Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon

India-Forums

Episode 240 Discussion: 8th April 2013 (Page 5)

0-SD-0 IF-Rockerz
0-SD-0
0-SD-0

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 5:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Red_Opium

Originally posted by 0-SD-0

Originally posted by Soundarya22

• Aryan sweetheart...you're getting over smart, bachcha. Trying for a new momma? Please bring your own mom, Neha Mehta, I heard she is a strong character. Where is she??? RK uncle is going through one of his temporary insanity phases, very dangerous to even look at Madhu when he is in this frame of mind.LOL

[Aryan] : Yes Aunty.  But ST uncle said she is dead and buried. We also did Shraadh. How can she come back now ?  RK uncle ?!! Ouch  Okay Aunty. So what should I do now ?

[SD]: Cute. LOL

Dear Child, don't let ST uncle play with your emotions.  After all, the man pulls rabbits from a hat in a nonstop manner.  Your mommy could be sitting somewhere at the bottom of his magical hat waiting for ears to be pulled. LOL 

Zoe

ROFL ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

UDEYRed_Opiumhansa22Angeenaanastasia21zoya_naziya_charu_leelaa9

Red_Opium Senior Member
Red_Opium
Red_Opium

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 5:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by 0-SD-0

Since it was a filler episode, I would like to do it in a way that appeals to me.

Total Airtime distribution between all characters
  1. Madhu -Sultan - 1.58 + .27 second = 2.25 mins (The Promise to Sultan and remembering RK)
  2. RK- Radha - 1 min (towards growing bonding with him asking forgivness. In this scene RK is so much better than my brother. Wish my brother was half as RK)
  3. Rk- Dips - 4.17 mins ( very good scene. Mirror Mirror. Show me who is the most kameena ?) 
  4. Sultan - 2.3 min - driving (remembering his wife and Madhu)
  5. Rk- Bittuji - 17 seconds
  6. RK - 4.00 mins  - song (remembering Madhu)
  7. Madhu -Padmini - 50 second approx (Bore scene)
  8. Sultan-Aryan 1.42 min (Son-father bonding - very FORCED)
  9. Sultan -Madhu - .37 seconds (Awkwardness - ENUF already)

Total distribution between the three
  • RK - 9.34 mins
  • Madhu - 3.52 mins
  • Sultan - 4.22 min
Total airtime = 17.48 (removing all aage dekhiye and precaps)

The characters as they came across to me...
  • RK = Clown
  • Sultan = Good Man 
  • Madhu = Any soap heroine

Who entertains me ?!!!!! Ofcourse the CLOWN !!!  ROFLROFL ROFLROFL ROFLROFL ROFL

And whose ring is this ? !!! ofcourse MEIEJ Ring leader - ST.  The way he weaves drama.ROFL  I am just remembering his Gol-Matol face. 

These men - ST & RS & the entire writing team...they are just a crazy bunch who weave any kind of drama around their clown.  Sab Maaf !!! Biggest Puppet in their hands is RK who is a Twister for MEIEJ drama.  Madhu belongs to Audience. Sultan too belongs to Audience. The ones exclusively used by them are RK, Padmini and Dipali. They can make them do any 180 degree turn these days and create laughter and disgust without being answerable to audience.

Shri, my mood needed some serious uplifting today, and your post did it ROFLROFLROFL.  I just love the entire summery, oh the clown reference was just hilarious.

Thank you so much for answering my question that was a wonderful analysis.   So, I guess egotism is the narcissistic version of the self while egoism is the not so selfish version of the self.  I just realized that an egoist's need NOT always have an inflated self-opinion, while an egotist is always driven to increase his own importance with an already high opinion towards himself.  I completely understand why you have labeled him as egoist.

After watching the scene between Dips and RK today, I recognized that Dips is the only force that constantly points out the dark side of his personality.  Although, Dips references are always done in a very disgusting and tasteless manner, it always gets his attention.  No one likes their actions to be compared with a person they despise the most.  Such a comparison can be considered alarming or better yet a wake-up call.  I'm really interested to see how he deals with his feelings in the next few episodes.  As you said he is the twister of the drama.

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

shanmanjuUDEYdesigrl414hansa22river123Angeenazoya_naziya0-SD-0_charu_Fortitudeleelaa9AreYaar

sangeet6690 Goldie
sangeet6690
sangeet6690

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 6:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Soundarya22

• Aryan sweetheart...you're getting over smart, bachcha. Trying for a new momma? Please bring your own mom, Neha Mehta, I heard she is a strong character. Where is she??? RK uncle is going through one of his temporary insanity phases, very dangerous to even look at Madhu when he is in this frame of mind.LOL

totally agree 
srsly dis kid was cute initially but now he is getting oversmartAngry loved d rk part he is really 
getting insaneLOL

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

UDEYRed_Opiumdesigrl414hansa22river123Angeenasree.gattu0-SD-0_charu_leelaa9

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 8:16pm | IP Logged
@SD: Loved your point about RK as the CLOWN...lol well the clown entertains me the most too...reading the main forum makes me wonder why ppl watched this show to begin with...

