Punar Vivah

India-Forums

Punar Vivah
Punar Vivah

Dil Jaanta Hai - Thread 2: Ch 21 (Pg 134) (Page 64)

Sharlene1410 IF-Sizzlerz
Sharlene1410
Sharlene1410

Posted: 06 May 2013 at 2:55pm | IP Logged
Love this story very much you are a very talented writer keep up the good work. I have enjoyed the fact that you went into details describing their past how their lives crossed each others path their lost spouse
Heart Heart Hug

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kdsubs

kdsubs IF-Dazzler
kdsubs
kdsubs

Posted: 06 May 2013 at 11:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mjht_admirer

Hey Kat. U r most welcome dear. I always wait for ur updates.

i know, its sad that PV is coming to an end, so sooonnn. Cry But u plzz keep updating, Kuch toh hoga PV se related which would be worth waiting.

Lol!! Whenever i want/need an ego boost i swear i am coming to you Vinu Hug.

mjht_admirer

kdsubs IF-Dazzler
kdsubs
kdsubs

Posted: 06 May 2013 at 11:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by rutu83

there really should be an emoticon for stalkers...just saying

ROFL .

Stalking ka phal meetha hota hai Wink - today or tomorrow...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

rutu83Deepti1808

kdsubs IF-Dazzler
kdsubs
kdsubs

Posted: 06 May 2013 at 11:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sb1410

Love this story very much you are a very talented writer keep up the good work. I have enjoyed the fact that you went into details describing their past how their lives crossed each others path their lost spouse
Heart Heart Hug

Welcome to Dil Jaanta Hai SB Hug. I am so thrilled when Newbies give me comments - makes DJH even more special for me.

I am glad you liked the background. When i started the story i said it would be slow-moving. But even i didn't know it would take till chapter 16 to get these two married!! Hopefully i won't take that long to actually get them wedded to each other LOL.
Shashi1984 IF-Dazzler
Shashi1984
Shashi1984

Posted: 07 May 2013 at 12:51pm | IP Logged
Waiting...

kdsubs

kdsubs IF-Dazzler
kdsubs
kdsubs

Posted: 07 May 2013 at 10:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Shashi1984

Waiting...

Almost ready Shashi...

Shashi1984

kdsubs IF-Dazzler
kdsubs
kdsubs

Posted: 08 May 2013 at 12:17pm | IP Logged

Credit for this gorgeous new banner goes to Vanny (MSN_Vanny).

Vanny - thank you so very much. You make me feel special Embarrassed. And you made Dil Jaanta Hai even more special Hug.

(And now that i have embarrassed her enough - on to the update...)

Chapter 17 - A

The rising sun streamed through the partially open drapes, alighting on the three sleeping forms. Ansh still slept sprawled over the bed, the little body taking up the maximum room. Arti was cuddled against him, her palm under his back. Yash lay facing the two, his arm draped around the small sleeping figure.

The difference in the light in the room disturbed Yash and he stirred. Slowly, he opened his eyes and his sleepy eyes saw a female form on the bed. Arpita! His brain befuddled from sleep did not even register the incongruity. He reached out his hand to gather his wife to him when the sun's rays moved slightly to light up her face and he saw - not Arpita, no... not his love, but... but Artiji, his new... wife! His eyes closed in pain... and he felt her stir. He shut his eyes tight, willing himself to stay still, willing her to think he was still asleep if she looked his way. When does the pain stop? He wondered as his heart thudded as if he had run a mile.

The sun's rays penetrated through Arti's deep sleep and she awoke slowly, instantly aware of a deep feeling of peace. She opened her eyes and saw Ansh, her baby in front of her and could not help the smile that lit up her face. She slowly pulled her palm out from under his back, careful not to disturb him. As she sat up, she saw Yashji on the other side. He was still asleep. Hurriedly, she got up and went to the bathroom to get ready. She was not quite ready to face him, not really sure what to say. What do you say to a relative stranger you married and shared a bed with? Good Morning the rational part of her brain answered and she grimaced at her reflection in the mirror. Well, it would be a start.

When she came out he was still sleeping, as was Ansh. She went to the kitchen to warm some milk and make tea. By the time she came back, Yash was nowhere in sight. She fed Ansh some milk and sat sipping her tea, looking at the slumbering child, subconsciously memorizing his form.

She heard the bathroom door open and turned to see Yash, bathed and dressed, combing his hair. Going near him, she said softly, "Good Morning Yashji."

Without turning, he replied in the same soft tone, "Good Morning Artiji. I hope you slept well."

She nodded and then added, "I didn't know how you like your coffee, so I made some chai for you" and she held out the cup.

