-Anarkali. IF-Veteran Member
-Anarkali.
-Anarkali.

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 1:29pm | IP Logged

Badalte Rishton Ki Daastan

Weekly Episode Discussions

8th April 2013- 12th April 2013

Welcome Friends,
To Badalte Rishton Ki Daastan Weekly Episode Discussion. This will be from Monday to Friday,whenever you finish watching the episode, come here & do discuss about it. I encourage all members who are in this forum to share there daily views on this show & partake in discussions.
This idea was started by Medford who open the first week discussion, but since I didn't see one for last week, I think to open this week discussion thread.

REMEMBER
1.) All discussions should be related to Badalte Rishton Ki Daastan
2.) Please DO NOT bash any actors / characters / shows in this thread.
3.) Have a healthy discussion always.

Enjoy Discussion

XOMandie.

Edited by -Amanda- - 15 April 2013 at 11:53am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

radev24KhatamKahani

-Anarkali.
-Anarkali.

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 1:30pm | IP Logged
Watched the episode already??

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

radev24

radev24 IF-Stunnerz
radev24
radev24

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 4:43pm | IP Logged
Hi Amanda, Great idea! You may and many members already know re my thread on daily views. So will just copy/paste from there. Deal ?

===

The fireworks continue from last week even more intensely now that all screaming yelling has subsided coz of Meera fainting and becoming unconscious. The "good" group picks her up and securely puts her in bed, while Amma at the drop of a hat grabs the opportunity to accuse, scream, vomit ugly insinuating slurs, innuendos at "nautankibaaz" Meera, and not sparing even dead Ani and how he only liked "only naaz-nakhre-wali auratein heen". At the door, Nandini while silently and hurtfully watching / listening to the goings on and noone aware of her presence, suddenly everyone turns to her, realizing what Amma just said about Ani. Beeji cant bare this ugly woman's poisonous slurs and tries to stop her by reminding her of her cruel words and whether she's satisfied now. B to Am: Kuchh andaza hai ki Nandini ko kitna bura laga hai?"

Shyama bhabhi realizes that Meera has high fever and suddenly Meera wants to leave, gets up and slowly and weakly says that she wants to go away from here, while Beeji asks Agasthya to go get Dr. Rastogi. Of course at this point Meera is conscious enough to realize that her pregnancy will be revealed to one and all if the doctor checked her out, and so keeps repeating that she wants to go home. Beeji quiets her down and says ~~ we dont know what you need, but you are our responsibility and anyone who has taken shelter in our home, our sanskaras dont allow us to let you leave alone on the street. Nupur / Pallavi at their usual angry upset self, while kind-hearted bhabhi asks Meera about her mother's whereabouts. She insists on leaving again but says that her mother is in London. Beeji warns Shyama to make sure that Meera dont leave and takes it upon herself to not let Balraj know until tomorrow.

Amma still hasn't had her fill of skewed satisfaction and such woman can give birth to an honest kind wonderful son like Akhil is beyond me ! Big smileClapStar It's as if tulsi is born out of bhaang (happens to be an expression my elders used to utter ions ago in a similar circumstance, hehe!), and he openly questions mother why she's not with Nandini helping her. As if she didn't even listen to son's concern, continues to pour out venomous epithets for "yeh chhori Meera" and calls her "dogli" (hypocrite) and what a bad blood she has for having an affair with a married man. Even insinuates Ani for showing forth Balraj's bad blood coz of the way he would run away to the mountains like the way "bhawara phoolon ke paas gungunata hai"", obviously implying carrying on with Meera away from his own wife. This infuriates Akhil and puts some sense in his horrible mother that her own son belongs to the same blood. Tells her ~ "agar Ani ke khoon ko gaali de rahi hain to apne khoon ko bhi gaali de rahi hain aap" (BETA HO TO AISA !! StarThumbs Up)

Ok, we are not done yet with attacks. The next person on wretched's list of attacks is BEEJI who has NO RIGHT to be the Mukhiya of Asthana household as she ain't no Asthana blood, and that there's no difference btw her and Meera and their heritage or what caste/creed they belong to (well, now I know why, like other IF members, it seems like a mystery to me too about Beeji's lineage or something different or unclear about her in this mansion). The young daughter Deepika even speaks up at this time and naturally says that Beeji is indeed the Mukhiya (head of the house).

