Balika Vadhu

Jagya, Gauri and Sachcha Pyar

Rkalpana thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
I did not watch BV for a long time after leap, so I missed that part of story, but through flash backs and member's comments, I think DS was not tormenting grown up Anandi and Anandi's relationship with Jagya was also cordial and Anandi supported Jagya when he wanted to study medicine in Mumbai. I also don't know how Jagya met Gauri and fell in love with her, and whether the term sachcha pyar was mentioned in the serial or only in member's posts. But from the day CVs decided that Jagya has redeemed himself in just a matter of a few days, and now only Anandi is in his memories, I am thinking, what CVs actually want to show by such portrayal of Jagya.

For one Jagya Gauri love cannot be said to sachcha pyar because of the way both of them behaved. Real love is uplifting, it teaches selflessness and sacrifice (in the serial Shiv has sachcha pyar with Anandi and Anandi's sachcha pyar is Singh family). And also the way Jagya behaved cannot be said to be the result of bal vivah because even men who married as adult can cheat/have extra marital affair/marry secretly and accuse legal wife, just like Jagya did. How Gauri changed into scheming plotting or bad mouthing Anandi also cannot be due to bal vivah.

It would have been better if Jagya's love for Gauri was shown like real love, may be Jagya could inform his family/Anandi about his new found love, and himself wanted to take divorce so that he can marry Gauri. Then what Anandi, Jagya and Gauri (as well as their families) would have suffered could be understood as due to bal vivah- [since Jagya was married to Anandi when both were just children and it is possible that after becoming adult, he fell in love with another girl of his own choice]. But they turned both Jagya and Gauri as negative charecter. Even now the Gauri chapter is not closed properly and perhaps she will return someday.

I fail to understand why Jagya and Gauri turned negative? Did CVs think that to show Anandi's pain, Jagya and Gauri had to be negative?  And by redeeming Jagya now do they want to show that the 'other woman' in a man's life can be thrown away, a man can live with any woman for 5-7 years and then one day just leave her and still gets support of his family [the family here thinks that he was in bad company (just like in childhood, when he fell in bad company of a boy and started smoking/gambling) and now he has returned] and is free to marry another woman ? 

In several posts it is mentioned that trp were higher during the time Jagya was with Gauri. Is it because negativity sells or viewers actully like negative charecters? 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

faryal-malik thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I don't think cvs want to prove this by  breaking  Jagaya Gauri and not making them reunite that other woman can be thrown away actually other woman is not innocent   if we see after doing wrong to him she has very easily removed him out her life no care  no shame  go away simply  i don't care so such women definitely don't deserve chances after chances and Singhs didn't support Jagaya as soon as they know his and Gauri's relation  broke they only supported him and accepted him when they saw him truly changed and their son back in him and otherwise same DS and Bhairo left him sitting in their feet in hospital when he told them what happened between him and Gauri . Its Gauri's fault now who is not showing any shame or remorse on her misdeeds and showing off attitude and they are not  forgiving her She hurt them too much so  cannot get free forgiveness she has proved to them she don't care any hoots for their son

Cvs  just want to prove such relations which are being made breaking hearts of people and also blindly made not seeing the soul of your partner just attracted to outer glitters , relations based on revenges Relations based on lies with a spark of truth burn down to ashes thats why they broke them not reuniting them because after all  this is a show carrying social message 

and  i do think to prove the side effects of child marriage they need not to turn Jagaya bad that was unfair I never understood why they ruined a good character which was once loved by viewers so much and he was also a child marriage victim His child marriage at a tender age was also wrong There was no need to spoil Jagaya Gauri's character so much to show Anandi's sorrows but what to do these are indian serials where heroine is always world's most tortured soul same is here with BV and love  triangles  two females one male is  a popular formula to gain TRPS and it worked here as well Many shows do that especially colors shows must have lead triangle Two females one male 😆.Gauri's character was turned bad to create an antagonist for Anandi and indian public love mahaan atma heroine versus vamp another female fiascos These are popular TRP's tactics and BV also followed same 
Rkalpana thumbnail
Originally posted by: faryal-malik