He finally turned and still avoiding her eyes, looked at the cup she held in her hand. A slight frown creased his forehead, Tea? In the morning?  Not wanting to be rude he took the cup and said, "Thank you, but please don't worry about it. I will get coffee."

A slight feeling of disappointment flowed through her at his words, and she quickly pulled her now empty hand back. Perhaps he realized it, or perhaps he needed at least a mild caffeine shot, for Yash took a sip. And then took another larger sip and quickly finished the cup. As she went back towards the bed he told her softly, "You know Artiji, I really may get used to the chai you make." She stopped and smiled slightly, still facing away from him. He saw her back and the slight incline of her head, and he smiled to himself in return.

Vidhi had pushed out her client meetings to free up a couple of days. Later that first morning, she gave Arti a tour of the house, briefing her on everyone's routines and likes and dislikes. Arti listened attentively aware that she had to fulfill her role of a bahu, not just that of Ansh's mother.

Gayatri welcomed her in the kitchen. While the Scindias' had a cook, the women of the house were expected to at least supervise, if not actually cook. In reality, Gayatri or Vidhi would cook at least one dish each day, while the cook prepared the rest. Arti would be expected to do the same, but not on her first day.

The rest of the day she spent with Ansh, doing what he wanted to do, getting to know him, his moods, his likes and dislikes better. He was a happy child, easily satisfied. But he did have a temper. The two spent the glorious morning outdoors, playing till it was time for his meal when Ansh ate happily from her hands. While Ansh took his afternoon nap, Arti unpacked her bags and put everything away in the cupboard. She put the jewelry box that contained the gold set her new in-laws had gifted her in the safe in the cupboard where it sat in solitary splendor.

Arti had expected Yash would return in the early evening - Vidhi had told her it was his habit to spend the evenings with his son. And she did not want to do anything to disrupt their routine. However, he did not return till nearly nine that night, by when an exhausted Ansh had already fallen asleep. Arti had waited for Yash to have dinner, sensing it was expected of her. The two ate quickly, in an awkward silence with Vidhi serving them. Yash then went to their room but started working again in his office area and a tired Arti went to bed, without them exchanging another word.

The same routine continued for a while, with Arti now bringing coffee for Yash in the mornings. A brief exchange of pleasantries were the only words they spoke to each other everyday. Yash continued to come late every evening making Arti finally wonder if he was avoiding her. But she wasn't going to ask - it was his house, his child. It hurt her though that little Ansh searched for his father every evening, and often cried himself to sleep, his routine obviously disrupted now.

Nearly a week later Yash came home at around seven, later than his normal time of five, but earlier than he had since his marriage. No one knew he was back, but he hesitated going to his room, loathe to meet her. When Vidhi came to set the table for dinner, she found him laying out his paperwork. Vidhi had noticed his behavior of course, as had everyone else – but no one had been sure how to approach him. Now, something snapped within Vidhi and she stalked up to him. She pushed aside the papers he had been about to place on the table and said, "Go to your room Yash Bhaiyya. You have an office there. Go work there."

Yash flushed, but without meeting her eyes, he murmured, "Umm... sorry Bhabhi... I... I will go to the living room."

He started gathering his papers when a slim hand caught his wrists tightly. "NO." The voice was stern. He looked into his Bhabhi's eyes and was startled at the fury he saw there.

"No. You will go into your room. If you are too scared to talk to your wife, you will sit at your office there and work. But you WILL give a chance to your son to be with you, see you, hear you. Ansh has been missing you so much - do you realize he has not even seen you for one week? Go to your room and stay there till dinner time. And that is an order." Vidhi stood there, arms folded across her chest glaring at him, daring him to object or disobey her order.

Yash knew she was right. So despite his reluctance, he went to his room.

Arti looked up as he came in, quickly suppressing her surprise. Ansh seemed to sense his father, for he spun around and squealed in glee. He rushed up to his father, crawling for greater speed, and Yash dropped his bag as he scooped his son up in his arms. He covered the child's face in kisses, whispering a soft "Sorry beta". Ansh was just happy to have his father, and hung on to his leg as Yash put his bag away. With an apologetic look towards Arti, Yash squatted down on the floor where the mother-son duo had been playing.

Arti started to get up when Yash said, "Stay Artiji, please." So - she did.

Ansh pushed some of his toys aside and picked up his favourite ball. He threw it at his father and Yash went automatically into their play-mode, pretending the ball hit him in his stomach, clutching his middle and falling over. Ansh erupted in laughter and jumped on his father who was lying on his back on the floor now. Yash caught him tight and rolled him right on to the floor tickling him silly.  Ansh then pushed himself up and picked up the ball for another round. This time though, he threw it at Arti. She reacted the same way as Yash, following the lead he had set. Soon, all three were on the floor, with Ansh laughing away as his parents played with him.

