Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon

India-Forums

Episode 241 Discussion: 9th April 2013 (Page 5)

cardio21 IF-Rockerz
cardio21
cardio21

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 10:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by AreYaar

Originally posted by cardio21

And most interestingly...when Madhu was on the verge of fully giving in and closed her eyes anticipating a kiss...there was no victory smirk on RK's face...He was just watching her with this turmoil in his eyes...almost a sheen of tears.

Thanks for pointing this out for me.. Else I almost wanted to fast forward today's episode. I wish he can bring out his real feelings.. I don't mind the junoon but why demonstrating psychotic behavior. If I would have witnessed the precap in real life, I would have given him some Haldol stat!!

LOL well the thing with junoon is that you can't control or really predict it...in RK's case especially...now just try and take a step back for a moment and look at this...try to look beyond his actions...I'm not justifying his behavior from any angle...but I do think it's in character...

This is a man who's world is FALLING APART...and he doesn't yet have the COURAGE to understand or admit WHY...all he knows is that he isn't being able to bear it...He's a tortured soul drowning in the madness inside him and desperately trying to swim ashore...All he knows is that only Madhu can get him ashore...but he doesn't yet realize HOW to go about it the right way...

The very fact that a lot of RK's "finesse" in executing his revenge is now gone shows how much he's unraveling...He's desperately driven to the edge.

there are too many layers to his behavior...unfortunately the only layer that most of the audience will look at is the top one which is coming across as classic psychopath...

Not denying that it's difficult to watch RK in this mode...but it will take something to stabilize him...As of now, only Madhu can do that.

I hope so! I read a post which implied that for RK it's all about romance n physical connection. I didn't like the statement at all.. Because I think despite him acting like a psychopath, their love for each other is eternal. I didn't want to spam somebody's post who clearly does not share my view point, but I strongly disagree.. I am also not happy with the way his actions are currently manifested, but doesn't seem to be all physical from both RK n Madhu's perspective. They have strong feelings for each other.. One is clear about it and wants to suppress it because of the obvious and other is a confused soul. 

The following 21 member(s) liked the above post:

shanmanjusyasyalovehappinessUDEYRed_Opiumvkk2429Kaysoni28blacklamboriver123Angeenahansa22Ananya05zoya_naziyasree.gattu0-SD-0Piyatrix_charu_The.Lannisterleelaa9AreYaar

cardio21 IF-Rockerz
cardio21
cardio21

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 11:02am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Red_Opium

I think the lack of continuity between two scenes stood out like a sore thumb.  At some point, I even check to see if any part of the episode was missing from the provided link.  Should I assume that after addressing RK with an important question, Madhu excused herself to the restroom to power her nose Confused?  Sometimes, I wonder if the editing director is ST's cousin or brother in law; therefore, he never gets blamed or replaced Ermm?  There is so mistakes that gets overlooked repeatedly.

Anyways, here are my likes:
RK's entry, recitation of poetry, and reminisces of romantic scenes.  The way he still claims his right over Madhu, makes me strongly think that this man's self entitlement gauge is broken LOL.  But I love that about him, it makes him so interesting to watch.

RK's phone conversation with Sultan was the highlight of the episode for me.  Without using his Spelling Bee skills, RK was clear as crystal towards Sultan OuchOuchOuch.     

Dislikes:

Sultan, kid, kaka, the picnic basket and whatever it was inside of it. Angry 

LOL I think they'll show tomorrow how RK came by Madhu's phone maybe...either ways I loved that scene cuz RK told some much needed home truths to Mr. Picnic Basket.

@bold: haha I agreeLOLLOL

What's interesting is that there was a time when Madhu understood that this was his way of showing his love for her...but since he shattered her trust with the revenge drama, she isn't able to read his crazily veering antics as much anymore...She needs SOMETHING from him...and she's very right to need that...but RK unfortunately hasn't reached the point yet to give that to her...she needs that assurance of love.