I'm reading theories like Sultan brings "stability" in Madhu's lifeLOL...In all his "psycho" acts galore, RK  never managed to urge Madhu to SHOOT someone but hey if that's "stability", then I really should recheck the dictionary.

The writers donot seem to have learnt from the umpteen examples of love triangles gone wrong on Indian TV...how long have shows lasted with love triangles forced in like this...and usually the REVERSE holds true...women will buy love triangles if the second guy in question is the husband...there is the whole "oh they have to fall in love after shaadi" angle that soaps love to milk.

Well in the case of RK, they've already used that angle on him and Madhu...throwing Sultan in at this point for what?

The writers are creating easy sympathy for Sultan's character and women, especially the TRP audience is the first in line for it...well they can take the show whichever way they want but I have a feeling this turn of events is going to come back to haunt them big time...they are creating a monster they will  not be able to control.

RK is a tough character to write...to write his redemption without making him a typical sappy loverboy...to keep the unpredictability element alive along with showing character growth...but it seems in an attempt to do that, they are creating a foil like Sultan for viewers who like their characters predictably sketched for sympathy...in the attempt to "expand" their audience base, they may end up losing the core one and the very reason the show is popular.

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

shanmanjuUDEYRed_OpiumJasperJazzBarbie_girl02blacklamboriver123Angeenaarmummy0-SD-0zoya_naziyasree.gattu_charu_Fortitudeleelaa9

river123 IF-Dazzler
river123
river123

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 8:51pm | IP Logged
@AY, Interesting that you brought up triangles in Indian shows.  I was just wondering about that, since my experience with recent shows is fairly limited - MB and before that IPKKND being the only shows I've watched in a long time.   Everyone keeps talking about the "exciting" triangle with the hot guy, but I keep wondering how many people actually have the stomach for it - to show the female lead go outside a marriage is pretty bold, I think.  I would imagine it is pretty unpalatable for most mainstream viewers (like myself!), unless they show a divorce.

The CVs are taking a big risk with the Sultan track, and the handling of RK part.   Like you,  I think they are risking alienating the core.  Am not sure they are really bringing in a huge number of new viewers, which is probably one of the reasons for the drop in TRPs in the recent past.

Edited by river123 - 08 April 2013 at 8:56pm

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

shanmanjuUDEYblacklamboAngeenazoya_naziya0-SD-0sree.gattuFortitudeleelaa9AreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 8:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by river123

@AY, Interesting that you brought up triangles in Indian shows.  I was just wondering about that, since my experience with recent shows is fairly limited - MB and before that IPKKND being the only shows I've watched in a long time.   Everyone keeps talking about the "exciting" triangle with the hot guy, but I keep wondering how many people actually have the stomach for it - to show the female lead go outside a marriage is pretty bold, I think.  Unless they show a divorce, I would imagine it is pretty unpalatable for most mainstream viewers (like myself!)

The CVs are taking a big risk with the Sultan track, and the handling of RK part.   Like you,  I think they are risking alienating the core.  Am not sure they are really bringing in a huge number of new viewers, which is probably one of the reasons for the drop in TRPs in the recent past.

River, unfortunately I've watched a LONG history of Indian shows...from the earliest Ekta Kapoor sagas to the recent phenomenon of "youth" shows cum family dramas which started with IPK...creativity has steadily DECREASED by and large in general.

IPK in itself was not an original show by ANY standards...its  roots began in shows like the ones that aired on Star One...like DD's previous show Geet...literally the SAME storyline and characters are copy/pasted by the PH every single time and ppl love it like it's something PATHBREAKINGLOLLOL

Anyways, for me after quite some time I'd seen a hero/anti-hero as unique as RK on Indian TV...unlike the typical "angsty" characters of Gul Khan shows where abuse is romanticized, RK was an UNAPOLOGETIC character...nothing SUGARCOATED about him...Which is why it amuses me when women suddenly start crying foul about how "abusive" he is...when confronted with an ACTUAL grey/dark character, suddenly ppl develop scruples and morals? LOL otherwise it was all well and fun with typical characters like Maan, Arnav etc. etc.

I think this is why Sultan is being liked...he falls into a very VERY typical category of "heroes"...an easy alternative to the much more complex RK...who needs complexity I guess..."Stable" Sultan it isLOLLOL

They are going to make a mess of this I fear...there is a major chunk of the audience waiting for RK's redemption...and while they wait for that, if you throw in Sultan like some kind of antidote to RK's "insanity", well you can take your guesses for how long the audience will show patience...sooner or later everyone's patience will run out with this pendulum the writers have going right now making Madhu swing b/w these two men...

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

shanmanjupnarsJasperJazzUDEYsweetdeardvs_smiRKblacklamboriver123Angeenazoya_naziyasree.gattu0-SD-0_charu_Fortitudeleelaa9

river123 IF-Dazzler
river123
river123

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 9:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AreYaar

[QUOTE=river123]

That was a great read, thanks! Smile

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

UDEYAngeenazoya_naziya0-SD-0Fortitudeleelaa9AreYaar

Ananya05 IF-Rockerz
Ananya05
Ananya05

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 9:08pm | IP Logged
@AY: You are scaring me yaar. Are you trying to say that very soon RKs character will bid adieu to the show? 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Angeenazoya_naziya

Go to top