Punar Vivah

India-Forums

Punar Vivah
Punar Vivah

Dil Jaanta Hai - Thread 2: Ch 21 (Pg 134) (Page 142)

kdsubs IF-Dazzler
kdsubs
kdsubs

Posted: 09 June 2013 at 7:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by RA17

Hey Kat so longish chapter is waiting for me soon will cover tht too but right now lemme foucs on ch18

LOL - long chapters to sustain you once i go on vacation next week LOL.

So yash n aarti somewhere back to square one haan..  arre aartiji as yashji is ur soul mate not just love binds you like you had with p yeh rooh se rooh ka connection hai direct dil se which we realize it hopefull you both tooo ( wink)

Well, if she is going to do something so dumb as wear her dead husband's ms, what can she expect??? Woh soulmate connection and stuff will come later. Right now both think they lost their soul-mates - blind to what is right there in front of them. And that's why we are here Wink - to poke, prod, guide, yell, scream at them LOL.

Thanks Kat i am so glad no inhibitions in ansh celebration from yash as was lil scared the topic you bring as in show when payal bday was there so happy birthday chote nawab

Lol - i know! While i was writing this part i was thinking of Palak's birthday fiasco. But Yash here is more ...umm... normal, for lack of a better word. Or let's just say, he is less volatile. Plus this was Ansh's first birthday - if he did not behave i think both Suraj and Gayatri would have hauled him over burning coals LOL.

Omg aarpita parents .. how swwt of them really one of the charcters i admire in show but it was never explored much in show ( sorry baar baar le aati hun beech but cant help it much, hope you don't mind)

I know... i did wonder what happened to them in the show. They won't play much of a role after this in DJH either. Yash and Arti will help take care of them and get Anjali married - bas. I may or may not write about that - will see.

Really thats the best way aarti can get acknowledged n praised as ansh mother

Isn't it? Validation from Arpita's mom that she is a good mother to Ansh. A much needed ego-boost for Arti.

So finally aarti after aarya ms episode aart feeling J on yash ji saali i mena aadhi gharwali n he feelt the fire n smiled oh good how chweet visulaize it n felt sooo goood KAT thanks

Lol!!! I couldn't resist that part LOL.

Really even i am shocked with so obvious coming but dint see aarpita barsi if you bringing ansh bday

Yeah... i know. A celebration followed by a barsi. How sad is that! But Yash needed to grieve and let go and i used the barsi  as the catalyst.

Oh shanty param shanty the jhulla the convo n especially ahi n theri comfort in sitting together n later sharing abt theri respective demise partners.. really very beautifully written simple n wam

Arti has layers because of her past, but at heart she is a simple soul. So her solutions are simple too. Glad you liked it, i was not sure how this scene would come out, whether it would be natural progression or seem forced.

H WHAT AARPITA SUCIDE how come when wat happen haan yash n she had love marriage ansh birth n in a week she omg kya hai yeh sab

Explanation below...

Sigh thank god you answer it right away

Well i tell you this women cant praise other one for her llosk vidhi di not forget to metion aartpita mke up skills

LOL - you didn't miss that snide comment!

nervertheless i mean her dream of ideal just reminds me now tht y yash left what he loved  coz tht sand n all doesnot come fit in aarpita perfect images of mr perfect husband n loving yash gv up for her but still can you make it more sensible to me i mean abt all this depression is it coz her love for literature n going on maginary workd od stories are missed due to pregnancy n not going college haan  although now the dotted point so  maya telling aarpita idea of rmonace n all is coming as her world of stories

Really never thot this will ever be the  reason for aarpita demise n osh yash n whle family have to go thru

I know... i did debate about "killing her off" with something more common - childbirth complications, accident...but i had been building Arpita's character up for something different and i could not let go of the suicide/accidental death while depressed. Sigh - kya karun. Dumped this off-beat but tragic situation on all of you.

Hush its heavy dose will wait for your revert ...tc

Thanks for update n regular pm

Thank you so much Ria.

Hi Ria. This time i am not commenting in-line. Instead i will try to answer your question about Arpita.

Arpita died due to an overdose of sleeping pills. That is the only known and established fact regarding her death. Was it intentional or an accident? No one knows. Her sudden unexpected death left behind not only a grieving family, but also a family and especially husband, who has no way of getting closure on her death. They will never know whether she really committed suicide or she accidentally took the overdose - they are left to believe what they choose to believe. And by extension - so are we.

After delivery Arpita started suffering from post-partum depression. Its a pretty common situation here in the US. Not so common in India -and not expected or planned for either. A birth, and that too of a son is a joyous event, a blessing - so no one expects, or wants, or wants to believe that the mother may not be happy. I am saying all this to show that while Arpita would have got help and support to care for Ansh - no one would actually understand or sympathize with her mental state. She would have no help or support for herself. And remember, Yash has already said her family is very traditional - they would not be able to comprehend the depression.

Post-partum depression is triggered by the hormonal changes that occur after delivery. Like other forms of depression, it has levels/scales of intensity. In its most intense form, the mother has been known to harm her baby or herself, or sometimes both. There have been cases in the US where the mother has killed her children in her state of depression.

Did Arpita's love and belief in a romantic world cause the depression? NO. The cause of post-partum depression are the hormonal changes. But her beliefs may well have predisposed her - in the sense that she may not have developed skills and ways of handling stress. She perhaps used her beliefs to escape into a dream-world whenever faced with a stressful situation. But this time it may not have worked because this time it was her body, a very physical thing that was undergoing stress and reacting, and her mind could not cope.

I have studied psychology, done research in post-partum, but i have not practiced clinically. So i don't have the medical/clinical experience to espouse theories as to what caused Arpita to have this condition. Does it mean that every girl who lives in a romantic dream is at risk? No. Everybody reacts differently to stress, everyone experiences pregnancy and child-birth in their own unique way.

Unfortunately, post-partum depression is becoming more common, even in India. I used the condition in my story - Arpita developed the condition and while the doctors' identified it, perhaps they did not realize the intensity of her depression. Her family definitely did not. And at some point, Arpita, poor soul, took an overdose.

Don't let it affect you too much my friend. Its a story plot-point. I use this story to explore various situations and conditions in real life that interest/perplex me - so this one made an appearance. Don't take it to heart.

And i hope my attempt at explaining post-partum depression above helped clear some doubts.

Edited by kdsubs - 11 June 2013 at 10:02am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

RA17

_SharmeenLuvsGC IF-Sizzlerz
_SharmeenLuvsGC
_SharmeenLuvsGC

Posted: 09 June 2013 at 7:54am | IP Logged

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

kdsubsShashi1984

AntaresVega Goldie
AntaresVega
AntaresVega

Posted: 09 June 2013 at 7:57am | IP Logged
Looking forward to how Yash and Aarti will progress from here!! 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kdsubs

kdsubs IF-Dazzler
kdsubs
kdsubs

Originally posted by saf24

Loved the update Kat. It was so nice to see Yash and Aarti so relaxed around each other. Their family unit seems so much closer now. Especially loved the care and helpfulness Yash had for Aarti and the comfort between them. The ketchup moment with Ansh was really sweet as well. Looking forward to see what Delhi will bring for these two. Fab job...each update turns out better than the last.

Thanks Saf.

Ah Delhi - let's see. I expect the capital harbours some surprises for these two. But it will also bring them closer and hopefully evoke the latent love in them...
kdsubs IF-Dazzler
kdsubs
kdsubs

Originally posted by aman93

superb... waiting for nxt

Thank you Aman.
kdsubs IF-Dazzler
kdsubs
kdsubs

Posted: 09 June 2013 at 7:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by --Iqra--