Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

0-SD-0 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
I agree with you Angeena. Those are my grudges as well, making the show boring.

One thing I know for sure...and may be it shall help you.  The writers are very clear that they need to write a crazy drama and we need to expect the unexpected.  

That's why they show the improbable of Gangster looking a good man and yet falling in love so quickly.   

Why inspite of knowing that, I don't like the track is because, Sultan carries zero entertainment value...because of three reasons
  1. He does not do anything in the show (koi haath pair nahin chalte...na dhanda  na kuch kaam)
  2. He does not talk. So boring to watch a face without too many dialogues.
  3. All his existence is around three other weaklings - an old man, a special child and a woman.

Then when they give him action scenes or dialogues, the CVs give him things that remind us about RK.  And this creates hurt in us...as it looks forceful triangle.  Soon Padmini will say...Madhu...get married to Sultan, because I like him...and Madhu might agree to...then all this hurt of audience is going to be repaid with pleasure when RK brings down the roof with his crazy anger and BBB.

I am just thinking they can go for different techniques, but I guess, they cannot spend so much of creative energy on one soap (else they will be burnt out)...instead they can take up different projects. 

So ultimately writers will go for  already explored/tested/Beta pattern of emotional response for the show...same waves ,,,peaks and troughs

Edited by 0-SD-0 - 11 years ago
Ananya05 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Shri,

Loved your post on page 6. Agree to every word.

I know I am one of those people that your post was addressed to. 😆 But I am not at all offended. In fact you gave me a new perspective. 😊

Why am I pained? I honestly have no answer to that. Need to find one soon. 😆 But one of the reasons could be that, unlike a lot of people here, I can't say that I watch the show just for good drama. To be honest, I care for Rishbala more than good drama, which might be a wrong way of seeing things. Watching RKs downward spiral is a pain. Watching the charming, suave, intelligent man behave like a possessed and obsessed lover is painful. I know he deserves all of it, but its not too entertaining to watch. But, since the topic has been raised, I have to look for answers and come out clean with them.

Re RRR, I don't expect one, and I don't care if there is none coming. From, where I stand, I don't even see the need of it, as the man is already headed for a breakdown.

The drunk night conversation between RK and Madhu, was a good enough indication for us to figure that, Madhu does not care for RKs redemption. She will never expect or demand an apology from him. She very clearly asks him to listen to his heart. This means, she only expects him to realize his love and bestow it on her without any facade. After that, I gradually made peace that whatever ST or RS may say, there is no RRR coming. If Madhu is very clearly ready to accept him solely once he comes clean with his feelings (again the recent Holi celebration is a testimony to this), viewers can very well forget about the so called redemption.

Besides, I have to admit that the very recent Sultan-Madhu angle bothers me to no end. Sultan provides me no entertainment. His character has no footing according to me and all his scenes are very very forced. The whole track is bloopers galore. I don't see the point of introducing a gangster just for the sake of a triangle. This whole track has to shed some more light. Moreover, CVs are literally making an emotional fool out of us, by asking us to accept the crazy whims of their heroine.

All in all, the entertainment quotient in the show has almost become null.

I hope I will be able to gain a new perspective, and bring myself to enjoy the show again. 😊

Cheers.
Edited by Ananya05 - 11 years ago
JasperJazz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: AreYaar

@River: You're welcome :-)

LOL no RK isn't going anywhere...waise bhi VD's fanbase is too huge to let that happen, no?😆

I'm saying that in this attempt to keep their pendulum swinging both ways, the writers may end up DILUTING the essence of a character as compelling as RK...I wonder if they may just end up using him for the laughs and the drama and that's about it...I hope that all this acting up from him will lead to something CONCRETE...otherwise there won't be much of a point.

Look at it another way...if Sultan isn't letting RK-Madhu be...then what makes him think that RK will  ever let him and Madhu be?😉😆

AY, loved all your posts! Honestly, more than a pendulum, this is looking like Maut Ka Kuan...if you are familiar with this very famous act from Indian circuses. We will keep going around in circles like a daredevil biker, doing the death defying stunt - only in this case, it is a logic-defying stunt by poor viewers. 

Right now we have a junooni RK, because he thinks he is losing Madhu to Sultan. When Madhu starts living with RK, we will get to see a junooni Sultan who will think he is losing Madhu to RK. Then we will see Junooni Madhu... oh let me correct myself... we see junooni Madhu all the time... anyway, she will go crazier thinking she is losing Aaryan...I propose they change the title to - No Ishq, Sirf Junoon

And I am going dizzy going around in circles...
hansa22 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
SD - Lovely post on Rishbala on pg 6.I agree. But I want to tweet to ST ...to please think through tracks and not introduce them for the sake of being different. 

Angeena - Loved your post on bloopers. I wanted to write the same thing. Sultan would have worked if the track had been handled better.He has a presence, is able to hold his own  against RK, a calm antithesis to RK's bombastic personality. but they've messed up so badly. Him falling in love with Madhu is so so contrived, I wanted to switch off my TV, not because I cannot bear Sultan-Madhu but because it was sooo ho hum. i could've had a power nap during that scene. 😆. 

