Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon

India-Forums

RK-Systematically Victimizing Madhu While... (Page 8)

nikhilageet IF-Dazzler
nikhilageet
nikhilageet

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 11:46pm | IP Logged
@ TM nice post. I agree on most of your points. And you are right if we truly look around we will find many RK s around us. In fact I can honestly say that I know a couple myself. But speaking as a viewer its precisely because its fiction and fantasy why most of us love it. I love RK as a character but in real life would I want a man like that -NO is the answer. In real life I think most of us have enough common sense to realise that a bad seed remains a bad seed- they never change. But the desire to see such a man being converted to goodness, and reforming himself is something that most of us would love to see. And we are well aware that it will happen only in fiction. As human beings we see so much of unhappiness and misery around us, for some in their marriages or relationships that we would like to see something good happening even after strife - as in a show.
I am not sure if I am making my POV clear, but this is why I atleast watch this. I would have had no objection if the CV s had brought in a businessman or a dr and so on as a parallel lead for madhu. But a gangster is somehow not the right right choice. If we really want to see s a fiction show , we just want reality and give the right message wouldn t we want madhu to find a good guy. The question is raised that if Dawood ( cant remember other namesConfused) or some other mafia guy came upto us and treated us like queens would we go happily with them just because they are niceShocked. I guess when it is  a fiction show , its just something meant for temporary enjoyment.  And somehow as human beings we would all like to believe that people can change for the better Smile
The argument is endless and I dont mean to offend anyone. Liked your post and thought I would pen down my thoughts too Smile

Edited by nikhilageet - 09 April 2013 at 12:04am

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

purpleiris23nobodyatnotimeUDEYmytinypaintingsBhaadmejaa.SoulMates.Pantheraapplenpeaches_Darling_

lovely_lady IF-Rockerz
lovely_lady
lovely_lady

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 11:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Oh_No_Soaps

Originally posted by lovely_lady

THANK YOU!   I'm actually so appalled to see that so many members are rooting for Madhu and RK to get back together right away. It's disgusting. 

I'm a fan of RK, not gonna lie. I appreciate that he's a grey character and doesn't shy away from admitting that he's an asshole. But if the CV's show him getting back with Madhu without a redemption track, I'm going to be mightily angry. RK needs a redemption track in order to justify him getting back with Madhu. 

And on another note (I know this is unrelated lol but have to get this off my chest) I'm so pissed off with everyone glorifying RK and in the process bringing Sultan down. Both guys aren't perfect, but only pointing out the good things while highlighting the bad things in another person is not fair at all. Yes Sultan is a Don, but he's shown  to have somewhat of a moral code which I appreciate. He's rude and abusive but does respect Madhu enough to not man handle her. I loved it when he appeared to be interfering when RK was manhandling Madhu during holy but stopped out of respect. It was so wonderfully done. 

And RK, he's one of my favourite characters due to his grey nature, but he acts like a villain half the time! And all these young girls glorifying him for acting like a villian, with his psychological mind games, manhandling, etc, is ridiculous! He doesn't respect women that much at all, he used to even disrespect his mother who unconditionally loved him! People need to separate RK from Vivian. I really really hope the CV's have a redemption track in plan for him.

Im afraid I disagree with you. This is EXACTLY what is dangerous and should not be done. I think most of the young naive girls who are rooting for the RK/Madhu jodi or think that awww...RK is so sexy so hot, ohhh how much he loves Madhu just look at the way he looks at her, look how possesive he is etc etc, all ALL agree that he has treated her badly.

The SCARY thing I find is that you all think that  after a"redemption track" where he says sorry and feels remorse, and suffers a bit, its all ok for the CVs to write off Madhu and RK as ending happily.  THAT IS WRONG. THAT IS THE WRONG MESSAGE and grooming girls for emotional abuse and control. Men (and some women) who show even 50% of the characteristics shown by RK SHOW NO REDEMPTION. IF THEY DO its an ACT. THEY NEVER NEVER CHANGE!

I want CVs not to show that LIE. The lie that they change because it influences young and impressionable people.

Personally, I don't think of a redemption track as just one scene or two where he says sorry to Madhu and they live happily ever after. Heck no. I want RK to feel the same pain he inflicted on Madhu. I want him to grovel in her feet. And as rude as this sounds, I want him to suffer terribly before he can get back with her. 

And I have to disagree on the no remorse part. I think RK can possibly change. I think his relationship with his mother is proof of that. He changed from being a disrespectful twat to a somewhat respectable twat. His entire character is based off his asshole traits. Of course he isn't going to become the stereotypical "perfect husband." The entire show is based off a "dark love story." Those are rarely ever healthy. Like the show's title says, he's obsessed with her. And likewise, she can't help but be enticed by him. But at the end of the day, it's fiction. It'll all be over within a few years. 

