Episode 241 Discussion: 9th April 2013

Posted: 11 years ago
Episode 241 Discussion: 9th April 2013

Welcome to the Episode discussion thread which we call as Viewer's and Reader's Respite.  That's very apt, don't you think ? πŸ˜‰. And that proves our objective.

Objective behind the thread is 
  1. It helps in keeping the forum clean without much litter. People just need to fall in a habit.
  2. We can have it like breathers at first followed by analysis. 
  3. It also helps like-minded souls and pals bond and gel together to drop in their thoughts for themselves as breathers and for their friends as a peep into the episode and for others to post their reviews. 
  4. And those from different time-zones, who do not get to watch the episode at this time of telecast (Indian 8:30 PM), without any worry to trace or keep track of all their buddy's posts, they can come here, read with leisure and later post their analysis after watching it from their Time zones. 
  5. Do not litter the thread with chit-chat conversations. A little is permitted to have the friendly atmosphere, but when you feel like chatting more, it is desired you take your conversation with your buddies to alternate venues like chat clubs, pm mode etc.
  6. Quoting Policy: It is desired that people refrain from single, double, triple and multiple quoting of posts on a repetitive basis. They can pick out the parts that they like to quote as opposed to quoting the entire post. It is often seen that we have  to scroll through the pages when all they have done is quoting and more quoting with one line response to the actual post. IF has a rule that more than three times quoting is not allowed. But nowadays as people read IF posts over phone, it is preferred that people do not quote longer posts and just extract the portions of the post that they like to respond to and if they still find it relevant to their thought process then get the entire quoted text.

For those who cannot watch can have the Live/Written Updates.
Today's LU from : Armu4eva
  • There are various other threads all over the forum. Please check out those as well. This is just one choice out of so many.
  • Readers are encouraged to post links of other members posts which had been "delightful read" towards analysis of episodic event/s or character analysis. It becomes an easy navigation in the myriad of posts and pages and can easily be overlooked.
  • The link to present day ED thread is always provided in the previous one discussed.Those who participated in previous thread can go to my posts and check the previous thread to get access to new link. 

Cheers,
SD
Episode 241 Discussion - EOD Summary

RK desperately trying to establish Ishq Equation with Madhu, Sultan competing with RK by virtue of Aryan and RK crashes Sultan's Ishq Plan for Madhu.

Events of the Episode
  1. Sultan -Madhu- Aryan - Sugary sweet telephone talk continues between M & S, prodded by Matchmaker A, who asks S to ask how to wash off the Holi color. M overhears and suggests besan ka lep for washing off the color. Me thinks - Madhu saved Sultan by applying color on his face, then why is she saying "I am really sorry" Why ? - Romantic music was being played on the background during this conversation.
  2. Madhu-Padmini-Trishna - P & T & Sudhakar are getting ready to depart for Shirdi while M's departure gets cancelled thru Ravi's call from Studio about her night shift. M asks P to give her 100 Rs chadhava to Saibaba. T asks M to take food on time. 
  3. Aryan-Kaka-Sultan - A remembering Madhu's parenting through eating Bhindi and Chapati. A s A chirps on about M, S gets an idea that himself and A should go and have dinner with M. K has become another spokesman for audience on behalf of S. He says aloud "Sultan, Aryan ke liye ya apne liye jaa raha hai"
  4. Madhu-RK- M in Studio wondering why it is dark and no one is here. RK's Nautanki starts. Commences with shaayari. Read Zoya_naziya's post on Page 6. Her post has lyrics. Then he starts wooing M through reminding all the first time moments he had with M. Wooing is not that impressive and dialogues are plain. Contrast between Rishabh Kundra in real life and Superstar RK comes out. His wooing style is not charming like his Superstar aura. It is too brash and straight. RK & M dance over Bahon Ke Darmiyaan song. Again they have their clsoe moments and M breaks free from it by the end of the song.
  5. Sultan-Aryan - Together they come to Chawl, find M's house is locked, get to know through a neighbour that P & T have gone to Shirdi and M has gone to Studio-Sets for duty.
  6. Sultan-RK -  Upon Aryan's prodding, S places call to M's cell phone. RK picks up, recognizes S's voice. He tells Sultan not to call his Biwi, M anymore. Bids Sayonaara.S listening seriously and answers Aryan that M is never gonna come back.

