India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Attention all FF readers and writers

-zozo- IF-Rockerz
-zozo-
-zozo-

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 5:38pm | IP Logged
HELLO, everybody, you may or may not recognize me, i'm a writer, reader and a trouble maker LMAO LOL JK but if you've seen my previous post you'd know what i mean.

anyways on to a more serious note and the point of this post.
there has been several cases in which writers are being bashed for their works mainly through pm and this is just me putting the light on this issue.Big smile

has anyone here ever heard of the term "sacrificial lamb" , now you all may be thinking has this girl gone mad what do lambs have to do with bashing and writers. Embarrassed
well, "sacrificial lamb"is a metaphorical reference to a person or animal sacrificed, killed or discounted for in some way. 
in this case, the WRITER is being DISCOUNTED for their efforts and hard work as SOME READERS are arrogant and highly unappreciative.

another, point i'd like to make, are you able to go up to a stranger and tell them to change the way they dress just because you don't like it? Confused
NO!
WHY?!
well because:
1. you don't know them
2.  you don't know why they are dressed the way they are, most likely there's a reason behind it.
and
3. its down right RUDE.

SAME, goes in this case, how are people so readily able to pm writers telling them to change the way they portray their characters their works, to change the PLOT and also to just change the way they write.

if you don't like how they write don't read their work because your not obliged to do so and have the courtesy to delete them off your buddylist so they don't have to be pm-ing so you don't get bothered, its as simple as that.

i think i've made my point here.
that's all from me now :)
if you are wondering where this post came to be, me and a friend were talking and she mention a pm she got, so i decided to put this out on the table and give you guys my opinion on this because it is an issue going on for a while. 
some have left the site because of this.

don't hesitate to give your two senses on this.Smile

BTW if i sounded rude i didn't mean too, so sorry for that

~Zo XOXO HeartHug

Edited by -zozo- - 08 April 2013 at 7:41pm

The following 36 member(s) liked the above post:

maria1878arshi28Priya_0kashmala.123pri3loveArshi2gthr4evrDiaphanouspink.lotusWah_taj..ipkkndAsvatiBarmeenForeverno_usernamenazcaAnGeL-BeAuTyjessjazzdmg123-Indescribable-Dr.StrangeLaters_BabyHot.Pink.HeelsTake_ThatTitaliya_AP..Gunjan..EccentricaMrBiebersWifey.happy_cupcakeMystic_nights_Preet.KcMrs_Darcy_17--MISHTEE--Angel13ssyahoodrunkiiebabechavvi16-PyaariBhootni-

MrBiebersWifey. IF-Sizzlerz
MrBiebersWifey.
MrBiebersWifey.

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 5:47pm | IP Logged
Agreed.

If you don't like something, you really don't have the right to make a person feel awry about it again and again.

Though I write REALLY stupid stories, it sometimes hurts when you update, PM, do so much so that a reader doesn't feel discomfort and feels as if the characters are in front of them just like the show characters were, and you don't get much appreciation for it.

Like..you can easily comment "Ur story is boring"..oh hell-o, do you even with how much thinking and work that had been put up?

Its not like writers should not be criticized at all. But sometimes, where needed, you should actually try to appreciate someone's efforts when they have done it for themselves, the love for the show characters offcourse, and you. In any way.

Other than that, I would REALLY wanna thank all my readers..for being with me through thick and thin. You guys are the best :'D 

Take care,
Vani<3

Edited by Shimmer_Vani - 08 April 2013 at 6:42pm

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

BarmeenForever-zozo-Take_ThatTitaliya_APhappy_cupcakeMrs_Darcy_17ssyahoodrunkiiebabedumas

Preet.Kc IF-Sizzlerz
Preet.Kc
Preet.Kc

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 6:36pm | IP Logged
I'm 100% with youThumbs Up 

I don't understand why certain people should demand that the writer change the way how his characters are showed, or the story, or the way the writhing style of the writer

But don't  they do fist by finding a story that fits their expectations, and make all's life happy, plus doing this they do three things 

1) they don't hurt people who put the soul and the heart not to mention the time to write their updates - they said if you hurt someone some day the hurt that you give it will be back to you, God is seeing everything so don't hurt people who put so much effort and love in their stories.

2) They will don't lose time in sending pms and asking to the writer to change some things, which in my opinion should never happen, because the author should write what he/she wants and in the way he/she feels is right.

3) reading the story of another person, first they will make themselves happy and second the writer of the story they read.

