Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Attention all FF readers and writers (Page 2)

Eccentrica IF-Sizzlerz
Eccentrica
Eccentrica

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 9:16pm | IP Logged
Thanks for making a post on this issue.

While I haven't had to go through any such ordeal of being hassled by the readers (not atleast to a great extent), a friend of mine recently was at the receiving end  of a reader's 'criticisms' (read full on bashing). She did turn the tables on her by giving her a piece of her mind but words that were already out were bound to have caused some effect.

We writers write stories based on our point of view and while most of them include the 'we are welcome to constructive criticism', certain readers take that  note a bit too far and think as though the writer has committed a crime by including any topic or character that doesn't suit them. Each and every reader cannot be made happy and it's high time that every reader understands that.

It takes lot of effort to write and even though I still stand by the 'constructive criticism' objective, I also think that readers should not think as though they own the author and have some consideration and respect for him/her.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Titaliya_AP-zozo-Mrs_Darcy_17Preet.Kc

payalpencil Senior Member
payalpencil
payalpencil

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 9:17pm | IP Logged
i have been writing recently but i have noot met with any such people or readers. actually i get pms with positive responses to say least... but if this is what is waiting for me in the future then... shudders!!

its only a few of them i gues? i mean the ones i have encountered are good and sweet!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-zozo-Preet.Kc

-zozo- IF-Rockerz
-zozo-
-zozo-

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 9:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by payalpencil

i have been writing recently but i have noot met with any such people or readers. actually i get pms with positive responses to say least... but if this is what is waiting for me in the future then... shudders!!

its only a few of them i gues? i mean the ones i have encountered are good and sweet!
of course... i never said all readers behave in such a manner :/

payalpencilTitaliya_APMrs_Darcy_17Preet.Kc

Mrs_Darcy_17 IF-Sizzlerz
Mrs_Darcy_17
Mrs_Darcy_17

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 9:59pm | IP Logged
100% agreed

i had myself faced a lot of bashing coz of a certain portion of my plot

i mean if the certain reader can't say anything positive then atleast don't discourage a person with ur harsh words, who had given u the right to do so??

there's a thing called being polite, ryt? can't we practice that? is it so difficult?

how to progress our story, thats perfectly our decision, coz we r the ones writing, putting our thoughts, n effort into it

if u don't like it, don't read it n produce ur own better story, we never stopped u

but who r u to bash us for writing the way we do?? okay, i agree criticism is necessary, n believe me wen i say, we accept it with open arms, BUT it shouldn't b hurtful, it shouldn't question the character of the writer

i'm saying this coz in my case some ppl actually said "are u a home-wretcher?? is that the reason u separated a lovely couple?? how dare u kill that character?? u bloddy murderer!!!"

dude, get a life!! its purely a fiction, its not like if i kill the character as per need of my story, i'm actually murdering him/ her, or am a home-wretcher

n believe me, it hurts wen we get bashed for no fault, we feel like "i quit this"

but then the good readers r the reason, we stay n write

n i must say, wen i went through that phase, my good readers supported me a lot!!! n that moral support was really needed coz on personal front too i was going through a bad phase

thanks to all my readers...

thanks for raising the issue zozo

with love,
Shree

payalpencil-zozo-Preet.Kc-PyaariBhootni-

Diaphanous Senior Member
Diaphanous
Diaphanous

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 10:23pm | IP Logged
Agreed. I personally haven't read anything like tht towards me, so I'm grateful. But if u don't like the story or characters, don't read it I'm sure the writer couldn't care less if they lost a rude reader. When writers write, they write mostly for themselves and then for the readers who actually ENJOY their work, not bash them for it.
It's their idea, let them develop it the way they saw the story. Let them portray the characters how they wan and how I makes sense. Let them play with the storyline how they want. If you don't like how a writer is taking the story, to write ur own stories. It's called an imagination. Just cause you don't use you're, let others use theirs.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

payalpencil-zozo-Mrs_Darcy_17Preet.KcEccentrica

ArshiNmaNervs Goldie
ArshiNmaNervs
ArshiNmaNervs

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 1:12am | IP Logged
i haven't experienced since such a response.may be its coz i'm a new writer.but i have a different opinion on this
there are two types of criticisms1)constructive and 2)destructive.bashers are those who provide the second type.so we should not bother them.and the first category helps us to improve our writing.so we must respect them.from the pms itself we can understand that who belongs to first and who belongs to second category.

Though i agree that writers have the freedom to write their story in their way and readers have the freedom to analyse it but after reading the post i felt sorry for the writers who became bashers bashing point.

also i would like to add one more thing to writers that is we are not living our life to please anyone.its our life .live it as we wish and enjoy each moment by fulfilling your happiness.don't even give a damn to those bashers

payalpencil-zozo-Mrs_Darcy_17Preet.Kc

payalpencil Senior Member
payalpencil
payalpencil

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 1:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SobtianluvLG

i haven't experienced since such a response.may be its coz i'm a new writer.but i have a different opinion on this
there are two types of criticisms1)constructive and 2)destructive.bashers are those who provide the second type.so we should not bother them.and the first category helps us to improve our writing.so we must respect them.from the pms itself we can understand that who belongs to first and who belongs to second category.

Though i agree that writers have the freedom to write their story in their way and readers have the freedom to analyse it but after reading the post i felt sorry for the writers who became bashers bashing point.

also i would like to add one more thing to writers that is we are not living our life to please anyone.its our life .live it as we wish and enjoy each moment by fulfilling your happiness.don't even give a damn to those bashers

so true completely agree!!!

i really pity those writers who face such people!!!

some of us are real lucky we get good readers who bear with it!!!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ArshiNmaNervs-zozo-Preet.Kc

-PyaariBhootni- IF-Addictz
-PyaariBhootni-
-PyaariBhootni-

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 2:48am | IP Logged
1st of all awesomee postClap
agree wit u...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-zozo-

Go to top