers but there should be a limit, right? I might have had a bigger understanding for the storyline with RK's crazy behaviour if the had shown stronger resilience from Madhu. I don't want to see a woman being doormat, I want to see Xena Warrior Princess.

The heroine track...seems like it was only to gain viewers...

Thanks darling for liking and replying to my post :)
"He's so hot, he can be mean to anyone" comments such as this, I believe are made by people who have never experienced a serious relationship. I admit that I am one of those people. We are still learning to live in the real world. Your story and thoughts have touched me. I hope the show sends a positive message through this track to it's viewers and changes the way people think and treat others.Edited by sweety2728 - 10 years ago