I don't think cvs want to prove this by  breaking  Jagaya Gauri and not making them reunite that other woman can be thrown away actually other woman is not innocent   if we see after doing wrong to him she has very easily removed him out her life no care  no shame  go away simply  i don't care so such women definitely don't deserve chances after chances and Singhs didn't support Jagaya as soon as they know his and Gauri's relation  broke they only supported him and accepted him when they saw him truly changed and their son back in him and otherwise same DS and Bhairo left him sitting in their feet in hospital when he told them what happened between him and Gauri . Its Gauri's fault now who is not showing any shame or remorse on her misdeeds and showing off attitude and they are not  forgiving her She hurt them too much so  cannot get free forgiveness she has proved to them she don't care any hoots for their son

Cvs  just want to prove such relations which are being made breaking hearts of people and also blindly made not seeing the soul of your partner just attracted to outer glitters , relations based on revenges Relations based on lies with a spark of truth burn down to ashes thats why they broke them not reuniting them because after all  this is a show carrying social message 

and  i do think to prove the side effects of child marriage they need not to turn Jagaya bad that was unfair I never understood why they ruined a good character which was once loved by viewers so much and he was also a child marriage victim His child marriage at a tender age was also wrong There was no need to spoil Jagaya Gauri's character so much to show Anandi's sorrows but what to do these are indian serials where heroine is always world's most tortured soul same is here with BV and love  triangles  two females one male is  a popular formula to gain TRPS and it worked here as well Many shows do that especially colors shows must have lead triangle Two females one male 😆.Gauri's character was turned bad to create an antagonist for Anandi and indian public love mahaan atma heroine versus vamp another female fiascos These are popular TRP's tactics and BV also followed same 

@ bold above, thanks for clarification, but it would have been better if the circumustances were the villain, because it is very difficult to believe that a person can change from white to gray to black and again white.
brick_red thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I feel, Jagya and Gauri are 2 faces of same coin.

Jagya-Gauri had 6-7 years of relationship. Then they parted ways. J's parents support J. G's parents support G. (Till now, they have not shown anything to think that G's parents don't support her). So who throw whom out is debatable. Gauri was the earning member and I guess their rented house was in her name.

I never felt J or G are out and out negaitve characters. Even though they took many wrong steps at wrong times, they both had some goodness left in them. They were never 100% dark characters.

Jagya is very predictable with  his unpredictable and impulsive acts. Gauri was awlays shown as determined and clear about what she wants. She was more interested in the end result, did not bother about the approach to reach there. Even Jagya was also like that, but with an oscillating mind.
Rkalpana thumbnail
Originally posted by: brick_red

I feel, Jagya and Gauri are 2 faces of same coin.

Jagya-Gauri had 6-7 years of relationship. Then they parted ways. J's parents support J. G's parents support G. (Till now, they have not shown anything to think that G's parents don't support her). So who throw whom out is debatable. Gauri was the earning member and I guess their rented house was in her name.

I never felt J or G are out and out negaitve characters. Even though they took many wrong steps at wrong times, they both had some goodness left in them. They were never 100% dark characters.

Jagya is very predictable with  his unpredictable and impulsive acts. Gauri was awlays shown as determined and clear about what she wants. She was more interested in the end result, did not bother about the approach to reach there. Even Jagya was also like that, but with an oscillating mind.

G was negative when she challenged Sumitra and blamed Anandi. J was completely negative in amnesia track and revenge track. Even when he blamed Anandi for miscarriage, he was negative, how can Anandi be responsible when she was not even present there?

The story of Jagya Gauri illegal marriage/live-in is over, but I posted this because even now CVs appear to be going in the same direction (one positive and another negative person in triangle with Jagya). Though it is still not clear but the way story is moving, now Ganga will be in place of Anandi and may be Sanchi in place of negative protagonist. And they have left the prospect of return of Gauri open. I just want they show some reasonable story and believable charecters. They change the charecters from negative to positive in a matter of a few episodes, and everybody forgets what he/she did before. Even court cases are forgotten when the guilty gets bail.
brick_red thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@Rkalpana, I think Sanchi is there in the show to add some spice. She doesn't look like  a serious character to become part of a love triangle. She might show infatuation for Jagya and might create some trouble for Anandi/Ganga/Jagya. But somehow I feel, she is introduced as a a support character for Anandi, my guess, is Sanchi will introduce Anandi to urban issues. Sanchi can open doors to many new possibilities in the show. Sometimes Sanchi is acting like a mouthpiece of the CVs.

