Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon

India-Forums

Episode 241 Discussion: 9th April 2013 (Page 16)

zoya_naziya IF-Rockerz
zoya_naziya
zoya_naziya

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 10:43pm | IP Logged
Shri, My interpretation of the mask was as follows...

RK came from behind the mask... He had shed all his trappings/aura of The RK image and he portrayed his core personality...

Does that sound lame?

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

shanmanjuUDEYRed_OpiumJasperJazzblacklamboriver123Angeena0-SD-0Ananya05sree.gattusupercool3_charu_Fortitudeennishetwar_is_peaceleelaa9

supercool3 IF-Veteran Member
supercool3
supercool3

Crazy Creatives Lead

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 10:49pm | IP Logged
@SD - I thought the studio was setup to create this imagery of what type of place Rishabh Kundra resides in (when he's locked up inside RK). That mask is the RK mask that Rishabh puts on. To him, its just a simple mask that protects him from the world. So the way they showed Rishabh walking up to Madhu from behind the mask was like Rishabh coming out and speaking to her. 

For some reason, the scene looked really familiar to me. Like I've seen it in a cartoon I used to watch when I was younger. I can't remember which one, but I can recall certain bits of how one character tried to deal with the other character's inner conflict and it had a similar setup. 

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

shanmanjuUDEYRed_OpiumJasperJazzblacklamboriver123Angeenazoya_naziya0-SD-0Ananya05sree.gattuennishetFortitudeleelaa9

ennishet IF-Sizzlerz
ennishet
ennishet

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 10:53pm | IP Logged
@SD Who can forget the 'Suku Suku' pagalpan from Shammi Kapoor? And the color palette has been used nicely.

Thought about your question and added this to my previous post:

Umm ... are they trying to show the mask unraveling? He's shedding the layers and trying to show what he feels. The use of excessive red on the sets - red is for love and passion.

Edited by ennishet - 09 April 2013 at 10:53pm

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

UDEYRed_Opiumriver123AngeenaAnanya05zoya_naziya0-SD-0supercool3_charu_leelaa9

hansa22 IF-Dazzler
hansa22
hansa22

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 11:01pm | IP Logged
WOW...so many interpretations of the mask in 10 mins!! That's why I love this show (here I go again!!??), and that's why I adore all you girls hereClap

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

shanmanjuRed_Opiumriver123AngeenaAnanya050-SD-0zoya_naziyasupercool3_charu_ennishetleelaa9

Red_Opium Senior Member
Red_Opium
Red_Opium

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 11:02pm | IP Logged
Soundarya, Zoya, and Supercool3, I enjoyed reading your interpretations of the mask. Great posts.
@Shri, thank God that Dipali or Sultan didn't jump from behind the mask during Rishbala discussion. The picnic basket was entertaining enough for one day. Today I couldn't have handled an item number by Dips nor Sultan. 

Edited by Red_Opium - 09 April 2013 at 11:03pm

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

shanmanjuriver123Angeenasoni280-SD-0zoya_naziyaAnanya05supercool3_charu_ennishetleelaa9

0-SD-0 IF-Rockerz
0-SD-0
0-SD-0

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 11:05pm | IP Logged
Re RED MASK

Thank you Zoya, Supercool.

Makes sense. Perfectly.Smile

You know what was the close association I had with that red mask...the RK with mask on his eyes in Madhu's dream. The eyes looks the same. But I could not figure out the symbolism.  Shame on me. Sigh!!!  So good piece of decor which also acts as symbolic of RK unravelling.

Ennishet,

Excessive usage of red...was not to my taste...but yes it spoke to me about passion, love, energy, fire, anger, belligerance...the color was anything but peace, quiet.

Zoe,
That song...Mithun, Bindiya Goswami and that boy...Wow..."Sultan tum Madhu se pyaar Karte Ho"  Face Palm.
Must say what a find.

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

shanmanjuUDEYRed_Opiumapolloartemissweetdearriver123AngeenaAnanya05zoya_naziyasupercool3_charu_ennishetleelaa9

Red_Opium Senior Member
Red_Opium
Red_Opium

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 11:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SD

Zoe,
That song...Mithun, Bindiya Goswami and that boy...Wow..."Sultan tum Madhu se pyaar Karte Ho"  Face Palm.
Must say what a find.

I'm glad you like it, indeed it was a perfect match for current Sultan's situation LOL

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Angeena0-SD-0Ananya05_charu_leelaa9

dramacrazy12 Goldie
dramacrazy12
dramacrazy12

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 11:52pm | IP Logged
I am seeing very strong bashing going on MF. Here is my two cents on two issues being raised-

Emotional Abuse:- I am not sure when RK truly abused Madhu Physically or emotionally. Yes he was rough in handling her physically but Madhu never seemed to mind instead seemed to revel in what she thought was proof of his passion. As for emotional abuse- RK did not humiliate her when she was married to him...he did do it in initial days but Madhu gave back as good as she got and then he cherished her to the point that she felt like she was at the top of the world only to break her heart in climax of his plan. I call it breaking heart not emotional abuse something akin to finding out your spouse is having an affair and wants to walk out of your marraige rather than day in day out blackmail and humiliation. After unwedding Madhu was once again as much a party to inviting his lashing out  as he himself. From Rk's end all was said and done...But Madhu stayed in front on him forcing him to face his unresolved feelings and hence lashing out. Again no emotional abuse. When he forces her to return home today ...the negative impact of his force is reduced by the fact that Madhu is clueless and she has done something truly dangerous by associating with Sultan (in the big scheme of things Madhu needs to be controlled and RK is the only one who succeeds in doing that) and the fact Madhu is still stuck on RK and somewhere in her heart still wants him back.

Sexual Overtones:- This was really amazing to me...I have always believed when emotion take over, they manifest as physical gestures. ?Hence the term "Bhawnaoon Mein Beh Jana". The fact remains that the bond and love between Rishbala is amazingly strong despite both thier denials for the same. Whenever they come close...thier emotions take over and it oozes out in physical gestures with sexual overtones. When RK went for Holi dance...he was saying ...look you are allowing me to do this to you...you are not screaming bloody murder...you are yearning for this closeness even if you deny and you want it from me and me alone...how can you claim to move on ? Do you allow someone else to do this for you? ...Do you believe someone else can do this for you? Both of them seemed to be one and at peace when RK lifts her. Same thing happenned in last episode Madhu's emotions took over and she leans towards RK for a kiss. I am assuming the whole reason for hue and cry is "unwedding" but the fact remains unwedding or not...Both of them see each other as thier spouse subconciously. In RK's words " Phere char ho ya chaalis...koi pharak nahi padta...Pharak is baat se padta hai ki main Madhu ko dil se biwi maanta hoon ki nahi aur main use biwi maanta hoon". Well ...Madhu.. RK ko apna pati maanti hai ...so everything else is a moot point.

The following 18 member(s) liked the above post:

shanmanjuUDEYapolloartemisminu_8soni28Shazziehansa22blacklamboriver123Angeenacardio210-SD-0Ananya05ennishet_charu_Fortitudeleelaa9AreYaar

Go to top