We are so used to seeing pitch perfect episodes in MB that the recent episodes are beginning to grate on our nerves.  I used to love the whole team for that. Now I'm beginning to think they've lost the plot completely. 

here's to hoping that they manage to get back on track and  break the mould where Tv serials are concerned. 
Red_Opium thumbnail
Originally posted by: Ananya05

Shri,

Loved your post on page 6. Agree to every word.

I know I am one of those people that your post was addressed to. 😆 But I am not at all offended. In fact you gave me a new perspective. 😊

Why am I pained? I honestly have no answer to that. Need to find one soon. 😆 But one of the reasons could be that, unlike a lot of people here, I can't say that I watch the show just for good drama. To be honest, I care for Rishbala more than good drama, which might be a wrong way of seeing things. Watching RKs downward spiral is a pain. Watching the charming, suave, intelligent man behave like a possessed and obsessed lover is painful. I know he deserves all of it, but its not too entertaining to watch. But, since the topic has been raised, I have to look for answers and come out clean with them.

Re RRR, I don't expect one, and I don't care if there is none coming. From, where I stand, I don't even see the need of it, as the man is already headed for a breakdown.

The drunk night conversation between RK and Madhu, was a good enough indication for us to figure that, Madhu does not care for RKs redemption. She will never expect or demand an apology from him. She very clearly asks him to listen to his heart. This means, she only expects him to realize his love and bestow it on her without any facade. After that, I gradually made peace that whatever ST or RS may say, there is no RRR coming. If Madhu is very clearly ready to accept him solely once he comes clean with his feelings (again the recent Holi celebration is a testimony to this), viewers can very well forget about the so called redemption.

Besides, I have to admit that the very recent Sultan-Madhu angle bothers me to no end. Sultan provides me no entertainment. His character has no footing according to me and all his scenes are very very forced. The whole track is bloopers galore. I don't see the point of introducing a gangster just for the sake of a triangle. This whole track has to shed some more light. Moreover, CVs are literally making an emotional fool out of us, by asking us to accept the crazy whims of their heroine.

All in all, the entertainment quotient in the show has almost become null.

I hope I will be able to gain a new perspective, and bring myself to enjoy the show again. 😊

Cheers.

Lovely post, Ananya 👏! My original attachment towards the show was RishBala's love story, I'm still crazy about them, but the sudden change in the direction of the show is keeping me less entertained. Turning the show to a gangster's paradise was a much need it move? A new character entry would have made more sense if he was part of the movie industry vs. a incompetent Don. So far, RK remains the most intrigued character, at least this week there will be some drama rather than flat scenes filled by lullaby 😉
Red_Opium thumbnail
I forgot to mention the most important part of today's episode.  RK's bed sheet and pillow cases were finally changed after almost 7month period, Hallelujah this calls for celebration 🥳
anastasia21 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: 0-SD-0

Soon Padmini will say...Madhu...get married to Sultan, because I like him...and Madhu might agree to

Can a mother in the real world really ask her daughter to do that? 😲 This is fiction, yet the idea seems so far-fetched. Specially coming from a woman like Padmini, who knows how excruciatingly tough life can be when you are married to a gun-brandishing perpetrator. I have always felt Padmini was the slight nudge behind Madhu's bizarre choice of guys in life. She told Madhu to get married to Mukund, even though Madhu was in two minds about him. She asked Madhu whether her marriage to RK can be assumed complete now or not because RK saved Malik from jail time, which prompted Madhu to acknowledge her feelings and attempt to confess. Can we not safely say that Padmini too jumps to conclusions without thinking it through?

Edited by anastasia21 - 11 years ago
Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: Ananya05

Shri,

thank you Ananya for this 🤗sums up my feelings as well...Thank you Shri, Zoe,  Soundarya and Jazz for your posts 👏 abs nothing is left to add..with entertainment value nil and bloopers galore episodes, shoddy treatment of the storyline, all characters going down the drain, do we have anything to look forward to?😕 anyways,  as long as Rishbala are together, the hope is still alive...the problem/expectation was never Rishbala or RK's RRR but Sultan in MB...apart from his scenes individually which put me to sleep , will the audience accept a married woman with another guy? or him dreaming of her, knowing that she's married?  😕 stable, REALLY? 🤢 here lies the clunk ! 🤢 they can never develop this track properly bec. they have to retain the good image of Madhu yet make RK look miserable..that means misunderstandings galore and the cliche route of showing the heroine wronged..more tears=more TRP's 😆 
Edited by _charu_ - 11 years ago
hansa22 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Red_Opium

I forgot to mention the most important part of today's episode.  RK's bed sheet and pillow cases were finally changed after almost 7month period, Hallelujah this calls for celebration 🥳

hey, I tweeted ST on this...think he actually acted on it?? 

ETA- Whenever I'm upset with the serial, and totally vela, I tweet ST on silly things like this...for my own cheap thrills...I don't mention the serial at all, because he will only say...don't wait and don't watch 😆
Edited by Soundarya22 - 11 years ago
Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: 0-SD-0

Dear All.

I would like to introduce you to sweetdear, who is a dancer, understands dance and she has been kind enough to explain the dance in Episode 236. Through her explanation, I was able to allay my doubts if I missed anything. 
Here is the page where her post is there.

a special word of thanks to sweetdear for penning that down..i read the post and loved the interpretation 👏 it was perfect and best so far, along with Hima's ! 👏