And regarding the whole social message aspect. I definitely do agree with you in the fact that these soaps do lie to the general media. But at the same time, soaps aren't real. Look at all of Ekta Kapoor's drama's, those things are just beyond ridiculous. Who is their right mind would believe that crap? And I do understand the point you make with these shows making an impact to impressionable people, but even if you take Madhubala out of the equation, there's other shows that promote the same messages. To take an example, Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Do. That show was unbelievable huge and its fan following was amazing. But the main lead, Arnav, constantly manhandled the other lead Khushi. He'd always blow up at her for trivial things and she put up with his shit. In the end, they remained happily married to each other. The show and its fan glorified Arnav's character to the skies, despite his faults. It doesn't matter if the CV's tell the truth of such relationships or not, there's always going to be other shows out there that promote similar or worse messages.

Regarding Madhubala, honestly speaking, I won't mind if the CV's decide to end this in a "tragic" way with Madhu and RK not reuniting. It would be refreshing to see and the storm that would erupt in the forum would be amazing lol.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

nobodyatnotimemytinypaintingsapplenpeaches_Darling_

UmIbrahim IF-Rockerz
UmIbrahim
UmIbrahim

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 11:52pm | IP Logged
I will sound like a complete hypocrite when I say this but in my defence all I can say is I am mighty confused about RK.
One thing I guaranteed dislike is Madhu giving into RK's touch every time.
The catching hand - pulling back game they play every time is annoying.
For heavens sake Madhu can raise her voice enough to ask him to let go ( even then I doubt he would)
For long I have wanted Madhu to have a track free of any men.
Why be RK's or Sultan's?
Can't she lead a life of her own?
The woman is young and still has a lot of life to face.
RK's redemption I wish to see for I am a staunch believer of second chances and forgiving ( when God can forgive our sins on daily basis, why can't we humans forgive)
Madhu has choice to forgive RK in future if she wishes to , that will help her in moving forward truly.
On whether she should trust RK and go back to him , personally put in her place I wouldn't.
RK has protected her, saved her life etc.
But he did also play big time with her emotions.
And yes , his past maybe a reason for his actions.
But that's no justification for hurting others now.
Madhu should go a different way in my opinion.
Lead a life free of any man for a while.
As for being influenced.
I think partly you maybe right but it also depend on the viewers dear.
Reel and real are never exactly same.

coolgal49nobodyatnotimemytinypaintingsPantheramozart66applenpeachesravenheart_Darling_-MERRY-

mozart66 IF-Dazzler
mozart66
mozart66

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 11:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Oh_No_Soaps

Originally posted by Sanjari7

Dis is only a serial..n dis new chracter of rk is so hatke.. never v have seen a lead hero wid a grey  shade...so its very new n exciting..n people dont learn sumthing like dis frm serials..dey shud b mature enuf to differentiate btwn real n reel life..!! Its not balika vadhu yaar ki kaun sahi n kaun glt..its a larger than life show in itself..!! agar log serials se seekhte hi hai toh unhe madhu ki social service seekhni chahye..asli mei koi ladka aisa kare kisi k saath toh i wnt even luk at him..!! but its only a serial n its the cvs who decide the fate of a character..!! so just chill...!!

...asli mei koi ladka aisa kare kisi k saath...

LOTS of ladkas/men are like this! In the serial its just shown in a more grander and exaggerated scale, that is all.

Consider the characteristics shown by RK:
The lying
The controlling
The manipulating
Lack of conscious
Lack of moral or ethics
Lack of empathy or feelings for others
Domineering
Intelligent
Egotistical
Funny
Has one or more Bittuji (I mean a sidekick/chamcha) who is good at heart but completely dominated.
Charming
No respect for girls
Hypocrite
Thinking they are better than everyone else
Looking down on others
No good relationship with anyone and its always the other persons fault. They wronged him inc family.
They have some "sad" story from past or difficult thing they have gone through
No respect for rules
Thinking of themselves as great and grand
No respect or regard for social norms
Do what I want when I want coz thats teh way I am and ...its not my fault...mai aisa hi hunn

Think carefully and you will know of at LEAST 1-2  boys/men who show a lot of these characteristics or have heard about them from family or friends!! We ALL know someone, its just that we don't add it all up! Coz they are funny and good company when they are good company. Add sexy and/or attractive to it and what happens??

PERFECT answer!!! Truly wish peope introspect about it.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

vgomesnmeera285nobodyatnotimePantheraGodhuliLogon

-brokensoul- IF-Sizzlerz
-brokensoul-
-brokensoul-

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 12:02am | IP Logged
Awesome post.

About RK I begin to uderstand his character now and that is what U just described. He doesn't seem to be a man that could be changed. I have lost all hope for him.

