Punar Vivah

India-Forums

Punar Vivah
Punar Vivah

Dil Jaanta Hai - Thread 2: Ch 21 (Pg 134) (Page 32)

kdsubs IF-Dazzler
kdsubs
kdsubs

Posted: 19 April 2013 at 9:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by MelodiousDreams

*Reserved - again!*

LOL LOL

..Comrade4eva.. IF-Rockerz
..Comrade4eva..
..Comrade4eva..

Posted: 19 April 2013 at 9:01am | IP Logged
*Reserved*

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kdsubs

kdsubs IF-Dazzler
kdsubs
kdsubs

Posted: 19 April 2013 at 9:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by vidya29

This was an amazing update.We got to see how aarti reacted to the proposal.
For me Aarti perhaps will take a lot of time to get over the insecurities she nurtured as an orphan.They defined her decisions before and they tend to do the same now.
Isn't she like Arpita in a way,perhaps thats why she would be the best to take up her role.With her Ansh would have a mother as well as arpita in essence.
The last line,that vidhi spoke made me think something.Did arpita have a difficult pregnancy?

Thank you Vidya (or is it Vish)?

Arti's insecurities are deep-rooted and as you said, they defined her decisions before - and are doing so again now. The only time she overcame those insecurities were when she was married to Prashant. Perhaps another reason why she does not want to let go of him?

The similarities between Arti and Arpita: hmmm interesting question. I hadn't thought about it, but you made me. The way i see it - and Arpita is not fully fleshed out yet, so i may end up doing a u-turn; but at the moment, the way i see it - both are gentle, caring, loving souls. However Arpita had a fatal flaw (don't we all??) that ruled over her life - not only decisions (major and minor) but day-to-day life. Arti's fatal-flaw is her deep insecurity - and it does colour her life and decisions. The difference though is Arti is aware, at least at some level, about her insecurities and is open to addressing it, working on it. Arpita - nope. Her romanticism ruled her...and it left its effects on her and her family.

vidya29

ksfan2 IF-Dazzler
ksfan2
ksfan2

Posted: 19 April 2013 at 9:17am | IP Logged
loved it...it is so beautifull..feeling sad for aarthi ..waiting for the next update

kdsubs

kdsubs IF-Dazzler
kdsubs
kdsubs

Posted: 19 April 2013 at 9:28am | IP Logged

contd...
I mean,akin to the show she might have obstinately kept the child.the difficulties led to her death during childbirth.That was quite a romantic idea,the mother fighting for her child,despite all troubles.
I might be very wrong but thats what i infered.
I understand yet refuse to understand why she insists on Prashant.What they had was beautiful to her and good.But,does she not want to be the phoenix rising out of the ashes her life may become?

High-risk, life-threatening pregnancy - i did play around with the idea, but ultimately decided against it (been there, done that with Redemption). That's not to say that Arpita's pregnancy could not have been difficult - many of these details pan out as i write the part and i am nowhere near writing about it yet.

Arti now - your statement touches on the reason why i was so hesitant to pen this part. It would have been so much easier to show Arti jumping at the chance of being Ansh's mother. But Arti as i see her is a very complex character. She has layers that i have just started touching upon. Prashant-Arti were well matched in that respect - both extremely complex, both bull-headed and aggressive where the other specially was concerned. Yash on the other hand is a simple character - you get what you see with him. So, Yash becomes a perfect foil to Arti.

And now on to your question/statement. Her reaction goes back to her ingrained insecurities. If you remember, once Arti was old enough to understand "parents", she had herself distanced herself from the Shankars - Vidhi's parents. Till then, she used to call Sunaina-Mukesh as "Mummy-Papa" and she suddenly stopped. As an orphan, the biggest void in her life were parents. The Shankars were a viable alternative - but she choose not to go that route. They were not her parents in reality - and they did not formally adopt her either. So even though they provided her with an alternate home, their whole family accepted her - she still did not let herself get attached to them and maintained a distance.

Prashant was the only person in her life who was "hers" - totally and completely. She had unbound faith in him, once she married him. Even when he left abruptly after finding out about the baby, she knew he would come back. Her worry was not about whether he would return - because she knew he would - her worry was whether he would accept the baby. And he also gave her what she had always lacked - parents.

There are so many layers again to her reasoning for not letting go of Prashant. Not only was he her first love, he gave her a family, he gave her stability, he gave her a sense of belonging. Letting go of him completely leaves her rudderless...and she does not want to go back to that.

vidya29

kdsubs IF-Dazzler
kdsubs
kdsubs

Posted: 19 April 2013 at 9:30am | IP Logged

contd...
Vidhi is right.Living life as the widow of the man you love dearly is romantic,bur not practical.
God,I have to say so many things but my thoughts are running haywire.
You were successful in conveying the friendship and its awkwardness to the hilt.its newfound,they had been mere acquaintainces before.And there are somethings in life that are bound to make you friends after you've shared them.He shared his sorrow(or the afterstate of his devastation) and she shared her love(for ansh) and longing

@bold - i love that line Vish. Beautifully said.

Let's see - Vidhi may be able to get to her. She knows Arti better than anyone else alive.

vidya29

kdsubs IF-Dazzler
kdsubs
kdsubs

Posted: 19 April 2013 at 9:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by aman93

nice update...

Thank you Aman.
kdsubs IF-Dazzler
kdsubs
kdsubs