India-Forums

Sanskaar - Dharohar Apnon Ki
Sanskaar - Dharohar Apnon Ki

Backwards

neelamra Senior Member
neelamra
neelamra

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 2:15pm | IP Logged
Confused Why is it that in Asia people are still backwards, or better still the makers of this drama are. Why are they showing that foreigners shouldn't marry anybody from Asia? Why is it that if your asian and live in England or America you don't know anything about your religion or culture? Why is it that at every point being a westerner you have to prove yourself ? Yet just if you are born in India Pakistan your automatically know everything about your religion culture. Even in these serial s westerners have to prove themselves. Just like in this serial.Yet Asian people come from asia live in these countries and fit in perfectly. The truth is westerners fit in perfectly in these countries, earn money pretty well wether they are in England or India but these serials have to show conflict. Mera bharat Pakistan and all that. Why not show this girl being accepted straight away. Look at this hindu girl. Just from another country. If she doesn't know anything then teach her. Or better still show the girl from India that she didn't know certain bajhans and all that and the girl from America shows her. I watched Welcome come dine with me, and again a girl from England got ridiculed because she didn't know the Indian presidents name. This has to stop. No matter where we are from we shouldn't be judged. These serials need to show equality in every way. As people learn a lot from them

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

beinglovedAsh_Storytellerfarabikoolsadhu1000KhatamKahani.FearlessSoul.

kritikakk Goldie
kritikakk
kritikakk

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 5:03pm | IP Logged
i agree with u, d concept of international ppl of indian orgin not knowing anything abt religion or tradition is absolutely nonsense.. some ppl who live out of india may be more religious and traditional then ppl from india.. and as for those who may not know as much well they can learn it is more easier for "westerners" to adapt and learn new things!

actually, i dont understand this Bharti n ansubaa char, they'r traditional yet hav no regard for institution marriage? what "sanskaar" teaches that??

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

pesi11koolsadhu1000KhatamKahani

Sonia Kapasi Groupbie
Sonia Kapasi
Sonia Kapasi

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 9:46pm | IP Logged
Nice post. My 8 year old daughter was told on her face during our trip to India by an old lady someway related to my husband that what does she know? Had she been in India she could have learnt the basic hymns and prayers and that she is sure that her mom (me) would not have taught her anything as she herself would not be knowing. But my mother in law gave it back to her by telling her all that my daughter already knows which even kids her age in India would not know. She also did mention that though i do not belong to their community and have been living out of India for many years, I am the one who has taught her daughters all that they know. I do not wish to bring the youth living in India down by saying this but I have seen and know that the kids grown up out of India are more rooted to their culture and do know a lot. They infact do not take such things for granted and very serious in learning about their culture. I had a lot of expectations from this show especially since the star cast is so good, but am very disappointed. Have stopped watching it since Jaimi's arrival in India and only read the updates on India-forums. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Ash_Storyteller

Ash_Storyteller Goldie

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 3:05am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
Ash_Storyteller Goldie

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 3:20am | IP Logged

neelamra Senior Member
neelamra
neelamra

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 8:41pm | IP Logged
I am glad that people agree with me. I thought I was the only one frustrated with alk this crap they say In serials. Glad there are others who object too.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Ash_Storyteller

Ash_Storyteller Goldie

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 4:00am | IP Logged

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index