How I ended up watching DABH and loved it

Posted: 11 years ago
I have put many views on SURYA relationship in this forum. DABH is a serial I am watching after 10 yrs. Last one I watched Kutumb Season 1 when I was in college. Personally I dont watch any serials and I even shout at my mother, aunties or anyone who care to listen to stop watching it. I couldnt relate to any of the female characters.it was so regressive and men were so dumb. Even had let out my frustration telling if there was an option to giving a PIL to end this nonsense I would like to do it. 

Then DABH happened. It was one of those days I was switching between channels. I generally dont hold a channel even for a sec if I see a serial running. But that day in front of Starplus my remote became dyfunctional. While I was trying to correct it, the scene in the screen was a guy keeping a laddle and a pen side by side and telling " Agar aap parivaar ke liye apna sapna chod sakthi he tho main bhi chod saktha hoon" . I was at first shocked by that symbolism. Husband asking wife to study. 
I wanted to know more about it. Got the name searched wikipedia as I read more from the forums I started liking it more. Watched some episodes online. It didnt take me long to fall in love with this unique couple and their unique love story. I really enjoy DABH because its lead pair gives me a very positive feeling. I would have loved it as a novel so that I could read it and complete it fast πŸ˜Š,😊
welcome shruthi..!πŸ˜ƒ

gud to know ur dabh love story...!
aakhir pyaar tho hona hi tha!!πŸ˜‰
Shruthi, I am I think a classic example of DABH addiction. I tried time and again to keep myself from watching it, kept away many a times only to return back with full force. No matter how much critical I may be in my disposition, as this is the first Hindi serial I watched, my attempts to give up the serial for good have always resulted in a failure. The magic of SurYa has encompassed me so much in its grip that all my resolutions for deaddiction have had to bite the dust. Now I have reached a stage where I have stopped trying. Given up making resolves I can't keep. Welcome to the DABH forum family.

I loved the track so much shruthi...that was one of the best phase in DABH

but let me tell you something...DABH addiction is quite bad for health (mind)...so better be careful πŸ˜›
shruthi your story is similar to mine 
when i used to watch gohem scenes after gia's replacement i came across the title song
omg it was so soothing that i watched the song more than 10 times then i went to watch the episodes 
i am proud to be a dabhian
yo sruthi...welcome to our dabh forum...quiet nice story...
Awww Shruthi, its really feels gr8 2 read such views about my fav show. The episode u've mentioned was aired in Nov '12 nd it was one of d best episodes nd Anas rocked in dat episode. But then u've also missed an yr in catching up with d show.
But I remember u made a thread on Sooraj right? I think u've caught up with d show nd d characters too. The story had started off in a promising way, but somehow it is loosing it's focus now. But still no matter how much I complain I can't stop myself 4rm going back nd watch it.
Btw it's incredible dat u haven't nt watched any serial in d last 10 yrs.
Even I have nt been able 2 follow any other serial 4 long.
I hope m addicted 2 DABH throughout my life.
hey thats the magic of DABH that spread on all of us. ...welcome to the forum

I also say sometimes I am going to stop watching it. But SURYA never allows me. I dont think any other show has held me so much.  My mom watches Saraswatichandra. But it only took 2-3 episodes to say good bye to it as it was dragging. Simply cant understand why I dont feel the same with DABH. Given my nature I should have quit watching it by now for so many sub tracks, but cant.

- Is it becoz it is a love story
- Is it because the current tracks are thriller and I am a fan of suspense thrillers
Havent really been able to answer. But one thing is sure , DABH will be etched in my mind even after the serial comes to a closure. Just like Udaan, Tehkikaat etc.. ( serials i watched when i was in school, it is a sad state that I dont remember any good serials in my grown up years)
Hi Shruti, Most of us on the forum share your story. Dabh is the only or one of the very few soaps we watch. It is super addictive and quite injurious to health. Actually it needs to come with a Surgeon General's warning!! I actually think twice before recommending it to  anyone for that reason😊
If you are in love by starting around that time, you would be definitely obsessed if you had started from the beginning. I started watching in early March of 2012, I was looking for a good show to watch and went purely by trp. The first episode I watched was of Bhabo accusing Sandhya of  stealing the necklace. I was about to dismiss it for a saas bahu saga but something about the couple would not let me. Started watching Suraj Sandhya scenes on youtube one night and could not  take my eyes off of them!  Went back and caught up on all episodes from the start. It was crazy. I do recommend that you watch the early episodes especially from the time they got married. Those are the best- classic dabh episodes.  But limit yourself to one a day if you can!😊
Edited by Deebz - 11 years ago