Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon

Three Lives Getting Entangled

nafisa_kazi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
by Nafisa Kazi : 
My Reflections on Episode of M-EIEJ Aired Today

It's reminiscing time for these three individuals whose lives inadvertently have become entangled with each other...

For RK, who overtly is in his denial mode, cannot escape the memories of Madhu that had touched his heart...Whether he wants it or not, his reminiscences always revolve around her and the beautiful moments shared with her...

Madhu, she wants to break free of those reminiscences...She is trying and making every effort to move on in life...In the little Aryan she seems to have found some solace...With this there also has been an unspoken camaraderie that she has developed with Sultan...

Sultan, to him his past memories have been replaced by the recent ones...He seems to have come alive again...Yes, love is sure going to take him unawares...

Now let me delve into my reflections on today's episode...

The pact between Madhu and Sultan was a heart tugging moment...with no hyped melodrama, just a subtle understanding and acceptance of the harsh reality by both...

RK, getting a reality check from Dipali...well it's not surprising that after his mother Dipali too ends up showing him the mirror...Dipali's words finding it's mark and Madhu's memories making RK even more and more restless...what made this scene more impactful was Atif's voice in the BG...

"dil hai chota sa, chota si asha"...Aryan's innocent heart has begun to weave dreams of his own...In his own way he conduces a situation so that his father can talk to Madhu...a heart warming one indeed...

Performances wise : IM as Bittuji never fails to deliver; SM as Dipali, perfect...VD, good in parts...good where he has to project RK's rage and arrogance but not convincing in conveyance  his latent emotions...AR as Sultan, so far he has been apt in bringing out both the hard core gangster and the softer side of his character...I am beginning to like this character...DD, can anyone else have done justice to this role, na, don't think so...

Am liking the subtle way the CVs have begun this love triangle...This episode gave us more glimpse of this...

Before I bring my reflections to a halt, here's a citation by Daphne Du Maurier that more or less gives us a peep into this warped individual RK :

"Is it possible to love someone so much, that it gives one a pleasure to hurt them? To hurt them by jealousy, I mean, and to hurt myself at the same time. Pleasure and pain, an equal mingling of pleasure and pain, just as an experiment, a rare sensation?"

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

utopia88 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Awesome analysis! ðŸ˜Š
tabby999 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
great post nafs ..
awesome analysis
ninand thumbnail
I so agree with you.. Sultans' and Madhus' scenes are so understated , and because the CVs' are taking it so slow, they have a better impact. But then somehow they started affecting us from their first scene itself.

Yeh AR does the softness well too.. I loved all his scenes today.. in fact softness, shyness on him makes Sultan beautiful.. i so love him.

.. I am not too convinced with Madhu getting affected with RKs' proximity these days, but I am willing to give the story/the cvs' a chance.. 
gennyM thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Nafisa,
beautiful.😳
Daphne de maurier ,my all time favorite book,Rebecca.
Pain and pleasure,so twisted.
nafisa_kazi thumbnail
a big thank you to all my friends...
ornella_mg thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Awesome post Nafisa! 
mandygill thumbnail
lovely post! i agree!
Angel-33 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
nice post
awesome analysis
nafisa_kazi thumbnail
thank you so much for All your lovely comments...

nim,
have you read her other works...I have read the glass blowers, jamaica inn and the frenchman's creek...