Akhil, while burning with anger inside, keeps his cool externally but stops mother again from any further nonsense outpourings, and reminds her that Beeji has been in this house EVEN BEFORE MOTHER WAS HERE. She raised chacha and his brother like her own. In true sense, Beeji only is the head of this pariwar.

Scene change. Nupur trying to console Nandini who keeps putting herself down by saying how mad she could be to let "uss aurat ko" in this house against everyone's wishes, and yet Meera kept betraying her, and tells Nupur~ "tumhare bhai ne mujhe dhokha diya, kyun dhokha diya, unko sachhai pata thi".

Time for COMIC RELIEF: Niranjan jeeja (sidebar ~ CVs couldn't have offered this character to a better actor (moi loved him since CB days !! Clap). Wife Pallavi angry at his usual chochalebaazi (Engrish?) and acquaints him of ALL THE ANHONI GOING ON IN THE HOUSE.

The lady doctor checking Meera's condition and says that it seems she has viral infection, but that final report will be available only tomorrow (remember precap where ONLY Agasthya gets to know of Meera's pregnancy???). But when Shyama informs her that she is leaving for Dharamshala tomorrow, the doctor sternly tells her that it is impossible for her to travel outside the city "in this condition".

Next, the impending brewing connection between Meera-Agasthya is getting established slowly but surely when she unbeknownst to her, holds his hand, symbolizing their upcoming togetherness. Meera opens her eyes, hazy, tells AG ~~ Maine jaan boojh kar kuch bhi nahi kiya. Main nahi chahti thi kisi ko sach pata chale. Main yahan kissi ko dukh pahuchaane nahi aayi thi. Aaj meri wajah se Nandini ko itni badi thes (shock) pahunchi. I'm sorry" (AG listening intently and as if believing every word of hers) ... she continues !! "Tum to jaante ho na main sach kah rahi hoon?"

AG to M ~~ "Tumhe yahan se chale jana chahiye tha, Meera. Maine pahle se hi tumhe kaha tha."

Ok, for the 1st time now both Pallu / Nupur speak up about their brother Ani and that he was not a kid to get caught in Meera's web of deceipt and "Ani bhaiyya itne toh masoom nahi the ki ye bhi nahi samajh paaye ki apne ghar aur biwi ko itna bada dhokha de rahe hain? Kaam toh ek bahana tha. Ani bhayya toh ... implying Ani's guilt and double life (Right on 21-year old sis ! Big smile). Here did anyone doubt that Amma will just listen to this and NOT SPEAK UP ?? NOPE! To her suddenly it is BECHARA ANI, true to her chameleon character. Girgit ki tarah rang badalna, and blames Meera's tona totka (black magic), and that "marad kaath ka ullu hota hain (brainless, wah amma wah Angry), while poor Beeji quietly listening to her shenanegans.

Long story short ~~ Nandini in her utter grief-stricken condition, starts visualizing Ani-Meera actually having a honeymoon (can we consider this symbolic, knowing she dont know that M is preggy?) and with full force and energy, crying, pulls the bedsheet from her own bed, angrily muttering how crazy she could be to allow M to sit on "that bed". It feels as if "hazaron saamp mujhe dass rahe hain. She cries her heart out and walks up the stairs. Beeji says ~ let her cry out; her own tears will wash off all the bad negative vibes she has stored up inside her.

Oh, one important and crucial truth that is worth a big mention is when Beeji gives a QUIET SLAP to Amma about sanskaras when amma's own FIL rescued from dange (perhaps '47 partition time) and it is because of him that Beeji knows the value of good sanskaras and that she wont throw a young girl out in the streets. So sad that amma's own husband Kailash's good qualities did not rub off on her

My 5C !!

We know that already into the 4th week, the serial has developed lot of twists and unexpected scenarios and turns. How the story is going to progress from here on in is anybody's guess. Even tomorrow it doesn't seem like BigB will find out about M's preggy and so ask Meera to stay, perhaps that will happen as cliffhanger on Fri. AG-M kahani may not start soon enough coz as they say ~~ "there's many a slip btw a cup and a sip" ...

