Punar Vivah

India-Forums

Punar Vivah
Punar Vivah

Dil Jaanta Hai - Thread 2: Ch 21 (Pg 134) (Page 13)

kdsubs IF-Dazzler
kdsubs
kdsubs

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 10:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ketki61

Hey
congrats yu are doing a wonderful
narration each time
all the best
please keep us posted with ARYA
thanks
k

Thank you so much Ketki.

I am afraid i may disappoint you though - this story is as much about ArYa as it is about Arti-and the others, and a little about Yash and a select few. So all updates don't, and won't have ArYa necessarily. Bear with me though - there will be some ArYa-only scenes...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ketki61

villager00 IF-Sizzlerz
villager00
villager00

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 10:15am | IP Logged
OMG! Kat, amazing read ClapClapClap.. 
I hope the next one comes soon..
i had a great time reading three successive updates and congratulations for the new threadPartyDancing

kdsubs

IsYaRoCHeR IF-Sizzlerz
IsYaRoCHeR
IsYaRoCHeR

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 10:18am | IP Logged
Beautiful update, Kat!! ClapClap

Congratulations once again!! PartyHug

Wow!! Loved the talkies of the girls in the room about the shopping!! Big smile Payal is so cute while Ansh although he's too small, but he is used to be with Aarti!! EmbarrassedBig smile That's the great bond they shared!! Smile It just doesn't stop there, Ansh even jumped from Yash to Aarti's arm!! Great!! Big smile

OMG.. The photo?? Shocked But I felt good.. Tongue It's symbolizing something interesting coming up.. Wink

Thanks for the PM.. Embarrassed Update soon!! Tongue

kdsubs

kdsubs IF-Dazzler
kdsubs
kdsubs

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 10:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by villager00

OMG! Kat, amazing read ClapClapClap.. 
I hope the next one comes soon..
i had a great time reading three successive updates and congratulations for the new threadPartyDancing

Thank you Enid. Aaah - you had to cross threads to read the updates, eh? Thank you for the extra effort.
kdsubs IF-Dazzler
kdsubs
kdsubs

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 10:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by IsYaRoCHeR

Beautiful update, Kat!! ClapClap

Congratulations once again!! PartyHug

Wow!! Loved the talkies of the girls in the room about the shopping!! Big smile Payal is so cute while Ansh although he's too small, but he is used to be with Aarti!! EmbarrassedBig smile That's the great bond they shared!! Smile It just doesn't stop there, Ansh even jumped from Yash to Aarti's arm!! Great!! Big smile

OMG.. The photo?? Shocked But I felt good.. Tongue It's symbolizing something interesting coming up.. Wink

Thanks for the PM.. Embarrassed Update soon!! Tongue

Thank you Isya. Ansh may be little, but he knows what he wants. And Arti provides it - undivided attention.

The photo - i think it will end up playing a bigger role...let's see.

IsYaRoCHeR

kdsubs IF-Dazzler
kdsubs
kdsubs

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 10:34pm | IP Logged
Chapter - 12A

Arti wrapped her cold fingers around the earthenware cup as she took a long sip of the hot chai. As the beverage spread its warm tentacles through her, she settled back into the train-seat and wrapped her shawl around her tightly. She tucked her feet in and took another sip, sighing as the chai finally started warming her thin cold body. She finished the tea and leaned her head back.

The last few days had been so hectic. She had gone to office early and then brought work home as she worked late into the night. Since she rejoined, Thakore-chacha had delegated more and more work to her. The old gentleman was almost ready to retire and he had come to depend wholly on Arti over the last few months. Since she had to leave for Indore before the end of the month, she had assured him she would take care of all the accounts. And she had finally managed it. She had nearly missed her train that day - but all the accounts were taken care of, the books were balanced and Thakore-chacha was relieved...

Arti awoke with a start as the early morning sun streamed through the window. She had slept through the night! The train was nearing Indore and Arti went to the bathroom to freshen up.

Shobha and Satyendra were waiting at the station for her. She saw them through the window as the train pulled up at the platform. How frail they had become she thought with a pang. Ma used to have a glow about her, and Bauji was always so restless. Now they both looked as if...as if life had stilled. Prashant had gone and he had taken the joy of living with him...