I am glad that I am not the only one who was furious with the entire picnic scenario. Even Aryan annoyed me today. Knowing that he craves for the mother figure he found in Madhu, he still needs to act his age. And his smitten teenager dad should know better. 

shanmanjusyasyaUDEYRed_OpiumKayvkk2429blacklamboriver123AngeenaNeutral_Monasoni28sree.gattuAnanya05zoya_naziya0-SD-0_charu_Piyatrixwar_is_peaceThe.Lannisterleelaa9AreYaar

0-SD-0 IF-Rockerz
0-SD-0
0-SD-0

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 11:06am | IP Logged
Again my counting minutes continues

1. Sultan -Madhu- Aryan - 1.33 seconds [Sugary sweet telephone talk continues -Madhu: I am really sorry ? and sufggest Besan ka lep for washing off the color] Me thinks - Why ? Ermm- Was it a romantic music that was being played ?
  2. Madhu-Padmini - Trishna - 2.06 mins - [P& T & Sudhakar getting ready to depart for Shirdi while Madhu's departure gets cancelled thru Ravi's call from Studio about her night shift. Madhu asks P to give her 100 Rs chadhava ] Will Trishna and Padmini meet with an accident while coming back from Shirdi ? Are they going to be staying in the serial ? I am terribly confused. Confused
  3. Aryan-Kaka-Sultan - 2.30 mins - [Aryan remembering Madhu's parenting] Why would Sultan get the wierd idea that he should go and have dinner with Madhu. Now kaka has become another spokesman for audience on behalf of Sultan...Sultan apne liye ya Aryan ke liye jaa raha hai
  4. Madhu in Studio-  49 seconds - [Wondering]
  5. RK-Madhu - 7.20 min -[nautanki shuru LOL] - idiotic wooing with plain dialogues...God!! Rishabh Kundra in real life cannot woo in charming style like his Superstar aura. It is too brash and straight.  
  6. Sultan - Aryan - 2.46 mins [Chawl entry and Madhu jaap - Sleepy]
  7. Sultan - RK - 1.52 mins [ RK telling Sultan not to call Madhu his Biwi and Sultan listening - action to be taken later looks] It was fearsome to me...not a good foreboding Dead

Total distribution for the scenes of all three - inclusive and not exclusive
  • Madhu - 11.49 mins
  • RK - 9.12 mins
  • Sultan - 8.41 min
Total airtime = 18.52 (removing all aage dekhiye and precaps)

Rishabh Kundra in real life cannot woo in charming style like his Superstar aura. It is too brash and straight.  Was it not charming because his real life persona is bombastic. The way he said those things...they were like matter of fact. And that line was hilarious. ...Since I saw your face, seeing moon was waste of time LOL.

But this line is perfect. Yeh Ishq kaisa hai jo na jeene dega, na marne dega. Because that is how falling in love should be.Approve   For me...I like this one best...because you get to test your love every day and you ask yourself ...if it is worth believing it, trusting it and living the pain of it. It tests my strength if I can live up to its demands.

Madhu's falling in love in previous times was "her being lost in his him" and she wanted to talk about it, which she could not. CVs never gave her the chance to hear her side of story and we just had to go by "Main Pareshaan song". But even that was so beautiful. Pristine kind. Approve  And later on it became too easy for her...when RK supposedly confessed to her.  Dead  

But actually...falling in love is stronger when you are resisting the same love. This intensity is what is the ultimate Ishq...the longing, the resistance, the temptation, the withholding etc...

Edited by 0-SD-0 - 09 April 2013 at 11:18am

The following 40 member(s) liked the above post:

shanmanjuguapa_shals_syasyadramago-Trinity-bcbs_srkUDEYRed_OpiumJasperJazzpsk08vkk2429sangeet6690sweetdearapolloartemisKayanastasia21applenpeachesarmummyNeutral_Monahansa22blacklamboriver123AngeenaAnanya05zoya_naziyaForeverForUsree.gattusupercool3PiyatrixFortitude_charu_susan7-Dil-ennishetwar_is_peacecaffeineaddict.The.Lannisterleelaa9AreYaar

river123 IF-Dazzler
river123
river123

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 11:09am | IP Logged

[QUOTE=AreYaar][QUOTE=Red_Opium]

I am glad that I am not the only one who was furious with the entire picnic scenario. Even Aryan annoyed me today. Knowing that he craves for the mother figure he found in Madhu, he still needs to act his age. And his smitten teenager dad should know better. 

Agree on the annoying part (kid and father.) However, have to say that kids that age can get pretty single-minded about something they really want!    

