Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

redapple1 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Thank you Khushi for written update. Overall good episode. Looks like.Sumitra is going through empty nest syndrome. She has almost.raised Anandi. anandi was with her most of the time compared to her own kids. it will be
nice if they show her remembering Suguna.
Jagya Ganga scenes.were nice. Anandi Shiv rejected master bedroom. πŸ˜ƒ . Finally holi came. I was wondering how come no holi celebration. Hope they dont stretch this celebration till the end of the week or else ugadi will come.
Teeya thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks buddy ...nice title.πŸ‘Kachhua speed πŸ‘
Missesha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

@ Anita: Aparna has well explained on how I thought of FB's so won't repeat. But I would like to share my view about Anandi and Toral after 6 weeks of replacement.

As a viewer I am quite fed up of these FB's because;

One they get repetitive and the story seems stuck

Secondly, these particular FB's are not reflective of A's character

Third, I am not impressed with Toral's acting. She does not fit into Anandi's shoes in my POV (This is not a biased view – I am not a great Prat's fan, but I loved the Anandi, Prats and Avika potrayed while Toral is a total different Anandi, for whom I don't have any feelings as yet)

Where is the girl who was once abandoned / pained and has now found happiness in her husband? I don't see that girl in Toral. She looks as if she never had pains in life. The person who she is today is because of her past – a girl who was soft but had good head over her shoulders, but it doesn't reflect in her behaviour anymore.

What I see in T's A is a confused girl who just doesn't see a world beyond her Dadisa, Maa, Bapu , Tauji and Taisa.

And who continuously cries over separation rather than making efforts to build a new world around her husband and her new sasural. She also doesn't seem to think of her father. The Anandi I knew was never this regressive in her thoughts. She saw a bigger world than just her family. She would be worrying about  how her school will run after she left and advise Gulli / phooli accordingly, but this A just doesn't have seem to have those thoughts.

The Anandi I knew, was balanced. Even in worst case scenarios she thought of her sasural walon's izzat and did not take J to court. But I don't even see her connecting with Shekhars – apart from being formal. She gave space to J when he brought Gauri home saying that it's his choice, but now she can bully him over getting married without giving him space.

So as a viewer I feel that by showing FBs, CVs are forcing Toral down my throat instead of connecting with the character and making me feel that this is the Anandi I have always known.

Sorry for a long post but the show has not picked up for me since replacement. It is Toral, story, direction, script altogether letting it down and FB's are of no help.

andv thumbnail
@Aparna and Esha: Ok I get what you guys are trying to say and from your perspective I understand why you are feeling it to be forceful.  While I don't deny that the initial FBs when Toral's A was introduced was mainly to help us connect with the new face. Off late personally I don't find it odd or out of place. I think the major difference between our perspectives is because I am not really thninking too much about if Toral fits in as A while you guys probably need a little more for the actor to come across as the character you are used to seeing. My prime focus is on the story line and hence these FBs are not looking out of place for me.

Yes Toral's A is different from Pratyusha's A in many aspects and as I have been saying that had the transition been done in a better manner it would have not looked this sudden. But what has made me accept the new A is that the situations are very different. Prat's A dipicted the darkest phase of A's life which was associated with J as her husband. Now that her husband is S she being associated with J in those memories would look out of place for me. Also being parents the Singhs would like to try to forget that unpleasant phase of their son's life.  Personally I would rather not have the Singhs think about that sad A coz she is in a much better position both mentally and physically now. I agree that the Singhs got closest to her sply DS during this phase. But it was more of the Singhs taking care of her to not let her breakdown rather than A taking care of the Singhs. Hence them thinking about those memories in my opinion would not be very relavant at this juncture.

Besides that A even as a kid was always a kid who liked to please people. She had proved her self as a wonderful person, intellengent girl and good in the household chores too which P's A only carried forward.