Arti was one of the first to alight and the three greeted each other with glad smiles. As Arti bent to touch their feet, they both pulled her in for a hug instead. They caught up with each other during the drive home. Both Shobha and Satyendra noticed how Arti's face lit up when she told them about Ansh, as well as her work at the orphanage and they exchanged glances filled with pain that she would not have that joy permanently.

December 31st brought with it a cold drizzle and cloudy skies. There was no sign of the sun, no warmth. It was as if even the Gods were mourning with them. They prepared for Prashant's barsi quietly, barely exchanging a word, each family member lost in his/her own thoughts.

The puja was performed at home, in the covered balcony overlooking the garden where Prashant used to spend his evenings. The bare plants and dried grass seemed to participate in the ceremony, bowing down with the weight of the cold raindrops. But as the puja neared completion, the rain stopped and a gentle breeze, still cold, but without the touch of water in it, blew across the open space.

Arti could feel him. She could not see him, but she knew he was there. She felt something cold stroke her cheek gently, lovingly and she closed her eyes, imagining Prashant standing in front of her, lovingly stroking her face...And then, just as suddenly, he was gone.

Later when Shobha and Arti discussed the ceremony, they would both find that the other had felt something similar, that Prashant had come and been part of the puja. And when it ended, he had left.

That night, as the year drew to a close and the whole world celebrated the birth of a new year, Arti stood at the window, looking up at the stars. The sky had cleared after the rains and the year-end night-sky was twinkling, bright with stars. She had not asked the priest what it meant, the feeling she had during the puja. It was too...personal. She tried to relive each moment. She tried to decipher each moment. She knew he had come, and at the end of the puja she knew he had gone - just as suddenly as he had come. Had he come to say goodbye?

"I will always love you Prashant" Arti whispered to herself, as she wiped the slow-falling tears away. She would not cry anymore. He was at peace, somehow she was sure of that. And she was just as sure that she would never love another...

At Bhopal...

Payal had insisted they ring in the new year, insisted they all stay awake till midnight. But the little maharani felt her eyelids droop and by 10:30 she was fast asleep on the sofa. Pankaj picked her up and took her into their room, followed by Vidhi and they put her in bed, tucking her in. As they walked towards the door, they heard Ansh cry out again. Just as Vidhi started to rush out, Pankaj held her back.

"No Vidhi, don't" he said when she looked back at him.

She stared at him in confusion, "Ansh is crying Pankaj. Can't you hear him?"

"I can. And I also remember very clearly Yash stating he wants to be the one spending time with Ansh in the evenings, he wants to do everything...Let them be Vidhi, give him a chance to learn how to soothe his son" Pankaj replied.

Vidhi now turned around fully and held Pankaj's hand, "Bhaiyya knows how to soothe his son. But..."

"But this is like a repeat of the time when you returned from Mumbai, isn't it? I think Ansh finds it difficult to adjust..."

Vidhi shook her head, "No. If that were true, he would be crying when we go to a new place. Not when we return home." As the cries escalated, she looked at her husband pleadingly, "Let me go, na. He is crying so much."

Reluctantly Pankaj left her arm and muttered to himself, "We need to get Ansh a mother so I can get my wife back!"

Vidhi stopped and turned on him, "What? What did you say?"

Confused by the expression on her face, he hurriedly said, "Nothing. I didn't mean anything by it.'

Vidhi shook her head, "No. You are right. You are absolutely right! Ansh is missing his mother."

Just as she muttered to herself, "How could I not see it?" Gayatri entered their room carrying Ansh. She handed him to Vidhi and said, "Yash wasn't there, I think he is in his studio. So..."

Vidhi nodded, "I'll put him back to sleep."

Gayatri looked at her and Pankaj for a moment and then said, "Come with me. Bring Ansh with you."

Wondering what she had in mind, the two followed Gayatri to her room. Suraj was already there, reading a book. As they came in, he looked up in mild surprise and then kept his book aside. Gayatri sat down next to him and indicated the others should sit. Vidhi and Pankaj sat opposite their parents, Ansh still in Vidhi's arms as she patted him back to sleep.

Gayatri started, "I overheard your remarks as I was coming to your room with Ansh." At Vidhi's furious blush she smiled and said, "Your Bauji and I had had the same thought and I was wondering how to discuss it. You gave me a good opportunity. I agree, Ansh does need a mother. Yash is a good father, but it's not enough. And it does not help that he is so busy."