Episode Reviews
Page 1 - Angeena, Charu, Ananya05
Page 2 - ennishet, AreYaar, pnars, river123
Page 3 - cardio21, ennishet, Soundarya22, 
Page 4 - Red_Opium
Page 5 - SD, anastasia21
Page 6 - mayamagic,  Soundarya22,  zoya_naziya
Page 7 - thetelleroftale, Hi2life, AreYaar
Page 9 - Red_Opium, JasperJazz
Page 10 - dramacrazy12, supercool3
Page 11 - apolloartemis
Page 13 - MarathiMulgi

RK's Ishqiya Expression - Is it genuine ? Can it be trusted ?
Page 3 -  AreYaar, armummy
Page 4 -  AreYaar
Page 5 - cardio21,  Red_Opium, AreYaar, SD
Page 6 - AreYaar
Page 7 - SD, AreYaar, Charu, Soundarya22
Page 8 - SD, ennishet, Charu
Page 9 - AreYaar
Page 10 - sangeet6690, charu
Page 11 - SD, thetelleroftale, AreYaar
Page 12 - apolloartemis
Page 13 - CHAKKU_DAAYAN, cardio21, MarathiMulgi

Sultan's Ishqiya Expression - How far it is fair to have longing for other's wife?
Page 2 - SD, AreYaar, river123
Page 3 - Angeena, AreYaar, ennishet
Page 4 - cardio21, Soundarya22,
Page 5 - river123
Page 6 - Charu
Page 7 - Red_Opium
Page 8 - JasperJazz
Page 10 - mona1986, cardio21
Page 11 - SD
Page 12 - apolloartemis, Ananya05, Angeena, armummy
Page 13 - CHAKKU_DAAYAN, cardio21, MarathiMulgi, SD

Madhu  - What she wants of RK and how she is shaping it.
Page 8 - cardio21
Page 10 - SD
Page 12 - apolloartemis, Ananya05, Angeena, cardio21

Show bloopers
Page 1 - Angeena, JasperJazz
Page 2 - anastasia21
Page 6 - Charu, Ananya, AreYaar
Page 9 - ennishet, Ananya05

MM's Fun Corner - Page 9 

Aryan's Match-Making for Sultan and Madhu

The Red Mask as symbol of RK UnRavelling 
Originally posted by 0-SD-0

SD: It can be used as Stage Decor...like rotating disc where from behind dancers will jump...if you watch old cabaret dances in movies or just dance sequences on stage in olden movies, they have that kind of doors/decors.

Symbolism - RK Unravelling 

Zoya_naziya: RK came from behind the mask... He had shed all his trappings/aura of The RK image and he portrayed his core personality...

supercool3The studio was setup to create this imagery of what type of place Rishabh Kundra resides in (when he's locked up inside RK). That mask is the RK mask that Rishabh puts on. To him, its just a simple mask that protects him from the world. So the way they showed Rishabh walking up to Madhu from behind the mask was like Rishabh coming out and speaking to her. 

SD: RK had that kind of mask when Madhu dreamt dancing with him even before she met him.

Pictures
Originally posted by AreYaar

Some captures of my fav. bits in the scene

Edited by 0-SD-0 - 11 years ago
Aryan! 

Madhu gives beauty tips to Sultan.  Sultan is still in la-la land, still reminiscing, listening to Aryan speaking about Madhu.. I had expected this jootha method of eating will become a thing to look on with fondness.  Kaka has begun to realize Sultan's feelings .. dull. 

