Punar Vivah

India-Forums

Punar Vivah
Punar Vivah

Dil Jaanta Hai - Thread 2: Ch 21 (Pg 134) (Page 121)

kdsubs IF-Dazzler
kdsubs
kdsubs

Posted: 31 May 2013 at 8:39am | IP Logged
Chapter - 20 (contd).

Later after breakfast, Yash took a bath and bathed Ansh as well. After he came out and had dressed Ansh, Arti said hesitantly, "Yashji. I want to take a bath."

Yash had been combing his hair and stopped instantly, his hand half-way to his head. He turned to look at Arti and she blushed a furious red. He quickly finished his grooming without uttering a word. His brain was racing, He hadn't thought of that. Bath! No wonder she had wanted a nurse. How was she going to take a bath?

He put Ansh into his playpen and told Arti, "Wait a minute, I think I know" and he walked out. He was back soon enough with a chair in hand, which he took inside the bathroom. Then he came and carried Arti inside. Arti ssaw he had placed the chair in the centre of the bathtub with a bucket full of water and a mug within easy reach.

"How will I get in?" Arti wailed. In the middle of summer in Bhopal's heat there was no way she could stay without a bath. She had to take one, but the logistics of it baffled her – how could she bathe and still retain some modicum of decency in front of Yash?

"I will put you in the chair, and then I will leave and you can take your clothes off and bathe" Yash explained, as if to a child.

"And then? How do I come out Yashji?" Arti asked a sob in her voice.

"I will be outside the door. Call me and I will come get you" Yash said.

"You will get me! You will get me! How? I will be..." And she could not finish.

Yash flushed, realizing and put her on the chair. He then took his bathrobe from behind the door and put it within her reach. "It's a bit damp, but do you think you can wear that once you are done?"

She nodded resolutely. He nodded back at her and walked out, closing the door softly.

Arti slowly exhaled, the tension ebbing out of her. Taking the saree and blouse off was simple enough and though the petticoat posed a challenge, she managed. Once undressed, she took a quick bath with the deliciously cool water. She was tempted to stay longer, run some more water over herself, but knew she would need Yash's help and Ansh was waiting. Struggling into the bathrobe, she called out to Yash.

Yash came into the bathroom immediately and found a wet, bedraggled figure awaiting him. Avoiding her eyes, he picked her up and took her into the bedroom. Carefully he put her on the bed and walked away to Ansh's playpen letting her dress. A few minutes later he heard a frustrated exclamation from Arti and turned to see her clutching his bathrobe tightly around herself.

"I can't wear this" she said irritably, holding up the saree she had asked him to put out for her. Seeing the quizzical expression on his face, she explained, "I can't wear a saree while I am sitting. I have to stand."

"So, wear something else" he said reasonably. He watched in surprise as tears pooled in her eyes.

Arti felt so helpless. Even after her accident she had not felt this helpless. She hated being dependant on anyone and now she had to depend on Yashji of all people!

Confused he came to her and asked, "Why Artiji? Kya hua? Why are you crying? Don't you have anything else? Ok, let me go check in Bhabhi's cupboard, I am sure she won't mind. I will tell..." He stopped as Arti shook her head.

Sniffing she said, "I have some salwar kurtas in the cupboard. Can you get me one please?"

He nodded and almost ran to the cupboard. Opening it, he couldn't see any salwar kurtas but Arti directed him where to look. "Which one do you want?" he asked.

"Anyone will do" she said and added softly "I don't care."

Yash's sharp ears picked up that soft understatement and for some inexplicable reason, he felt hurt. He looked through the clothes - they all looked old and faded. He picked the least faded one and brought it to her. "Thank you" she muttered and took the dress.

He turned around and she pulled on the kurta. As he walked back towards the playpen, he passed the dressing table and saw a reflection of Arti struggling to get her hurt right leg into the salwar.

That evening Yash walked into their bedroom carrying boxes and packages. He dumped everything on the bed and Ansh jumped on the packets whooping at the crinkling sound.

"What's all this Yashji?" Arti asked.

"Clothes. I hope they fit" Yash said and stood, folding his arms across his chest, obviously waiting.

Not understanding, Arti opened the first package she could reach and took out a long skirt and a contrasting kurti. All the packages contained clothes for her – long skirts, kurtis as well as salwar kurtas. They were in bright, vibrant colours….colours that Arti had not worn in a long time but knew they looked good on her. And at a first glance, she knew the clothes would fit her too.

"Why?" she asked in surprise.

He shrugged. "You can't wear sarees or salwar kurtas in this condition. And I know you used to wear skirts, I have seen Bhabhi's college photos. Skirts would be easier to wear, no?". She nodded, bemused.

Yash continued, "Your salwar kurtas are faded. So I thought of getting a few new ones. You can always buy more once you get better, but I just wanted you to have some. So..." he trailed off.

Arti looked through the clothes, fingering the light materials, absorbing the cheerful, vibrant hues. A small smile played on her lips. Truth to tell, she had never had so many new clothes at the same time, not even during her marriage. It felt...special. She felt special.

