Neha Maheshwri, TNN | Apr 9, 2013, 12.00 AM IST
inShare
More
A
A
READ MORE Gautam Gambhir|IPL Match|Diya Aur Baati Hum|Deepika Singh
Mumbai or Delhi; can't pick one: Deepika Singh
Deepika Singh
Cricket frenzy has taken over the country with television stars also smitten by the craze.Deepika Singh aka Sandhya of 'Diya Aur Baati Hum', who will present the Star Plus 'Nayi Soch Award' today, during the IPL Match between 'Mumbai Indians' and 'Delhi Daredevils' at the Wankhede Stadium, is no exception. 
She can't make up her mind about which team to support tonight. "I am originally from Delhi and till now, I have always supported the capital. But Mumbai has given me name and fame. So, this is one match I would like to sit back and enjoy, whatever the outcome. Hope I get to present two awards, one from each side," says Deepika, who gave away the award to Gautam Gambhir at the inaugural match. 
About the award, she says, "It is given to a cricketer who comes up with something different — be it a unique shot while batting, different field placements, innovative bowling or even fielding." The actress says her favourite cricketer is Sachin Tendulkar. "He plays so well even at 40. He inspires people to give their best to their profession and remain dedicated till the end," she says, recounting her childhood days when her family made it a point to drop everything and watch every big match.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Ramya- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
Tnx for sharing..

Sachin
-Liebe- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
awww...deepika going to present another award...wow...come to chennai yo...

thank u...

i like him yo...cute short boy...sachin...😎
oldaf thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for sharing.

Deepika, pick CSK.