RK makes a shayarana entry. And makes his first mistake.. reminding Madhu of past moments, without considering that past moments are tainted with his prem game, without thinking that Madhu had just as many moments to recall which are filled with insults, humiliations, tears. Then he calls her a gudiya. And then .. he strikes gold with baahon ke darmiyaan. I am going to consider that the memories which RK talks about are genuine ones, where he was not acting, the ones which actually touched his heart. I'm so happy that the karvachauth was the real deal. β€οΈ It was one of my favorite scenes .. Thank CVs it is real.

RK v/s Sultan through the phone. RK is claiming his territory.  Sultan would have given a couple of, maybe good, counter dialogues but he holds back for Aryan's sake, not wishing to frighten his son. He wouldn't have made such a consideration in the past. Nonetheless he backs off. Good for him. Unfortunately this is temporary for sure. Bad for us. Wonder what makes him reenter..

Just a question .. wasn't the shift to RK-Sultan's phone conversation a bit abrupt? I mean RK was trying to woo back Madhu in one scene and the next scene she is not there, instead RK is alone.  Was the conversation supposed to happen before Madhu arrived on the set?
Edited by Angeena - 11 years ago
Originally posted by Angeena

Aryan! 

Just a question .. wasn't the shift to RK-Sultan's phone conversation a bit abrupt? I mean RK was trying to woo back Madhu in one scene and the next scene she is not there, instead RK is alone.  Was the conversation supposed to happen before Madhu arrived on the set?

Hi Angeena... if the conversation happened before Madhu arrived on the set, then how did RK have access to her phone even when she was not present there. Loopholes, loopholes, loopholes...
Just imagining one scenario of "happy family" Aryan, Sultan and Madhu having dinner together and Madhu tasting Sultan and Aryan's food before feeding them , la la la la being played in the BG πŸ€’ was giving me creeps...toh thank you RK for saving us from the torture...

I think I should watch MB only on alternate days bec. that's when RK feels all lovey dovey for Madhu πŸ˜† one day he was hallucinating her , swinging b/w mujhe farak nai padta and padta hai , next day he was frustrated to know the tamasha on the set , next day he plays holi with her, next day he says he doesn't know why he'c concerned for her, next day he's angry with the thoughts of Madhu haunting him and here were are today ! pyar makes a dramatic re-entry and he decides to bring Madhu uske ghar...😳

there must be something due to which I cud not enjoy his so called confession and desperate measure to have Madhu back...now he remembers karvachauth but not their unwedding? is it too much asking for some consistency in the characters and continuity in the story? πŸ˜• 

If i watch it as an average viewer, waiting for Rishbala's union, well, the drama was well enacted, with all the shayari ..felt bad for Madhu though...waiting for tomorrow...thank you CV's for giving me my KC moment back again..of all the moments, he remembered that one toh that means woh saara ka saara drama nahi tha πŸ˜†

RK warning Sultan, RK style..Aryan, be strong baby...Madhu ke sapne na dekho, it's good for your health..uski life mein saare abnormal bande hi aate hai...Sultan is smart haan..got the hint..ab alvida ki izzat rakh lena OKAY πŸ˜‘
Edited by _charu_ - 11 years ago
Originally posted by JasperJazz

Hi Angeena... if the conversation happened before Madhu arrived on the set, then how did RK have access to her phone even when she was not present there. Loopholes, loopholes, loopholes...