She looked at Yash and he was gratified to see the smile and twinkle in her eyes. "Thank you Yashji." He shook his head at that.

"Waise how did you manage this? You didn't leave the house. So how..." Arti asked curiously.

"I browsed the web, picked a few samples and sent them to one of my assistants. Told her to select similar items and gave her your size. She did the rest. And don't worry, not all are from designer stores" Yash added cheekily.

"How did you know my size?" Arti was genuinely puzzled now.

Yash smiled at that, "Artiji. I am a designer and an artist. I am used to measuring things just by looking at them. It wasn't difficult".

Arti blushed red and was forever grateful to Ansh who jumped up and launched himself at Yash right at that instant. Yash caught up his son and twirled him in the air. And then the two men left Arti alone for a few minutes while she changed into a peacock green skirt and white kurti with peacock green embroidery.

Yash came in with Ansh and whistled at Arti, making her blush even more. He put the packages away and then carried her to the mirror. The man in blue jeans and white shirt, carrying the woman in green-and-white, with her hair falling undone over his arms. They made a pretty picture and Ansh came around and sat in front of them, completing the family portrait.

Edited by kdsubs - 31 May 2013 at 9:19am

The following 65 member(s) liked the above post:

sara2838Sathyavathibmeenuu111chella1991cynthiagemdancydreamerSunrio80Piieketki61ShwtygmhatcherPd2012elanpremividya29srilanka123piyushisweetonegoyalkalpna123darrishpvanaticneghaSankyGalsree1413Popo.disha_rajdevjojo1986billieberryMula*Maleena*mjht_admirerpadmavarKittya_CullenShashi1984KamliKudiPearl_27Leevi05nan0102ksenluv_lvndrnirmalac99MSN_Vanny--Iqra--..Comrade4eva..RA17kratzyfanjayshu17Koolsmilerutu83saf24ZetterFireLordPhoenix..Pankhudi.._SharmeenLuvsGCmaha9Tahitien-moonjikky_84Euphoria.caller123Sharlene1410PrincessAshVikroseroseylovely_nikkitaahir004SurishDonnaa

rutu83 IF-Rockerz
rutu83
rutu83

Posted: 31 May 2013 at 8:41am | IP Logged
Big smile2 reserves?! do do updates honge kya?Party

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kdsubs

kdsubs IF-Dazzler
kdsubs
kdsubs

Posted: 31 May 2013 at 8:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rutu83

Big smile2 reserves?! do do updates honge kya?Party

Wink - trying to figure that out. This next update is really long - debating whether i should split into two posts, and if yes, then where. It will be up shortly... if work emergencies stop for a moment. I tell ya...

rutu83

rutu83 IF-Rockerz
rutu83
rutu83

Posted: 31 May 2013 at 8:51am | IP Logged
a long update Dancing enough to prob need two posts DancingDancing
oh boy oh boy Big smile

ah work- the necessary evil WinkLOL

kdsubs

RA17 IF-Rockerz
RA17
RA17

Posted: 31 May 2013 at 9:05am | IP Logged
kya baat hai Kat i even dint stated by 17 longest chapter  i mena part 1 no you have reserved fior ch 20

n i am loving itHug

kdsubs

kdsubs IF-Dazzler
kdsubs
kdsubs

Posted: 31 May 2013 at 9:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rutu83

a long update Dancing enough to prob need two posts DancingDancing
oh boy oh boy Big smile

ah work- the necessary evil WinkLOL

Up there now. And now go comment away Wink.
kdsubs IF-Dazzler
kdsubs
kdsubs

Posted: 31 May 2013 at 9:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by RA17

kya baat hai Kat i even dint stated by 17 longest chapter  i mena part 1 no you have reserved fior ch 20

n i am loving itHug

Hehehe, take your time Ria.

RA17

rutu83 IF-Rockerz
rutu83
rutu83

Posted: 31 May 2013 at 9:34am | IP Logged

before commenting on anything else- maggiii Hug  i would have starved to death during college if not for the genius invention called maggiLOL  yash-- maggi for a week?!! i bow to you masterApprove  i didn't have to imagine the expressions on aarti's face- i've been on receiving end of those.  multiple times. Big smile

btw, totally agree about the baby clothes!  and those tiny pastel things are expensive! unbelievably soDead  did yash really buy a silk shirt for 10,000?
did aarti just trip?  yash "asked" ansh to follow.  so ansh can walk? or is he still crawling?
i love it when doctor has to specify no running after telling the patient no walking LOL
i feel for aarti-  being dependent for every little thing sucks.  and for aarti - doubly so.  and it's not a major injury but it hurts. even moving a little hurts. Ouch
but it's building that trust with yash soThumbs Up

wow! written so much Embarrassedi was going to write more about the completed family image at the end and how yash remembered aarti's choice of clothes from pics of his bhabhi's college days but will stopStern Smile

Edited by rutu83 - 31 May 2013 at 11:46am

kdsubs

Go to top