Pankaj immediately came to his brother's defense, "He is doing his best Ma. We all had to learn how to be good fathers. And we had our wives to guide us. He is...he is alone. And as for being busy, we are the ones who wanted to see him busy at work so he could take his mind off Arpita."

Suraj nodded, "Yes Pankaj. And your mother is not accusing Yash of anything, so no need to flare up or defend him. We all have his best interests at heart."

Pankaj flushed and looked at his mother in contrition. Before he could say anything she shook her head and continued as if there had been no interruption, "Ansh needs more attention than Yash can give him. We all are busy and it's not fair on either Vidhi or Payal if the whole responsibility falls on her."

Taking a moment to gather her thoughts, or perhaps her courage, she continued, "Ansh bonds really well with Arti, isn't it?" They all nodded, suddenly aware where this was leading.

Gayatri now addressed Vidhi directly, "She is a good friend of yours. What do you think? Do you think she will be a good mother to Ansh?"

"She will be an excellent mother to Ansh!" Vidhi said. "But..."

"But what beta?" Suraj asked gently.

"I don't know if either Arti or Bhaiyya will agree to a punar vivaah." Knowing she did not have to say anything further about Yash and understanding Gayatri's unspoken question, she continued, "I don't know if Arti has moved on....I know she has accepted her loss, come to terms with it. But living life as she is and getting married again - they are two different things."

As everyone waited, Vidhi continued, looking Gayatri in the eye, "She loved Prashant...she still does. A re-marriage would mean committing herself to some other man...I don't know if she is ready to do that."

"And that may be for the best" Gayatri said softly. As everyone looked at her in surprise she explained, "Yash has not fully moved on from Arpita either. I doubt he will be able to commit to another woman, be a husband to her...Someone who understands that, is in the same place as him will not expect more from him than he can give. A partner, a friend, some one they can depend on for Ansh...right now that may be the best they can give each other. And it will be enough..."

And Suraj completed her thought, "And it's not a bad basis for a marriage, is it? Friendship always makes a good foundation for a marriage..."

Gayatri nodded as she continued, "And with time the friendship can, no....will turn into something more, making them into true husband and wife".

Vidhi looked doubtfully at them, Both Arti and Yash seemed so far removed from a re-marriage...and would they even agree?

As if reading her mind Gayatri said, "We will talk to Yash and Arti's in-laws. Let us see perhaps the new year will bring a new beginning for them and a complete family for Ansh."

The following 62 member(s) liked the above post:

Mataixtanishasingh3Sathyavathibmeenuu111chella1991cynthiagemdancydreamerPiieelanpremiketki61ShwtygmhatcherPd2012*Sohana*Singh*srilanka123piyushisweetonedarrishkeerthus.9sree1413billieberrydisha_rajdevjojo1986aman93*Maleena*padmavarShashi1984KamliKudiKittya_CullenashGC_arjaLeevi05ksenluv_lvndrnirmalac99--Iqra--Deepti1808MSN_Vanny..Comrade4eva..RA17palbharkratzyfanprincess121993saf24jayshu17MelodiousDreamsAlameluaanyakunatrutu83KoolsmileZetterFireLordPhoenix_SharmeenLuvsGCilovepyaarcaller123jikky_84Tahitien-moonSharlene1410IsYaRoCHeRdrmhplovely_nikkitaahir004Donnaa

princess121993 IF-Rockerz
princess121993
princess121993

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 10:40pm | IP Logged
yay...i m first to comment...
it is an awesome and mindblowing updateClap
omg...poor aarti...she is still missing prashant very much...she felt prashants soul...thats absolutely amazing yaar...Cry...i had tears

poor pankaj...wants to romance with vidhi..n vidhi all busy again...lolLOL

so sm members are thinking to get yash and aarti remarried...wow...
Big smile
lets see how they convince them

do update soon yaarWink

Edited by princess121993 - 11 April 2013 at 10:52pm

kdsubs

billieberry Goldie
billieberry
billieberry

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 11:12pm | IP Logged
Superb update dear, prashant visited aarti, poor panku, nice one update soon. nd thanx for d pm :)

kdsubs

Go to top