Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Iron Man cloud on Sunny film, Aashiqui2 preponed

Binge thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

Deol has postponed the release date of his next film, I Love NY from April 26 to May 17 to avoid a clash at the Box Office with the Hollywood flick

We've heard of release dates being re-scheduled to avoid clashing with other Hindi films. However, Sunny Deol has postponed the release of his next, I Love NY, from the slated April 26 to May 17 to avert a collision with Hollywood film Iron Man 3, which hits Indian theatres on the same day.

But in so doing, Deol's film is now set to clash with Yash Raj Films' Aurangzeb, scheduled for a May 17 release.

A source told Mirror: "I Love NY has been in the making for a long time. After getting delayed for various reasons, it was finally slated to release on April 26 as announced in the poster and promos. Changing the release date for a Hollywood film comes as a surprise. Then again, Sunny has an action-hero image while the movie is a love story. Postponing the release was the best option for him."

Perhaps, Tezz, which released on the same day as The Avengers on April 27 last year, didn't set a favourable precedent by tanking at the box office. As for I Love NY hitting theatres on the same day as Aurangzeb, it may be a face-off to watch out for, considering Sunny had a fallout with YRF after the release of Darr.

Interestingly, with I Love NY no longer releasing on April 26, Bhushan Kumar, who is the film's producer, has pushed ahead the release of his other film Aashiqui 2 from May 10 to April 26. Bhushan Kumar confirmed the development and added, "Aashiqui 2 will release for sure on April 26. Yes, Iron Man 3 is a big film but English films are never a clash. Moreover, there are ample theatre in our country."

Source: Mumbai Mirror

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Binge

A source told Mirror: "I Love NY has been in the making for a long time. After getting delayed for various reasons, it was finally slated to release on April 26 as announced in the poster and promos. Changing the release date for a Hollywood film comes as a surprise. Then again, Sunny has an action-hero image while the movie is a love story. Postponing the release was the best option for him."

Sunny doesnt have confidence to face a English film in India and yet he is releasing his film with OUATIMA and CE on Eid?
MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Yaahaaayyy.. Ashiqui 2 coming soon..
Novarieaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I want Aashiqui 2 to do a fairly good business for ARK's sake! πŸ˜³
Originally posted by: Chamaila-Kutrea

You never mess with Tony Stark. πŸ˜ƒ

😎 Tathasthu 
TheJourney thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
the film is going to be a flop irrespective of its release date and other competition 
BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
I can't wait for Iron Man!! And this is merely by seeing the trailer 
Hello_kitta thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Don't angry sunny deol. He will pull out iron man's handpump

BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: New_nova

Don't angry sunny deol. He will pull out iron man's handpump

And this is the aftermath of that encounter πŸ˜†

MR.KooL thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Sunny paaji Tarikh pe tarikh change karlo but it has flop written all over it.