Now what is confusing is Madhu's reaction. Wouldn't a girl feel disgusted to be touched by a man who has done that to her. Her reaction to his touch is confusing. And to show she is forgetting everything he did for a physical touch is I don't really know what to say except disgusting. Sadly this is the only word that comes to me.CryCryCry

vgomesnmeera285coolgal49mozart66PantheraSiri22_Darling_--Udhay---MERRY-

mozart66 IF-Dazzler
mozart66
mozart66

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 12:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by FeistySoul

I will sound like a complete hypocrite when I say this but in my defence all I can say is I am mighty confused about RK.
One thing I guaranteed dislike is Madhu giving into RK's touch every time.
The catching hand - pulling back game they play every time is annoying.
For heavens sake Madhu can raise her voice enough to ask him to let go ( even then I doubt he would)
For long I have wanted Madhu to have a track free of any men.
Why be RK's or Sultan's?
Can't she lead a life of her own?
The woman is young and still has a lot of life to face.
RK's redemption I wish to see for I am a staunch believer of second chances and forgiving ( when God can forgive our sins on daily basis, why can't we humans forgive)
Madhu has choice to forgive RK in future if she wishes to , that will help her in moving forward truly.
On whether she should trust RK and go back to him , personally put in her place I wouldn't.
RK has protected her, saved her life etc.
But he did also play big time with her emotions.
And yes , his past maybe a reason for his actions.
But that's no justification for hurting others now.
Madhu should go a different way in my opinion.
Lead a life free of any man for a while.
As for being influenced.
I think partly you maybe right but it also depend on the viewers dear.
Reel and real are never exactly same.

@Bold: She has already forgien him else she wouldn't have fallen in love with him after what he did to her foster father and the way he was in the initial stages. Because she has forgiven him (but unfortunately not forgotten him, quite naturally because of various reasons and not just love) she has started moving on in her life. So why can't RK let her be? There is just no sane logic.

As for your last line, it is true that Real and Reel are never exactly the same, reel often exaggerated. But in a story telling unless you exaggerate, you can not put across your point. To explain this - just imagine our grandmothers used to tell us the stories when we were children. Grandmothers often used to exaggerate a devil or a 'rakshas' to underline the fact how BAD they are and how we need to stay away from them. Serial too is story telling but while doing that with the powerful medium as TV we can show the reality too to some extent to get your point across.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

vgomesnmeera285UmIbrahim_Darling_

mozart66 IF-Dazzler
mozart66
mozart66

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 12:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Siri22

@mozart66 - I for one would really like for Madhu to give the psycho another slap if he dared touch her instead of melting in his arms. How could she even let him near is beyond my understanding.

I too wish Madhu not reacting or refusing to be touched by him. In stead of squirming in his hold while he was putting the color on her in the corridor, she just melted! I could understand to a point that she allowed herself to be pulled by him in public because she didn't want to create a scene. Even in that scene she could have just run away or shaken off his hands like she did just after she gave her hand to Sultan to pull himself up after falling down. These actions of Madhu clearly show the lack of self-respect. I really then admire the gangster who seemed to behave well with her!! At least Sultan at no point pulled and pushed or manhandled her.

Edited by mozart66 - 09 April 2013 at 12:36am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

vgomesnmeera285coolgal49PantheraSiri22_Darling_--Udhay--

Shas3 IF-Dazzler
Shas3
Shas3

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 12:13am | IP Logged
I totally agree with what you're saying. I still have a hard time processing Madhu returning to live with RK because the 'unwedding' scene repeatedly plays back in my head and on top of that the endless humiliation. I'm afraid the CVs have written themselves into such a situation where it is almost next to impossible to redeem RK. Now he slit his wrist? I mean that is borderline crazy.
I would rather see RK making Madhu stay with him because of their marriage contract. Madhu earning money and when RK get's comfortable she should be shown as a strong independent woman who throws the 40 lakhs in his face and leave.
But of course cvs may never do that because Madhu is 'good' or whatever version of that it is they want to promote.
I'm going to be honest, I respect both jodis.
RK repenting and realizing his mistakes is something I really want to see. Not a watered down apology. Him changing his ways and becoming a better person but will that ever happen or will he forever remain an anti-hero?
Sultan and Madhu's relationship I love too because they have a bond with the pain of their past and their cute relationship with Aryan.
Does junoon have to go full blown crazy? Couldn't it be just his passion to prove to Madhu he wants to mend his ways.
Another things that royally pissed me off is that Dips, out of every body in RK mansion made him realize the extent of deceit he gave to Madhu. That is just so sad and is making the whole situation even harder for me to digest.

Edited by Shas3 - 09 April 2013 at 12:17am

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

vgomesnmeera285coolgal49mozart66Siri22UmIbrahim_Darling_--Udhay--

Go to top