India-Forums

Balika Vadhu
Balika Vadhu

IF ranking (Page 6)

lavy Goldie
lavy
lavy

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 5:41am | IP Logged
uSuchi - To be fair to T I did watch her smile for 2 weeks. After that, I was put off by it because it seemed too plastic to me or maybe the stress is catching up on her. I don't know...I would not want to be in her position now. The girl is under some serious pressure and the stupid marketing either the channel or the production house whoever is doing it is not helping her either. The comments she is forced to make to the media is also turning off fans.

She is using a fake voice, fake coyness and it is not helping her. Like I said..I cant watch Smriti playing Gopi Vahu..however fantastic Smriti is.

Edited by lavy - 09 April 2013 at 5:43am

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

FieryYamianamika84jadra211SOFFI007Kalimerammishra1sbadamTenakavanthika333kaliopafastforwardLizBennetsweet_chillyDryaSneha...LoveSuchi-VerboseG

aparnauma IF-Stunnerz
aparnauma
aparnauma

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 5:54am | IP Logged
@ - Lavy she was not very convincing at all.It was diificult to connect with ehr because she herself di not connect with the character.

I don't think she was given time to prepare and do some background work before she started to shoot.

When ever the scenes are well conceived and written well she came up with a fairly decent performance.

It is not her fault that she was selected to play A.It is the job of the people who employed her to convince her that she is Anandi through her performance.

I remember saying the same things about P when she came after the leap.That she was too fake and trying to imitate Avika etc.But she improved  with time and took her 3-4 months to get into the character.

T is in much tougher situation than P had been when she started to play Anandi.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

sbadamlavyPicasso9Misseshasweet_chillySuchi-RainbowSun

lavy Goldie
lavy
lavy

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 6:04am | IP Logged
The reason it is called casting is that they have to cast someone who can suit the character physically as well as emotionally. In P's case she started off fresh. Avika's anandi and P's anandi need not be the same as Avika had grown up and the rope P got was long. All she had to do in her initial days was to look bubbly, chirpy, in love and she managed to do that. When the tougher scenes came along, she had become a pro and just excelled in them effortlessly.

Now..In T's case she is in this juncture where she should no longer smile all the time...but she has to make us believe she is the Anandi who has gone through hell and has come out tougher. Thats the reason they cast someone with lots of experience. Look at Sriti Jha..She was convincing from day 1. Using a fake voice is not acting. She cannot be coy..accept it and find other ways to potray shyness.

Not everyone is Kamal Hassan who can fit any role and Toral is certainly not it. I blame the casting department. Someone better would have helped them a lot in making the BV fans be more lenient.

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

FieryYamiTenakavanthika333the_Rijmmishra1jadra211SOFFI007MisseshafastforwardDryasweet_chillySneha...Loveaparnauma

Suchi- IF-Sizzlerz
Suchi-
Suchi-

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 6:05am | IP Logged
I understand lavy :)
thats your view and I respect that :) 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

lavy

Suchi- IF-Sizzlerz
Suchi-
Suchi-

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 6:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lavy

The reason it is called casting is that they have to cast someone who can suit the character physically as well as emotionally. In P's case she started off fresh. Avika's anandi and P's anandi need not be the same as Avika had grown up and the rope P got was long. All she had to do in her initial days was to look bubbly, chirpy, in love and she managed to do that. When the tougher scenes came along, she had become a pro and just excelled in them effortlessly.

Now..In T's case she is in this juncture where she should no longer smile all the time...but she has to make us believe she is the Anandi who has gone through hell and has come out tougher. Thats the reason they cast someone with lots of experience. Look at Sriti Jha..She was convincing from day 1. Using a fake voice is not acting. She cannot be coy..accept it and find other ways to potray shyness.

Not everyone is Kamal Hassan who can fit any role and Toral is certainly not it. I blame the casting department. Someone better would have helped them a lot in making the BV fans be more lenient.

I agree with everything except this cause I thought she was very convincing in her coy-nature in the confession scene. 

Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses so when 99 things about her are good and 1 thing is bad then I will give her time to improve on that one thing :) 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sbadamlavyaparnauma

lavy Goldie
lavy
lavy

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 6:14am | IP Logged
I did try to watch the scene with open mind and I found it otherwise. That said...I think 99 things are not Anandi type ( am not saying bad or good.) and maybe 1 thing shows she is Anandi..I cant wait around for her to learn the other 99.

I wish I were in casting. I would have cast Diyanka Tripati or Mansi Parekh. I would have loved to cat Toral in a fiery attorney role roughing up against criminals.

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

FieryYamithe_Rijjadra211SOFFI007mmishra1TenakfastforwardMisseshaDryaSneha...LoveSuchi-aparnauma

Suchi- IF-Sizzlerz
Suchi-
Suchi-

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 6:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lavy

I did try to watch the scene with open mind and I found it otherwise. That said...I think 99 things are not Anandi type ( am not saying bad or good.) and maybe 1 thing shows she is Anandi..I cant wait around for her to learn the other 99.

I wish I were in casting. I would have cast Diyanka Tripati or Mansi Parekh. I would have loved to cat Toral in a fiery attorney role roughing up against criminals.

Anandi is not a weak girl , who is always crying. 

She is evolving. She will not remain in that phase for ever. !!

Avika was fierce and always in a fighting mode so that is why Anandi (T) fits the bill perfectly. I was able to connect to her chirpy behavior ,smiles and helping nature...

the other 99 things include her fierceness, strength, helpful nature, caring, connection with Jagya (that was brilliantly done in the Friday's episode), Gelling with the shekars (thats her new family now), love ...in LOVE with Shiv (no more hesitation)

She is the all and improved Anandi no doubt. The Anandi we all want to see... confident and happy! 

Her coy-ness needed work. And I think she nailed it in the confessions episode.
Eventually she will perfect that too.

its been only a month. 

:) 

surabhi01 IF-Sizzlerz
surabhi01
surabhi01

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 6:20am | IP Logged
hope toral get more and more crticism and and by these criticsm hope her rank increases more and more

Go to top