Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: Rkalpana

I fail to understand why Jagya and Gauri turned negative? Did CVs think that to show Anandi's pain, Jagya and Gauri had to be negative?  And by redeeming Jagya now do they want to show that the 'other woman' in a man's life can be thrown away, a man can live with any woman for 5-7 years and then one day just leave her and still gets support of his family [the family here thinks that he was in bad company (just like in childhood, when he fell in bad company of a boy and started smoking/gambling) and now he has returned] and is free to marry another woman ? 

In several posts it is mentioned that trp were higher during the time Jagya was with Gauri. Is it because negativity sells or viewers actully like negative charecters? 

kalpana - i think the cV's wanted to show how child marriages influenced lives of individuals in diffrent ways. They showed how it affected Anandi -an optimist, Jagya - an opportunist and Gauri -a pessimist in different ways. I remember writing a similar post more than a yr ago with a different id🤔 
Anandi had been involved in this child marriage for the longest time(even more than J because he was away for his studies while she lived with his family). Despite being cheated, bruised and battered she took things positively and blamed no one but the evil custom. She remained thankful to the Singh's and left them more guilty. She fought her hard way and succeeded eventually which is a known story.

Jagya was pampered to the core. He was supported when he did wrong things right from his childhood. Anandi was his personal secretary right from the age of 10. DS and anandi took turns to pamper him which resulted in his ruin. With this kind of nature, he entered college and felt ashamed of childmarriage...then started his lies..and infactuation. Being a weak person he tried to hide things..and being an opportunist he never tried to stay away from gauri .. till the issue became bigger and bigger. I feel the child marriage did play a big role in affecting his personality.

Gauri's life was spoiled mainly by her PARENTS. They sold her off at childhood and despite being such criminals they had no shame to poison their child's mind against the Singh's, keeping themselves entirely on the victim's side. She wanted her marriage to cancelled when she was a child while she wanted the same marriage to be approved after turning into an educated adult which shows how crass her thinking has become. Gauri had worked her way to medical college, thanks to Bade papa and Bhairon Singh. But her pessimism made her marry J in a hurry and secretly,   despite knowing his history and despite knowing that he cheated her. This  is where i thought CV's should have made her character positive by rejecting Jagya. But what would happen if she rejected him? J would go back...Anandi being the ideal Bahu would accept him for the Singh's sake if not for J. Then their child marriage would be successful. Anand would move away from J only if he went to the extent of marrying someone and bearing a child with her. So that's the reason, they made G negative. 

Even now, G can redeem. They can bring her back...punish her as much as they punished J...make her redeem and get them married. But as some members said it might give a wrong moral that infidelity is alright. Still, i feel if a person truly changes and repents they can get back their lost life after some series of punishments. So i won't mind if J-G get back together this way...and i'am also ok if J marries someone like ganga. He would get a person who had a history too.
brick_red thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I agree that family should have a meaningful talk with Jagya and make him understand where exactly he went wrong. Marrying Gauri is only one problem, a bigger problem was the total insensitivity shown to the entire family, especially towards Anandi.

But, if we compare DS to Gauri's parents, I think, DS is far better. DS atleast acknowledge that Jagya did some mistakes. G's parents don't even realize there were any mistakes done by Gauri.
Rkalpana thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@samvi, thanks, you gave a very good explanation of optimist, pessimist and opportunist. And I know that the biggest culprits in this case were Gauri's parents. But while you said:

"This is where i thought CV's should have made her character positive by rejecting Jagya. But what would happen if she rejected him? J would go back...Anandi being the ideal Bahu would accept him for the Singh's sake if not for J. Then their child marriage would be successful. Anand would move away from J only if he went to the extent of marrying someone and bearing a child with her. So that's the reason, they made G negative."

I was thinking that if both J and G remained positive and were really in love, then the story to show their struggle to marry (without J hiding everything from everybody) would have been better. As the only culprit/villain here would have been the bal vivah and all three of them were victim of bal vivah. If both J and G remained positive and married, then Anandi's situation would have been different than at present. This would have tested Singh's charecter also - by making Jagya and Gauri negative, CVs made the choice for Singhs somewhat easy. Singhs loving Anandi as their daughter and taking responsibility of her remarriage because they were also responsible for bal vivah of Anandi and Jagya, would have made a better story line. 

Even now I want if Gauri returns, they should show a redeemed charecter and not a negative charecter playing havoc in life of another girl whom Jagya may marry.