Episode 241 Discussion: 9th April 2013 - Page 13

Posted: 11 years ago
WOW...so many interpretations of the mask in 10 mins!! That's why I love this show (here I go again!!??), and that's why I adore all you girls hereπŸ‘
Soundarya, Zoya, and Supercool3, I enjoyed reading your interpretations of the mask. Great posts.
@Shri, thank God that Dipali or Sultan didn't jump from behind the mask during Rishbala discussion. The picnic basket was entertaining enough for one day. Today I couldn't have handled an item number by Dips nor Sultan. 
Edited by Red_Opium - 11 years ago
Re RED MASK

Thank you Zoya, Supercool.

Makes sense. Perfectly.😊

You know what was the close association I had with that red mask...the RK with mask on his eyes in Madhu's dream. The eyes looks the same. But I could not figure out the symbolism.  Shame on me. Sigh!!!  So good piece of decor which also acts as symbolic of RK unravelling.

Ennishet,

Excessive usage of red...was not to my taste...but yes it spoke to me about passion, love, energy, fire, anger, belligerance...the color was anything but peace, quiet.

Zoe,
That song...Mithun, Bindiya Goswami and that boy...Wow..."Sultan tum Madhu se pyaar Karte Ho"  Face Palm.
Must say what a find.

[quote=SD] Zoe,
That song...Mithun, Bindiya Goswami and that boy...Wow..."Sultan tum Madhu se pyaar Karte Ho"  Face Palm.
Must say what a find. [/quote]

I'm glad you like it, indeed it was a perfect match for current Sultan's situation πŸ˜†

I am seeing very strong bashing going on MF. Here is my two cents on two issues being raised-

Emotional Abuse:- I am not sure when RK truly abused Madhu Physically or emotionally. Yes he was rough in handling her physically but Madhu never seemed to mind instead seemed to revel in what she thought was proof of his passion. As for emotional abuse- RK did not humiliate her when she was married to him...he did do it in initial days but Madhu gave back as good as she got and then he cherished her to the point that she felt like she was at the top of the world only to break her heart in climax of his plan. I call it breaking heart not emotional abuse something akin to finding out your spouse is having an affair and wants to walk out of your marraige rather than day in day out blackmail and humiliation. After unwedding Madhu was once again as much a party to inviting his lashing out  as he himself. From Rk's end all was said and done...But Madhu stayed in front on him forcing him to face his unresolved feelings and hence lashing out. Again no emotional abuse. When he forces her to return home today ...the negative impact of his force is reduced by the fact that Madhu is clueless and she has done something truly dangerous by associating with Sultan (in the big scheme of things Madhu needs to be controlled and RK is the only one who succeeds in doing that) and the fact Madhu is still stuck on RK and somewhere in her heart still wants him back.

Sexual Overtones:- This was really amazing to me...I have always believed when emotion take over, they manifest as physical gestures. ?Hence the term "Bhawnaoon Mein Beh Jana". The fact remains that the bond and love between Rishbala is amazingly strong despite both thier denials for the same. Whenever they come close...thier emotions take over and it oozes out in physical gestures with sexual overtones. When RK went for Holi dance...he was saying ...look you are allowing me to do this to you...you are not screaming bloody murder...you are yearning for this closeness even if you deny and you want it from me and me alone...how can you claim to move on ? Do you allow someone else to do this for you? ...Do you believe someone else can do this for you? Both of them seemed to be one and at peace when RK lifts her. Same thing happenned in last episode Madhu's emotions took over and she leans towards RK for a kiss. I am assuming the whole reason for hue and cry is "unwedding" but the fact remains unwedding or not...Both of them see each other as thier spouse subconciously. In RK's words " Phere char ho ya chaalis...koi pharak nahi padta...Pharak is baat se padta hai ki main Madhu ko dil se biwi maanta hoon ki nahi aur main use biwi maanta hoon". Well ...Madhu.. RK ko apna pati maanti hai ...so everything else is a moot point.
Very good post about Emotional Abuse etc
Originally posted by AreYaar

LOL the morality debates only serve to amuse me now...I do wonder if I'm watching the same show...every single day ppl make such SWEEPING judgements based on any single scene shown on a character.

Today RK is "abusive"...tomorrow if he does ONE good deed...specifically towards Madhu, he will become an angel...that is the scale of judgement that this forum possesses.

And that is why I think the writers must be laughing at all this somewhere...they know how to play the audience so easily...all these ppl raising a hue and cry today will be pacified in an INSTANT the day RK mellows a bit...

before talking of morality, why not step back and analyze Madhu's actions ? WHO came to RK's set after the unwedding? WHO challenged RK ?  WHO said to her mother that she cannot back off bec. she has not learnt to ? WHO was confident of being a jockey of this RACE ?  WHO was confident of breaking RK? and after breaking him, making him go on his knees, does Madhu think that she will show attitude with a "NO WAY, are you kidding me? you and me together?" and RK will leave her unharmed? πŸ˜² It was Madhu who acc. to many didn't have anything to lose this time,  wanted to move on, hence she took up this job of flaunting her "i'm unaffected by your prem game" trick and invite RK for another round of craziness with her ! What exactly did she think ? a man who can go to THIS length for revenge , what all can he do when he's in love? pagalpan of a different level and that's what he's doing ! don't tell me Madhu didn't REALIZE that RK is getting obsessed for her ! She saw it happening that day when he was waiting for her the whole night , waking up half of the Mumbai looking for her ! 