As the evening progressed Ansh tired and Yash got his bottle of milk as Arti prepared him for bed. Ansh drank the milk and fell asleep on Yash's lap, holding on to his mother's hand. They put him to bed together, covering him with his quilt and surrounding him with pillows. They stood side-by-side looking down at him as he slept.

"He missed you" Arti said, so softly that Yash had to strain to hear.

"I know", he replied equally softly.

Ansh settled into his pillows more comfortably and his parents moved away from the bed. As they walked towards the door of the room Arti said, a smile in her voice, "It is your house you know. I didn't marry you to scare you away from it."

Yash heard the smile and turned to look at her, a sheepish smile on his own face. "I know".

Seeing the look on his face Arti could not help but giggle. And soon the two were laughing, shushing each other to be quiet so as not to wake Ansh. The laughter finally dispelled the tension of the past week, breaking the ice forever.

The next morning, Arti handed Yash the usual cup of coffee. As she turned away, he said "Artiji?"

She turned back inquiringly and he said, a straight look on his face, "Artiji, can you just give me your special chai every morning?"

"You are a convert now, are you?" she asked, her eyes alight with laughter.

In response, he just held out the coffee-cup. She looked at the cup and then back at him, raising her eyebrows questioningly. He nodded at the cup, encouraging her to take a sip. Hesitantly she took the cup from him and surreptitiously wiping the brim with her fingers, she took an even more hesitant sip.

He saw the gesture and her reaction to the sip - and with difficulty stopped the guffaw that threatened to erupt. Her face scrunched up in disgust and she nearly spat the coffee out.

"Yuck!! This is disgusting!" Arti said, wiping her mouth with her palm, trying to get the taste out. After a moment she realized he had been drinking this coffee for nearly a week, and her jaw fell open. "Wait a minute Yashji. Has it really been this bad the whole time?"

He didn't reply but she saw the tiny smile playing on his lips.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier? And why ever did you continue drinking this...this horrible, burnt drink?" she exclaimed remorsefully.

Yash smile broadened at that. "Can I have chai instead please Artiji?"

She flushed and replied, "Yes of course" and handed him her un-touched cup.

He took a sip gratefully, and closed his eyes in relief as the caffeine spiraled through him, the spicy-sweet flavour of the adrak-chai wiping off the after-taste of the severely burnt coffee.

"Artiji!" His soft tone stopped her in her tracks. She looked at him, a slight wariness in her gaze now. "I will make coffee for you one day. Then you tell me whether you will continue drinking chai or join me in my coffee-camp."

Arti smiled back at him and left to get another cup for herself. And Yash finished his drink, standing by the bed looking at his son, a strange sense of peace filling him...

The following 60 member(s) liked the above post:

Mataixsara2838Sathyavathidancydreamerchella1991cynthiagemShwtygmhatcherelanpremigoyalkalpna123sweetone*Sohana*Singh*srilanka123piyushiSunrio80pvanaticsree1413neghajojo1986aman93billieberryMulaPopo.mjht_admirerPearl_27Shashi1984KamliKudiLeevi05nan0102Kittya_Cullenluv_lvndrnirmalac99ksenlulujjjj--Iqra--kratzyfanVincyAnne..Comrade4eva..RA17MSN_VannypalbharInduG64FireLordPhoenixsaf24Koolsmilerutu83jayshu17Alameluaanyakunatjikky_84Euphoria.caller123Tahitien-moonmaha9Sharlene1410PrincessAshVikIsYaRoCHeR_SharmeenLuvsGClovely_nikkitaahir004

Shashi1984 IF-Dazzler
Shashi1984
Shashi1984

Posted: 08 May 2013 at 12:41pm | IP Logged
Wow! Me first to comment. Yipee! Clap

Hey! It's fabulous. Beautifully stated the awkwardness of AarYa in the morning. Both are avoiding each other. Yash started to came late at night. Yash scared of Aarti? He spent a whole week without seeing his son, who matters him the most, as he is hesitant to facing Aarti. But he also knows that now there is somebody to take care of his son the same way he do.

It's so nice of Vidhi that he scolded her devar and told him to go to his room, and that Ansh has been missing him and Ansh has not seen him from one week. Poor Yash, had to obey his bhabhi.

Ansh was so happy to see his father. And the ball playing of the trio was awesome. Vidhi done a great job breaking the ice between AarYa.

The coffee moment was awesome. He had been drinking the burnt bitter tasting coffee since one week, and not even complained once. Loved the way he gave her the cup to sip without saying anything. Nice that they both started to talk with each other.

Waiting for more Yash-Aarti-Ansh moments.

Edited by Shashi1984 - 08 May 2013 at 12:49pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

neghakdsubsIsYaRoCHeR

Go to top