And how Nandini is going to cope up with "the news" (if she does get to know) is yet another devastation waiting to happen, as if she hasn't already  had more than enough of her share of calamities and destructions. And we dont even know what and if her father is going to come into the chakravyuh entangled web before 6 months are over.

Tomorrow's precap at least indicates that Balraj does know from Beeji that "something is amiss" and that "Meera has done something", coz it seems only AG accidently gets to know of M's preggy situation.

Well this is it buds for now! 

KhatamKahani

-Anarkali.
-Anarkali.

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 4:49am | IP Logged
@radev24, you can dear..Deal..lolz
radev24 IF-Stunnerz
radev24
radev24

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 4:28pm | IP Logged
Tues April 9th POV (in synopsis format !)LOL

====

Hats off to CVs for the direction, script, editing, dialogues, dramatic impacts, camera angles, especially the ones way up there looking several yards down to take the shots "Hitchcock-style", wow! (since me a great Alfred Hitchcock fan!)

Sorry, me going to be very brief as Tuesdays are Hanuman Chalisa and Vedanta Study days, even tho got all 4 parts handwritten down in my "notebook". As they say only so many hours in a day !

Well, BigB made up Big time today for his 2-day absence coz me mentioned about his absence in Fri April 5th analysis, and interesting to note that it did not affect the episode impact one bit. So he isn't all that indispensable for the ultimate success of this awesomest new serial (after my fav CB1 !!)

And understandably so, AG is all perplexed and shocked listening to the doctor's "report" about Meera and the epi ending on that note. (not surprised that he had to lie to the doctor that Beeji was not around). I was only hoping that only HE will know of this "news", and especially NOT Nandini, but CVs it seems just couldn't wait and news ka pardafaash kar diya, when Nandini gets the 1st hand news from the doctor that ... "Meera ko ehtiyaat (caution) baratna hoga iss halat main" ... And although not shown in the precap, N ke neeche se zameen khisak jayegi hearing such a devastating news. AngryOuchDead

And AG-M getting united is going to be a huge big "conditional" factor since him and BigB are greedy and trying to find ways to usurp the property that is NOT theirs to usurp. Will BigB resort to saam, daam, dand, bhed ?? Yep, by all means, and will need his "trusted nephew's" help in any shape or form. But what remains to be seen is if AG really falls in love with M, will that change his character into a "good / decent" person or what???? (All sorts of dilemmas galore !! ConfusedConfused)

And who else stood out today in their giant life-like performances were Beeji and Akhil. The entire FB that Beeji is reminiscing re Nandini-Ani wedding took my breath away and very very heartwarming. So whatever mysteries surrounding Beeji's "relationship" with Asthana clan were not only removed today, but put her on a PEDESTAL. My regard and respect for her increased 100-fold today. What a depiction of her already-established kind-heartedness ... wow wow wow "MY" BEEJI !!!  ClapStarClapStarClapStarClapStarThumbs Up

And frankly I have not come across a "younger" character like Akhil's in any past serials. You want to bow down to this man, his integrity, his honesty, strict adherence to the truth. Is it any surprise that the wife Shyama is not only truly lucky to have such a husband, but is herself a wonderful positive human being, bhabhi, DIL, all rolled in one !!!  ClapStarClapStarClapStarClapStarThumbs Up

IMO acting-wise, every single character exceeded audience expectations, even Nupur who so far seemed bit contrived and artificial in that department until today.

The two MOST IMPORTANT characters of N & M were done in somewhat civil manner coz N sensed truth in M's voice and that they were BOTH deceived by Ani. Of course N's anger was jaayaz when she rhetorted back ~~ Ani iss duniya mein nahi rahe to apne aapko defend karne ke liye unpe ilzaam laga rahi ho??? Yet inspite of that, M had the magnanimity to say that "why should we be dushman if we cant be friends ?""" WOW WOW !! ClapClap Symbolism of all torn pics was the indication of how Nandini's zindagi was all torn apart too into 1000 pieces. And her dialogue that "I have come to return to you what belongs to you. But can you return what was mine ??? Then only I may be able to forgive you." Man, I am speechless !!

While Fri epi may show weekend cliffhanger about Meera ordered to stay in the house, tomorrow and day after epis are going to be even more treacherous for Nandini when finding out about Meera's pregnancy, and the resultant attempt to commit suicide... the precap where she's shown running on the streets of Delhi.

