Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

   
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Why we prefer Firangi Vampires over Desi Daayans? (Page 3)

glace-bleue IF-Addictz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Joined: 04 March 2009
Posts: 51762

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 11:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ..Omniscient..

We prefer firangi everything. If someone tries Hollywood-like action flick i hear comnents like why should I watch desi action flick when I can watch a "better" Hollywood ones. Same with this stuff, why watch a desi vampire flick when I can watch a "better" Hollywood one. We don't want to give anything a try, can't we watch both?
i gave it a try...I tried watching that soap abt vampires because I am a vampire addict...but even my addiction was not enough for me to complete that serial by Ekta...does anyone remember the name??

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Bazingaa

MR.KooL IF-Addictz
MR.KooL
MR.KooL

Joined: 06 March 2011
Posts: 69577

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 11:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by pmgsk

Originally posted by Heart_Breaker

Originally posted by anastasia211092

The writer forgot to mention stone faced BellaLOLI like Vampire Diaries  Ian and Paul Wesley are awesome as Damon Salvatore and Stefan SalvatoreEmbarrassedbut I like Ian moreTongueI will be looking forward to seeing Konkona as Dayan as she is a very good actress.


haha i hate the toilet saga only bcoz of this bellaLOL... and in VD Damon and katherine are my favourites...but i will anyday prefer the desi girls as vampire and konkona as Dayan is surely gonna rock this one.
toilet saga LOL ... Movies suck , books are better in my opinion ! But the character Bella is so weak and boring , takes away a lot from the story unlike TVD where the characters are strong and well defined !

I am sure Konkana will be great in this flick , is this her first movie after pregnancy ?
i prefer to remember it by dat name...yup books were better though...

yup, i think its konkona's first bollywood movie after pregnancy...and i have high hopes from her...Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Breeeezy

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Joined: 18 January 2006
Posts: 23804

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 11:25am | IP Logged

I don't think there is a 'preference' per say.

 

I'm going to ignore Twilight as it is a rape of vampire fiction. It does not count.

 

I'd say the key is in the literature and mythos. The vampire even though stereotyped as a bloodsucking villainous being has a certain presence and allure in literature and myth. Even the original Dracula, though the villain was very sensual and mystical. The following vampire books and movies have always built on the richness of vampire characters – showing them as a range of good, evil and grey. This mythos has developed a vampire fandom. Sometimes you root for them even if they are evil.

 

[Btw vampires myths arose from a real life condition. Extreme anemia. Due to the low blood iron, skin is pale and bluish. This in turn causes eyes and skin to be very sensitive to sunlight. Extreme anemia patients sunburn very easily and avoid direct sunlight. Their body craves iron due to the deficiency leading these people to enjoy sources of iron blood rare meat a lot. It is believed that Vladislav Tepes the Impaler – Count of Dracula may have suffered this condition. The villainous myth arose from Vlad being a cruel sadist. Thankfully, modern people are educated and don't drive stakes in chests anymore]

 

Compared to that the dayaan has classically been a cheesy and hammed character. There is no literature or film mythos that makes witches or warlock be anything more than cuckoo black magic practitioners with evil agendas. Compare that to the west where the dayaan or witch has evolved from the times of Salem witch trials to characters like Sabrina the Teenage witch or The Haliwell sisters of Charmed. There is a rich mythos that portrays the dayaan  in many shades of good , evil and grey. Even witches have a fandom in the west. Compared to that the dayaan still holds negative connotation in India. So the problem is that our film and literature is not doing a good job of creating good dayaan characters. Even the raptors in Jurassic Park have more personality than Bollywood dayaans. Once we have better dayaans (good or evil), attitudes will change.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

drummedupcanuck-umzsunflower52poetic

Bazingaa IF-Sizzlerz
Bazingaa
Bazingaa

Joined: 05 May 2008
Posts: 11909

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 11:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

Originally posted by ..Omniscient..

We prefer firangi everything. If someone tries Hollywood-like action flick i hear comnents like why should I watch desi action flick when I can watch a "better" Hollywood ones. Same with this stuff, why watch a desi vampire flick when I can watch a "better" Hollywood one. <font size="2">We don't want to give anything a try, can't we watch both</font>?

</div>
<div>
i gave it a try...I tried watching that soap abt vampires because I am a vampire addict...but even my addiction was not enough for me to complete that serial by Ekta...does anyone remember the name??