Since in P's phase of A, her pain and betrayal was so impactful I may be missing out certain pointers or memories which you guys are talking about. Could you give me a few instances for me to understand the points that you are missing in the FBs? Besides FBs what could be the other ways for the Singhs to be shown to remember P's A?
Edited by andv - 11 years ago
Missesha thumbnail

Anita, FBs were fine during initial introduction, but now they look overdone.

In my opinion, points of connection could be made through talks of certain phases of A's life time and again, by not getting over emotional but just as part of sharing which shows how every event made Anandi mature – this is while connecting with Shekhars.

With Singhs, points of connection could be done in terms of practical solutions rather than over emotional decisions and non-stop tears.

And for Jagya, she needs to give him a break, just the way she did during Gauri times, until both A and J are emotionally sorted.

All these acts or similar stuff would still prove that this is a well-balanced progressive Anandi, who thinks of others before her, but has also moved in her life and is seeing the better side of life rather than just doing Singhs jaap (lost in past). And this way the story will also seem to move for all the characters.

andv thumbnail

Originally posted by: Missesha

@ Anita: Aparna has well explained on how I thought of FB's so won't repeat. But I would like to share my view about Anandi and Toral after 6 weeks of replacement.

Third, I am not impressed with Toral's acting. She does not fit into Anandi's shoes in my POV (This is not a biased view ' I am not a great Prat's fan, but I loved the Anandi, Prats and Avika potrayed while Toral is a total different Anandi, for whom I don't have any feelings as yet)

Where is the girl who was once abandoned / pained and has now found happiness in her husband? I don't see that girl in Toral. She looks as if she never had pains in life. The person who she is today is because of her past ' a girl who was soft but had good head over her shoulders, but it doesn't reflect in her behaviour anymore.

What I see in T's A is a confused girl who just doesn't see a world beyond her Dadisa, Maa, Bapu , Tauji and Taisa.

And who continuously cries over separation rather than making efforts to build a new world around her husband and her new sasural. She also doesn't seem to think of her father. The Anandi I knew was never this regressive in her thoughts. She saw a bigger world than just her family. She would be worrying about  how her school will run after she left and advise Gulli / phooli accordingly, but this A just doesn't have seem to have those thoughts.

The Anandi I knew, was balanced. Even in worst case scenarios she thought of her sasural walon's izzat and did not take J to court. But I don't even see her connecting with Shekhars ' apart from being formal. She gave space to J when he brought Gauri home saying that it's his choice, but now she can bully him over getting married without giving him space.

So as a viewer I feel that by showing FBs, CVs are forcing Toral down my throat instead of connecting with the character and making me feel that this is the Anandi I have always known.

Sorry for a long post but the show has not picked up for me since replacement. It is Toral, story, direction, script altogether letting it down and FB's are of no help.

Esha thanks a lot for explaining the details to me. It makes sense what you are saying and I see the reasons that's disconnecting you from P's A. You explained it so well to me that I can understand your POV much better now.

About Toral, I would not like to comment coz personally I don't care which actress plays the role as long as the story is told well. How good an actress she is, also doesn't bother me as long as the story is told well. There were a lot of times that P's A did not come across as convincing in certain aspects which I did not comment then and will not comment now on hence I will leave the acting and actress perse and concentrate on the essence of the character.

From my perspective: A Was abandoned, Was pained but she is now liberated, in a very happy setting. Circumstances in her life have changed for the better and she has a very loving husband. She was initially not in love with S but now she loves her husband very much and he does so in return. So personally if I have to see her sad or pained, scared  or affected by the past, I would be irked and would be forced to think she is wallowing in self pity. There are many women who face much worse situations and don't have the support  system that she was blessed with.

About the inherent softness in her behaviour, I agree that is missing and I think the acting has largely to do with that.

I agree with you that she needs to concentrate on her in-laws family also. No doubt about it. But a progression that I see is that she is atleast looking happy now among them rather than feeling like she is in no man's land.