Ohh! I overlooked that part.  Damn. I hate it when something like this happens.
Skipped almost all the gangster clan scenes.
πŸ₯±
Sultan is so so boring. Never in my recent TV viewership have I come across such a dull character. πŸ₯±
Zombie kaka's mind also seems to be dwelling in his Zombie la la land. He was so pleased to see that Sultan is rushing to see Madhu for himself, thereby giving a complete skip to the fact that the woman is already married to a mighty, crazy, superstar.πŸ€ͺ
RK-Madhu scene was good. The shayari totally cracked me up though.🀣
[BR
Was Sultan having one of those mental fits, when he came up with an idea to pack food and go have dinner with Madhu? Where did that come from suddenly?πŸ€ͺ Absolutely idiotoc, just the same it was when he goes and vandalizes RKs car.
And lastly, what kind of a moron would continue chasing a 'parayi aurat' as they say it, even after listening to a clear, resounding warning from her husband? Sultan will be disgraced beyond anything in my eyes, if he keeps on finding new ways to meet Madhu, when clearly he knows that her husband is absolutely against this nonsense. And I would not blame RK this time. Whatever may be the state of affairs between a husband and a wife, it does not warrant a third party to interference or that third party making advances towards either one of them, in full knowledge of the other spouse. A husband and a wife owe each other that much I guess, that even in the most turbulent times, they do respect such wishes of one another. I am sorry if that sounded absolutely idiotic. But, I have very grounded beliefs when it comes to marriages. Sultan poking his nose in between RK-Madhu affairs is very very distasteful to me.
Edited by Ananya05 - 11 years ago
Why would Sultan get the wierd idea that he should go and have dinner with Madhu.  πŸ€” πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”

Koi boojh sakhta hai is paheli ko β“
Was Madhu taking a loo break when Sultan rang her and RK received the call?

Sultan and Aryan, it's been max a day since you left the chawl. Why do you have to run back to Madhu? Is she your momma/wife or daughter? Kaka, at least you should behave, expected better sense from you ... lagta hai dhoop mein hi baal safeed kiye hai πŸ€”

Why was the kaka asking that question whether Sultan is going for Aryan or for himself? He should instead be reminding Sultan that Madhu is RK's wife and would it be wise to visit the chawl given the 'shootout'.

RK: Do you have to rake up the unpleasant memories? Can you just say that what all you did was wrong and you feel awfully bad for it and wish to make a fresh start with a clean state? I know your answer, NO. Not possible as CV's want to mess it up further and have Madhu stealthily leaving the house to meet Aryan in the future ( and Sultan).

No hopes of Sultan and Aryan leaving Madhu alone 😑  ... things are going to get messy.
My two cents:

LOL RK PAAGAL ho chuka hai...more than USUAL paagal I meanπŸ˜†πŸ˜†...

Two bits I particularly liked in the RK-Madhu scene...one would have to be his opening dialogue as he saunters in tashan seπŸ˜†πŸ˜†...second would have to be the dialogues during the dance...those were very telling in my opinion of RK's confused state of mind...which just knows that it CRAVES Madhu...and I liked how they transitioned...RK softened over the course of the dance till by the end it was indeed Madhu who had completely melted...lol hilarious how Madhu was leaning in for a kiss when he wasn't even really trying to kiss herπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Best toh was him bajaaoing Sultan ofcourse...lol...the way he was saying APSHABD really cracked me up.

And seriously the kid is getting on my LAST nerve now too...Bhindi rolls? W*F?!!  They are so FORCING in this whole angle...and Sultan bhi overnight itna sappy...btw what was up with him randomly all JI JI-ing Madhu? LOL yeh JI kahaan se aa gaya bhai?

LOL the ending is again a red herring...just like Sultan's so called "alvida" only translated to him showing up at Madhu's house the very next day, this "woh kabhi nahin aayegi" is also not going to materialize I bet.

Oh that reminds me I loved RK saying ki Alvida ki IZZAT karoπŸ˜†

I never found Aryan that annoying before today but seriously BAHUT ho gaya ab...they are OVERDOING his attempts to be "cute" now and it's NOT working...and Sultan toh I  just don't get...whatever happened to the ALVIDA, hain?  Only RK has the license to be a pendulum in this show cuz he's a certified paagal...yeh Sultan ko suddenly kya naye naye bhoot chadh jaate hain?

Precap just shows more of RK's confused state of mind IMO...He wants her back but he's going about it the wrong way...He's veering towards extremes in EXTREME desperation now.

Taking off from SD's post yesterday about RRR, this can't be straightforward I guess...

It would help though if the writers set up some basis...yesterday RK was fuming...today he was suddenly in a romantic mood...it's kinda hard to keep trackπŸ˜†
Edited by AreYaar - 11 years ago