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

syasyaRed_OpiumUDEYKayhansa22blacklamboAngeena0-SD-0zoya_naziya_charu_ennishetleelaa9AreYaar

anastasia21 IF-Dazzler
anastasia21
anastasia21

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 11:11am | IP Logged
Something felt very wrong about the way Rishabh Kundra went wooing her beloved back to his life. Maybe his sad, croaked voice, droopy eyelids, near to crying face remind me of those times when he faked his love and pain and trapped Madhu into feeling his love. Well, if I was cornered in a dark studio by Rishabh Kundra, professing his love for me and reminding me of those supposed "landmark" moments, I would have asked him very different questions, instead of just going waltzing around with him. Once bitten, twice shy.

This is what Madhubala Malik needed to do after RK's un-wedding drama :
  • check herself into therapy
  • enroll for a self defense class
  • relocate
  • advance her career in any general direction
But she chose to hang around RK and surrounding - to yeh to hona hi tha.

Oh goody! Looks like Sultan wants to have dinner with Madhu under the pretense of Aryan's khushiyaan. Umm, buddy, did you forget you slaughtered few people on the chawl ground only day before and left so as not to pose a problem? Now you are back there to do what, stir up more trouble? Not only 5yrs of tough parenting, getting-him-ready-for-the-big-bad-world is going to waste, Sultan is now getting swayed by a 5 year old's words. "Everything in moderation" should be something he needs to follow, all the more because he is a gangster and has a kid.

On the other hand, Rishabh Kundra has never heard of something called moderate. He either goes for way too high, or takes it far far below. After the revenge drama and its authenticity was established, this question kept on bugging me - in his revenge act, was there ever an instance when he was genuine, when he wasn't wearing a mask. We'll never know. But the memories he chose today were interesting  -
  • when they first met. She was on the bridge and he was on the piano
  • locked in the studio and Madhu, being scared of dark, runs into his arms
  • KC swing and not the KC ritual - RK style
  • Baahon ke darmiyaan
All the events that ever happened to them in the studio. Not a single memory from the RK mansion or elsewhere. It maybe so because they were in the studio right then. But somehow it leads me to believe that all these instances were unplanned, impromptu, he was himself and his facade slipped even if it was for moments.

Buuut, the choice of words creeped me out - chaand sa chehera, chaand ko dekhna is a waste of time, yeh aankhein, ek raat do dil, nazzuk si gudiya ki tarah mere seene se lag gayi, khoobsurat sa gana - beyond creepy if you go by RK's basic style of BBB.

Without getting into RK's RRR, why did Madhu didn't do this or that and which nutty road RK is headed down towards now, let me sum up my opinion about the whole thing - this ain't gonna cut it, you gotta try better and harder. But well, this week's food is already plated and ready to be served.

And all this was just the first 15mins. Next 5mins - bloopers galore and useless drama.

Edited by anastasia21 - 09 April 2013 at 11:17am

The following 25 member(s) liked the above post:

shanmanjusyasyaUDEYbcbs_srkRed_OpiumJasperJazzvkk2429Kayarmummyapplenpeachesblacklamboriver123Angeenahansa22Ananya050-SD-0zoya_naziyasree.gattusupercool3PiyatrixFortitude_charu_ennishetThe.Lannisterleelaa9

Red_Opium Senior Member
Red_Opium
Red_Opium

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 11:12am | IP Logged

My two cents:

LOL RK PAAGAL ho chuka hai...more than USUAL paagal I meanLOLLOL...

Two bits I particularly liked in the RK-Madhu scene...one would have to be his opening dialogue as he saunters in tashan seLOLLOL...second would have to be the dialogues during the dance...those were very telling in my opinion of RK's confused state of mind...which just knows that it CRAVES Madhu...and I liked how they transitioned...RK softened over the course of the dance till by the end it was indeed Madhu who had completely melted...lol hilarious how Madhu was leaning in for a kiss when he wasn't even really trying to kiss herLOLLOL

Best toh was him bajaaoing Sultan ofcourse...lol...the way he was saying APSHABD really cracked me up.

And seriously the kid is getting on my LAST nerve now too...Bhindi rolls? W*F?!!  They are so FORCING in this whole angle...and Sultan bhi overnight itna sappy...btw what was up with him randomly all JI JI-ing Madhu? LOL yeh JI kahaan se aa gaya bhai?

LOL the ending is again a red herring...just like Sultan's so called "alvida" only translated to him showing up at Madhu's house the very next day, this "woh kabhi nahin aayegi" is also not going to materialize I bet.