My 2c, this time! Wink

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

starsanjanaKhatamKahani

-Anarkali.
-Anarkali.

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 5:07pm | IP Logged
Haven't watch 9 April yet..,

But the 8 April episode was good...
Loved the Meera & Agastha scene, I mean she felt she can trust him & told him she didn't wanted anything like that to happen.
Nandini was too good, Aditi express herself as Nandini at her best.

I like Pallu & Nupur for saying Ani wasn't no child not to know what he was doing.

Bijji is caring..,OMG!!! So she have been in the family quite some time, so how I can tell why she claims to know all the family secret. Loved how she answered back Akhil mom's.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

starsanjanaradev24KhatamKahani

Gewels Senior Member
Gewels
Gewels

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 2:48pm | IP Logged
What has struck me most is the superlative acting of this cast! Even the smaller characters r spot on. As is usual 4 me i am struck by what r going 2b clear divisions in the family. Biji, Shyama r clearly very pro Meera. Of course Amma is spewing bile left and right. It is noteworthy that Akhil and Nupur went after Nandini when she ran out. Yesterdays episode showed Shyama being supremely insensitive in how she reacted to the evidence of Ani's infidelity. Additi masterclass acting in that scene and episode. S didn't seem 2 understand that just because Ani died doesn't mean his actions can b 4gotten. Akhil spellbound by Nandini yesterday. Evident he was struck by her emotions and words. Why did Shyama need a promise from Akhil that he would b faithful 2 her? That means 1 she is not fully confident in her husband's love 2 that Akhil could stray. Also why is Amma so very bitter? Is it just bcos of the business or is there another reason? So many ways things could develop.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

starsanjanaradev24KhatamKahani

radev24 IF-Stunnerz
radev24
radev24

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 4:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gewels

What has struck me most is the superlative acting of this cast! Even the smaller characters r spot on. As is usual 4 me i am struck by what r going 2b clear divisions in the family. Biji, Shyama r clearly very pro Meera. Of course Amma is spewing bile left and right. It is noteworthy that Akhil and Nupur went after Nandini when she ran out. Yesterdays episode showed Shyama being supremely insensitive in how she reacted to the evidence of Ani's infidelity. Additi masterclass acting in that scene and episode. S didn't seem 2 understand that just because Ani died doesn't mean his actions can b 4gotten. Akhil spellbound by Nandini yesterday. Evident he was struck by her emotions and words. Why did Shyama need a promise from Akhil that he would b faithful 2 her? That means 1 she is not fully confident in her husband's love 2 that Akhil could stray. Also why is Amma so very bitter? Is it just bcos of the business or is there another reason? So many ways things could develop.

Hands down Gewels ! It's so rare to see every single small/big actor to give out such an excellent performance all in one serial !! Like you I have been struck by all this too that today I had to rewind few times to get the names of CEO, producer/director/creative supervisor's names right !!! Clap So here goes ~~

1) Director: Rakesh Kumar,
2) Creative Supervision: Rashmi Jha,
3) CEO: Uday Mukherjee,
4) Producers: 1) Mitali Bhattacharya (MB) and 2) Ravi Ojha 
5) Concept, story: MB and Shipra Arora
6) Dialogues: Tanuja Chaturvedi
7) Creative Director: Madhura Sapsang, and
8) Exec producer: Anand Jain

Gentlemen and ladies: KUDOS!!!   KUDOS!!! KUDOS FROM THE BOTTOM OF "OUR" HEARTS !!! Thumbs UpClapStar

Sh and Ak convo seemed more like a filler than she actually being concerned about her own husband's fidelity IMHO, esp when he is shown being so distraught over the fact that how women in our society leave their families to take care of husband and his family unconditionally. And dutiful wife Shyama thankfully reminding him as to how much wives get in return by being completed as a mother. Wow!

And amma's bitterness simply stems from the fact that hubby's support is dead and like Beeji said the other day that she just wont change that even a kind husband like Keshav's goodness did not rub off on her. And yeah yeah, like Balraj she greedy opportunist and would go to any lengths to grab the property if only they had a son waaris ! Ouch

Edited by radev24 - 11 April 2013 at 10:23am

KhatamKahani

Go to top