This is what I think, an account is a demand, it is one thing to claim, requests may be evaluated but claims not.

p.s. sorry for my bad english in italian it sound better LOL

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

bhambariBarmeenForeverTitaliya_AP-zozo-Mrs_Darcy_17dumas

ssyahoo IF-Sizzlerz
ssyahoo
ssyahoo

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 6:38pm | IP Logged
Agreed.. While thankfully I haven't had to experience this yet in my FF I have heard of cases which is completely uncalled for.

If someone doesn't like the story theres no compulsion to read. Also the point of writing a story is to have some kind of conflict so readers have to keep that in mind as well..

On the other hand, I have come across some wonderful readers who always comment and truly make writing worthwhile!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

BarmeenForeverTitaliya_AP-zozo-Mrs_Darcy_17dumas

--MISHTEE-- IF-Sizzlerz
--MISHTEE--
--MISHTEE--

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 8:30pm | IP Logged
I agree with u
bcoz as a reader I know bcoz of such ppl
I have lost d opportunity to read d work of good writers
bcoz either dey have stopped writing or have left IF for good

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

BarmeenForever-zozo-Titaliya_APMrs_Darcy_17

Angel13 IF-Sizzlerz
Angel13
Angel13

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 8:48pm | IP Logged
Smileagree with you..bashers sould be ignored..can't discontinued our writing or give up our talent just because they don't like or bash us..I chose to ignore the bashers and hope others do as well
thanks for sharing..
great post by the way

BarmeenForeverTitaliya_AP-zozo-Mrs_Darcy_17dumas

Dr.Strange IF-Dazzler
Dr.Strange
Dr.Strange

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 8:53pm | IP Logged
FIRST THINGS FIRST...

ZOZIE UR THE CUTIE... ^_^

*PULLS ZOZIE'S CHEEKS SOOO WIDE AND LAUGHS AS SHE SHEESHES AND HUFFS AND PUFFS CAZ I AINT LETTING GO OFF HER CHEEKZYZ*

And well for the actual topic lemme RES caz right now i am too busy shrinking myself and getting ready to jump on those CHEEKZYZ which belong to a teeeny TINY girl...

bahahaahahahaahahahahhaa...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

bhambari-zozo---MISHTEE--

Titaliya_AP IF-Rockerz
Titaliya_AP
Titaliya_AP

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 9:12pm | IP Logged
RES

--edited--

"It is a wise thing to be polite; consequently, it is a stupid thing to be rude. To make enemies by unnecessary and willful incivility, is just as insane a proceeding as to set your house on fire. For politeness is like a counter--an avowedly false coin, with which it is foolish to be stingy." - Wisdom of Life and Counsels and Maxims.

Honestly I see no point or logic in bashing or such rudeness.

When it happens you usually led to a hurt writer, who will most definitely be left feeling hurt, but they may also make some major decisions such as ending that piece of work.

And when their readers are informed of the reason why then the so called basher receives tons of negative energy from those readers, who have grown a instant disliking towards the person who ended the fiction they enjoyed reading. And who wants negative energy?

Besides that... What do they earn from the bashing and rude comments they give to a writer?

Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Squat.

Except maybe content and negativity from those affected by their idiocy.

Then, why?!

To make yourself feel like a somebody? That you were able to bully someone? Make yourself feel more powerful or stronger or greater?

Nahh. You just end up with a bucket full of negative energy aimed towards you and your negative actions and disgusting mind.

So why bash? There are other ways to express what you feel in kinder ways!

Don't like someone's story? Then just don't read it. This is a website, there is no way someone can physically force you to read something you dislike or wish not to. If you are harassed by PMs then report the person, there is still no need to be rude.

Have a problem with their grammar/spelling/way of writing? Then be polite about it and maybe even try helping them rather than sending a crude PM that just insults them and yourself.

You think their story could be better? Leave suggestions in the comments, most writers appreciate those because it helps them write better and also appeal to the audience. But using that idea or concept is completely up to the writer.

Whatever the dilemma may be there is always a kinder, more civil, and more correct way to reach a resolve. There is absolutely no need to insult or degrade a writer by being rude and bashing their writing.

That also means that a writer should be approachable by their audience and treat them warmly when they are approached. Being a writer that works hard does not give us the right to be rude either.

Edited by Titaliya_AP - 08 April 2013 at 9:36pm

BarmeenForever-zozo-Mrs_Darcy_17Preet.Kcdumas

Go to top