Oh that reminds me I loved RK saying ki Alvida ki IZZAT karoLOL

I never found Aryan that annoying before today but seriously BAHUT ho gaya ab...they are OVERDOING his attempts to be "cute" now and it's NOT working...and Sultan toh I  just don't get...whatever happened to the ALVIDA, hain?  Only RK has the license to be a pendulum in this show cuz he's a certified paagal...yeh Sultan ko suddenly kya naye naye bhoot chadh jaate hain?

Precap just shows more of RK's confused state of mind IMO...He wants her back but he's going about it the wrong way...He's veering towards extremes in EXTREME desperation now.

Taking off from SD's post yesterday about RRR, this can't be straightforward I guess...

It would help though if the writers set up some basis...yesterday RK was fuming...today he was suddenly in a romantic mood...it's kinda hard to keep trackLOL

AY, great post Smile
@ Red, couldn't agree more.  It appeared to me that all those lines were actually directed towards his own self.  As if he was asking and trying to answer his own inner-self, Madhu's presence came across as a prop during that scene.
@ Blue, ROFLROFLROFL, the kid never made a place in my heart from the beginning. 

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

shanmanjusyasyavkk2429sweetdearKayblacklamboriver123Angeenasree.gattuzoya_naziyaAnanya050-SD-0_charu_Fortitudewar_is_peaceleelaa9AreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 11:13am | IP Logged

. I am also not happy with the way his actions are currently manifested, but doesn't seem to be all physical from both RK n Madhu's perspective. They have strong feelings for each other.. One is clear about it and wants to suppress it because of the obvious and other is a confused soul. 

ExactlyThumbs Up

Originally posted by 0-SD-0

But this line is perfect. Yeh Ishq kaisa hai jo na jeene dega, na marne dega. Because that is how falling in love should be.Approve   For me...I like this one best...because you get to test your love every day and you ask yourself ...if it is worth believing it, trusting it and living the pain of it. It tests my strength if I can live up to its demands.

But actually...falling in love is stronger when you are resisting the same love. This intensity is what is the ultimate Ishq...the longing, the resistance, the temptation, the withholding etc...

I loved that line too...also the line right after that when he goes, "Kya tumne humaare beete huye kal mein humara aane wala kal dekha tha?" There was a musing quality to RK's dialogues in that scene...so I would not say at all that he was taking ADVANTAGE of or "abusing" Madhu in that scene...She was drawn in by the memories he was reminding them both of...that soulful connection they both share that neither of them can deny.

And RK himself spoke of ISHQ...lol...half a confession, ppl...lol...he's mentioning that there is this love b/w them that doesn't let them live or die.

shanmanjusyasyaUDEYRed_OpiumKayvkk2429sweetdearblacklamboriver123Angeenasoni28hansa22MFarah130-SD-0Ananya05zoya_naziyasree.gattuPiyatrix_charu_war_is_peaceleelaa9

0-SD-0 IF-Rockerz
0-SD-0
0-SD-0

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 11:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ennishet

RK: Do you have to rake up the unpleasant memories? Can you just say that what all you did was wrong and you feel awfully bad for it and wish to make a fresh start with a clean state? I know your answer, NO. Not possible as CV's want to mess it up further and have Madhu stealthily leaving the house to meet Aryan in the future ( and Sultan).

ennishet,

you forget...not everything has to be about bad memories. Think about it positively. He showed you today...all the good memories from the same ugly days of his. So throughout his revenge he had been falling in love with her, stuck to her, attracted to her like we saw. He is now just trying to speak up...which is really not coming out charmingly. He is not a superstar before Madhu and not acting RK style to charm her. We are laughing at his antics rather than ogling at him and likewise Madhu is not totally lost in him...but listening to him with ears. Well ! tell me when did RK ever talk to Madhu about what he thinks about her and them.  Today atleast he called her a moon. Well for starters...shouldn't we all be happy that...he is no more a charmer, but stating facts. Cool

The following 30 member(s) liked the above post:

shanmanjusyasya_shals_UDEYRed_OpiumJasperJazzdramagobcbs_srkKaysweetdearvkk2429blacklamboriver123Angeenahansa22armummyNeutral_MonaMFarah13soni28sree.gattuAnanya05zoya_naziyasupercool3_charu_war_is_peaceennishetPiyatrixThe.Lannisterleelaa9AreYaar

Go to top