and now, doesn't she realize she's doing the same with Sultan also? it's like your chemistry teacher has warned you again and again not to mix H2SO4 with water, still  you're experimenting with it saying "main pagal thi, main ye pagalpan karti rahoongi" ! cool ! 😎 how can she NOT warrant THIs reaction from RK?  Is she a victim?πŸ˜• how, when , where, why? aa bail mujhe maar was made for Madhubala...jab bail aa gaya toh hai main bechari ? they are a crazy couple, they are feeding each others egos by these stupid challenges...the recent one being Madhu daring RK to accept that he's in chawl bec. he loves Madhu...then she's acting πŸ˜‘ when he said "apni biwi ko apni zindagi mein laa raha hoon" πŸ˜†

@AY , he need not know the details of Sultan but still, out of curiousity or Bittuji getting to know some info on this man will help RK a big deal...bec. Sultan is most wanted..
Edited by _charu_ - 11 years ago
Originally posted by thetelleroftale

Today's wooing is genuine...just that some of you don't trust him

yes, we don't trust him..also, like the first confession, even this one is abrupt...i don't trust the CV's also after the revenge track..but if they go this far with it, it's suicidal...but then we can only judge on what's being shown to us...RK, after his dream, has admitted that he'll die if someone takes Madhu away from him...He confessed to Madhu in a drunken state that he wants her back in his life...again, in a drunk state, he confessed to a stranger (Sultan) that he cud not destroy Madhu, instead, ended up destroying himself..Madhu admitted to us that she could not bring herself to hate RK, it's very difficult to put up a facade...should be a big enuf clue...also, every episode has a new story to tell...toh lets see which route the CV's take this time !
Edited by _charu_ - 11 years ago
Originally posted by _charu_

Agreed! Even the nite of 5th slap he was really affected when he heard Madhu sobbing.. And even Madhu went with Sultan when the golden hearted don kidnapped her, just to protect RK as she knew that RK would come to save her if she raised any hue n cry! She was worried that don mite hurt RK!
So there is a connection, if only Sultan could notice it.. One has to be blind to think its all over between them after the Holi dance but no Sultan refused to see it.. And I read somewhere that Sultan respects Madhu!! A man starts falling for a married woman and then it is claimed that he respects her.! Really!
Originally posted by dramacrazy12

I am seeing very strong bashing going on MF. Here is my two cents on two issues being raised-

Emotional Abuse:- I am not sure when RK truly abused Madhu Physically or emotionally. Yes he was rough in handling her physically but Madhu never seemed to mind instead seemed to revel in what she thought was proof of his passion. As for emotional abuse- RK did not humiliate her when she was married to him...he did do it in initial days but Madhu gave back as good as she got and then he cherished her to the point that she felt like she was at the top of the world only to break her heart in climax of his plan. I call it breaking heart not emotional abuse something akin to finding out your spouse is having an affair and wants to walk out of your marraige rather than day in day out blackmail and humiliation. After unwedding Madhu was once again as much a party to inviting his lashing out  as he himself. From Rk's end all was said and done...But Madhu stayed in front on him forcing him to face his unresolved feelings and hence lashing out. Again no emotional abuse. When he forces her to return home today ...the negative impact of his force is reduced by the fact that Madhu is clueless and she has done something truly dangerous by associating with Sultan (in the big scheme of things Madhu needs to be controlled and RK is the only one who succeeds in doing that) and the fact Madhu is still stuck on RK and somewhere in her heart still wants him back.

Sexual Overtones:- This was really amazing to me...I have always believed when emotion take over, they manifest as physical gestures. ?Hence the term "Bhawnaoon Mein Beh Jana". The fact remains that the bond and love between Rishbala is amazingly strong despite both thier denials for the same. Whenever they come close...thier emotions take over and it oozes out in physical gestures with sexual overtones. When RK went for Holi dance...he was saying ...look you are allowing me to do this to you...you are not screaming bloody murder...you are yearning for this closeness even if you deny and you want it from me and me alone...how can you claim to move on ? Do you allow someone else to do this for you? ...Do you believe someone else can do this for you? Both of them seemed to be one and at peace when RK lifts her. Same thing happenned in last episode Madhu's emotions took over and she leans towards RK for a kiss. I am assuming the whole reason for hue and cry is "unwedding" but the fact remains unwedding or not...Both of them see each other as thier spouse subconciously. In RK's words " Phere char ho ya chaalis...koi pharak nahi padta...Pharak is baat se padta hai ki main Madhu ko dil se biwi maanta hoon ki nahi aur main use biwi maanta hoon". Well ...Madhu.. RK ko apna pati maanti hai ...so everything else is a moot point.

I won't lie but I felt that RK was borderline emotionally abusive, nonetheless ur post did make sense to me. But I wish he could be little gentle. Just watching him pushing n pulling Madhu like this makes my shoulders hurt.πŸ˜†

And regarding his sexual overturesπŸ˜• (really), I totally agree with you. I wrote earlier in the same forum regarding how they are still husband n wife in their subconscious minds. Both of them are shown to be quite conservative; the way Madhu responds to his touches and the confidence with which he touches her says it all.
Have to admit u wrote the same thing beautifully! U are a gifted writer..!! 
Edited by cardio21 - 11 years ago