CVs always had Jagya-Gauri future in mind. Remember, during their face-off, their common friends did not witness the drama. So, even now, there is a possibility that Gauri-Jagya can patch up and also save their face in Mumabi.

Gauri wanted Anandi out of Jagya's life. So she stooped low and bad mouthed Anandi. Same way, when Jagya wanted Anandi back, he enacted memory loss. They both, mainly think only about what they want, they don't think about whether their approach is right. I think, Gauri might return to the show in future. CVs can have many episodes for Gauri's reurn. Jagya-Gauri may not reconcile, but Gauri's reutn will give many dramatic scenes.

Anyway, I agree with you that CVs can turn a character from black to white or white to black over night.
Anurulz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
frankly when gauri was introduced, she was a delight to watch..at tht time, all the qualities i had personally wanted to see in anandi were there in her..and Jagya was already being mutilated character-wise..i wud blame jagya as much if not more in the whole anandi-jagya-gauri fiasco..
later, as always in every show, gauri was turned into a vamp overnight and the perfect antagonist to the perfect anandi..and jagya was the lesser evil..because sumwhere it was a given tht gauri was to be shunted off and jagya was to be brought back either for anandi or to become the parallel lead wid a story of his own..conveniently, ALL the blame was dumped onto gauri..except bhairon, who realised tht jagya was not a toddler, everyone else in the Singh family thinks tht Gauri turned him into a hypnotized zombie..i dnt deny tht he had to work towards getting acceptance, but WHAT IF he had decided to settle down wid gauri??then it wud have been GAURI's fault, NOT his...am sure of tht..
aparnauma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: brick_red

Gauri wanted Anandi out of Jagya's life. So she stooped low and bad mouthed Anandi. Same way, when Jagya wanted Anandi back, he enacted memory loss. They both, mainly think only about what they want, they don't think about whether their approach is right. I think, Gauri might return to the show in future. CVs can have many episodes for Gauri's reurn. Jagya-Gauri may not reconcile, but Gauri's reutn will give many dramatic scenes.

Anyway, I agree with you that CVs can turn a character from black to white or white to black over night.

@bold.I agree. Both of them stooped to unbelievable depths.Neither of them is better than the other when it came to their relationship.

Gauri's life would have been totally different if she met someone else instead of J.

But with J if it was not Gauri then it would have been someone else.His life would have turned out the same way and would have affected Anandi in the same way.He still owuld have been rejected by his parents and his relationship would not have been accepted.

Edited by aparnauma - 11 years ago
Anurulz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: aparnauma

@bold.I agree. Both of them stooped to unbelievable depths.Neither of them is better than the other when it came to their relationship.

Gauri's life would have been totally different if she met someone else instead of J.

But with J if it was not Gauri then it would have been someone else.His life would have turned out the same way and would have affected Anandi in the same way.He still owuld have been rejected by his parents and his relationship would not have been accepted.

i agree aparna,but blood is much thinker than water with the singhs..the girl wud have been STILL blamed 99% and jagya the poor innocent naive ladesar wud have garnered 1% of the responsibility..even if the girl had been a wonderful person, she wud have been painted to be the wicked witch from the west..
Rkalpana thumbnail
Originally posted by: anu rulz

i agree aparna,but blood is much thinker than water with the singhs..the girl wud have been STILL blamed 99% and jagya the poor innocent naive ladesar wud have garnered 1% of the responsibility..even if the girl had been a wonderful person, she wud have been painted to be the wicked witch from the west..

Agree, Singhs especially DS will always think the ladesar as naive, who did just some mistakes, and it does not matter to them that the 'mistakes' ruined the life of girls in question.