Although A was married she still was in Jaitser hence she could meet the Singhs anytime she wanted. She was so dependant on them emotionally that she could not expect to be separated from them. But being in Jaitser was definitly a plus for her. But now that she has moved to Udaipur she realizes what it is to live without them or with a feeling of not seeing them. She has lived almost all her life in Jaitser and moving to a  totally new place without the Singhs around can be difficult.  I can relate to this coz I felt the same when I left my parents to move overseas. Just that the show being a drama, everything is overdramatized. But yes if this crying continues for the next few weeks I will join you in this aspect for sure. Infact I already complaint about it πŸ˜† 

I don't know what the new track has in store but I guess it will concentrate on her building her ties with the Shekhars of which she already is close to CM. She has spent the most time with CM and that reflects in their interaction.

About Khazan, even P's A never bothered to think about her parents. It was only when her mother was dying that they showed her spend some time with them. Her mother's illness which lasted for so long and that eventually led to her death was never known to A until the last. So there according to me, she is in character.

@Bold I totally agree with you. That was not at all nicely done.

(All that I have expressed above has just been the way I have perceived these situations and am in no way saying that, that is what the CVs are trying to convey. Its just my perspective of the story Again its not an argument but just a calm exchange of ideas and thougts πŸ˜†)

Edited by andv - 11 years ago
redapple1 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Good discussion. I love to read different views. I.can understand members who are getting tired of fbs. I was in that position when Anandi used to get flashbacks of Jagya. personally I have seen Anandi do things which I would never do. I never could umderstand how she forgot her own parents trying to please her sasural. I am hoping pretty soon this new Anandi will forget all about Singhs and will accept Shekhars as her new family. As
Also I.dont want to see painful part of her life. How I had wished.she should be happy, now that she is I want to see only her happiness.
Typing on smartphone is
Missesha thumbnail

Anita,  I am glad that I could explain why I feel a disconnect in the character. Thank you for sharing your perspective as well. Enjoyed the discussion. Cheers!!!

andv thumbnail
@Esha: Am glad you and Aparna did express your opinions. Thanks for that as it gives a new perspective to me as well. I always like to get contradicting thoughts coz personally it helps me strike a balance in my thoughts... It was an intersting discussion indeed. 😊 Edited by andv - 11 years ago
aparnauma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Missesha

Third, I am not impressed with Toral's acting. She does not fit into Anandi's shoes in my POV (This is not a biased view ' I am not a great Prat's fan, but I loved the Anandi, Prats and Avika potrayed while Toral is a total different Anandi, for whom I don't have any feelings as yet)

Where is the girl who was once abandoned / pained and has now found happiness in her husband? I don't see that girl in Toral. She looks as if she never had pains in life. The person who she is today is because of her past ' a girl who was soft but had good head over her shoulders, but it doesn't reflect in her behaviour anymore.

The Anandi I knew, was balanced. Even in worst case scenarios she thought of her sasural walon's izzat and did not take J to court. But I don't even see her connecting with Shekhars ' apart from being formal. She gave space to J when he brought Gauri home saying that it's his choice, but now she can bully him over getting married without giving him space.

@bold - I agree.As far as the story goes she just found freedom and joy in her life but that doesn't get reflected in her performance in her scenes post her confession.She does look lie she has been in this state of bliss for a long time which is not the case.May be it is the CVs who are at fault there.
She has not given any thoughts to all the projects that she started post her separation with J.
She was more sad about her leaving Singhs but has not really shown to be thinking about how she would fit in with Sehkhars.
Even forcing J to get married was a little unconvincing.A also saw the POV of others and then gave suggestions accordingly.
Here she just saw it from her perspective rather than from J's perspective.
Her trying to make him see the real  reason behind his refusal to marriage was fine but her going all the way and blackmailing him into marriage is not really A.

She was not just Singh Parivar member leaving the family and going away she was someone who made a lot of contribution to her village and she should be shown worrying about the welfare of those projects too and that was not shown.

I am not a fan of P and there were times even P was very unconvincing in her performance.
But here the characterization is being changed.A not thinking about the bigger picture does not fit in with her character.