Pyaar ki yeh kahani or something like that LOL constipated vampire and her lover, what a show, vampires ka joke bana diya
Desi dramas are Sleepy but I was talking about movies Embarrassed LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

glace-bleue

Breeeezy IF-Dazzler
Breeeezy
Breeeezy

Joined: 07 May 2012
Posts: 4501

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 11:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

Originally posted by Heart_Breaker

Originally posted by anastasia211092

The writer forgot to mention stone faced BellaLOLI like Vampire Diaries  Ian and Paul Wesley are awesome as Damon Salvatore and Stefan SalvatoreEmbarrassedbut I like Ian moreTongueI will be looking forward to seeing Konkona as Dayan as she is a very good actress.


haha i hate the toilet saga only bcoz of this bellaLOL... and in VD Damon and katherine are my favourites...but i will anyday prefer the desi girls as vampire and konkona as Dayan is surely gonna rock this one.
Then try watching that desi twilight serial that Kekta Maiyaa made...can't remember the name ...it had a desi vampire...I just watched some episodes just to see how she has murdered twilightDead
It was on star one then , pyar ki yeh ek kahani if I am not wrong LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

rini_katglace-bleueMR.KooL

MR.KooL IF-Addictz
MR.KooL
MR.KooL

Joined: 06 March 2011
Posts: 69577

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 11:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

Originally posted by Heart_Breaker

Originally posted by anastasia211092

The writer forgot to mention stone faced BellaLOLI like Vampire Diaries  Ian and Paul Wesley are awesome as Damon Salvatore and Stefan SalvatoreEmbarrassedbut I like Ian moreTongueI will be looking forward to seeing Konkona as Dayan as she is a very good actress.


haha i hate the toilet saga only bcoz of this bellaLOL... and in VD Damon and katherine are my favourites...but i will anyday prefer the desi girls as vampire and konkona as Dayan is surely gonna rock this one.
Then try watching that desi twilight serial that Kekta Maiyaa made...can't remember the name ...it had a desi vampire...I just watched some episodes just to see how she has murdered twilightDead
which one Pyaar ki ye ek kahani right...i used to watch it but left it ..itna tolerate nehi huwa mujhseLOL and i was talking abt movies not serialsLOL


Edited by Heart_Breaker - 08 April 2013 at 11:36am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

BreeeezyForeverSHINeeglace-bleue

friends_rock IF-Sizzlerz
friends_rock
friends_rock

Joined: 14 October 2006
Posts: 19346

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 11:27am | IP Logged
I agree with the article. Twilight and TVD both suck (with the exception of Ian.S)

Cant wait for ETD!
sunflower52 IF-Rockerz
sunflower52
sunflower52

Joined: 17 October 2006
Posts: 7406

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 11:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

I don't think there is a 'preference' per say.

 

I'm going to ignore Twilight as it is a rape of vampire fiction. It does not count.

 

I'd say the key is in the literature and mythos. The vampire even though stereotyped as a bloodsucking villainous being has a certain presence and allure in literature and myth. Even the original Dracula, though the villain was very sensual and mystical. The following vampire books and movies have always built on the richness of vampire characters ' showing them as a range of good, evil and grey. This mythos has developed a vampire fandom. Sometimes you root for them even if they are evil.

 

[Btw vampires myths arose from a real life condition. Extreme anemia. Due to the low blood iron, skin is pale and bluish. This in turn causes eyes and skin to be very sensitive to sunlight. Extreme anemia patients sunburn very easily and avoid direct sunlight. Their body craves iron due to the deficiency leading these people to enjoy sources of iron blood rare meat a lot. It is believed that Vladislav Tepes the Impaler ' Count of Dracula may have suffered this condition. The villainous myth arose from Vlad being a cruel sadist. Thankfully, modern people are educated and don't drive stakes in chests anymore]

 

Compared to that the dayaan has classically been a cheesy and hammed character. There is no literature or film mythos that makes witches or warlock be anything more than cuckoo black magic practitioners with evil agendas. Compare that to the west where the dayaan or witch has evolved from the times of Salem witch trials to characters like Sabrina the Teenage witch or The Haliwell sisters of Charmed. There is a rich mythos that portrays the dayaan  in many shades of good , evil and grey. Even witches have a fandom in the west. Compared to that the dayaan still holds negative connotation in India. So the problem is that our film and literature is not doing a good job of creating good dayaan characters. Even the raptors in Jurassic Park have more personality than Bollywood dayaans. Once we have better dayaans (good or evil), attitudes will change.


Bang on post.


Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Author Replies Views Last Post
What do u prefer salman khan in ?

2 3

Author: Jupiters_Cock   Replies: 20   Views: 935

Jupiters_Cock 20 935 24 March 2013 at 6:59pm by _Sano_
What is LACKING in FIRANGI girls?!!

2 3 4

Author: WhipCreamPantie   Replies: 24   Views: 2292

WhipCreamPantie 24 2292 21 November 2011 at 12:58pm by TereLiye_TaAnu
Satish Kaushik to make film on Vampires

Author: BlackStar.   Replies: 2   Views: 381

BlackStar. 2 381 17 July 2011 at 6:12pm by .shona.
Meet Hottest Firangi beauties in Bollywood

Author: Sano88   Replies: 0   Views: 2202

Sano88 0 2202 13 August 2009 at 12:48pm by Sano88

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index