Saraswatichandra

Factory Fire Scene SS

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
Rewritten the factory fire scene

Kumud stopped at the entrance of the door nervous and in tears. How could she have been so ignorant so insensitive to another human's pain even if the person in question was a person who had rejected her Saraswathi Chandra.

Kumud's thoughts went back to a few hours back when her father Vidya Chatur was caught in a blazing factory too overwhelmed and shocked to try his own escape. All villagers had just sood outside and were shouting for him to come out instead of going in and rescuing him. Kumud was devastated seeing her father struck in a blazing factory and decided that she will herself rescue him. But as she was trying to enter the factory a stong hand caught her arms and pulled her back. Those hands were of a person she hated who had hurt her pride and ego by rejecting her marriage proposal without even looking at her once Saras.

Kumud was so desperate and scared for her father that she had not contemplated when Saras pulled her down and handed her over to her mother Guniyal and himself ran into the arms of the burning flames to rescue his Vidya Chatur Kaka. Kumud had looked shocked and in tears as Saras somehow managed to reach her father and bring him out of the burning flames. But just as they had reached the door the burning panels of the door threatened to land on them and that is when Saras had forwarded his hand to stop the burning door panels from landing on himself and Viday kaka. Kumud,

Kusum and Guniyal screamed in fear for they felt those blazing panels had landed on their father and husband. Kumud had moved forward and pulled her bapu out of the factory and Guniyal and Kusum surrounded him even as Saras moved out of the door and left the burning panels drop on the floor. Kumari had ran to Saras to look at his burnt hand. Kumud, Kusum and Guniyal were lost in their grief for Vidya Chatur. Kumud left to find a doctor as the others helped Vidya Chatur back to the house even as Saras and Kumari followed behind.

Kumari had taken Saras to his room and tried to soothe the pain of his burning hand by pouring cold water over it even as the others were tensed about Vidya Chatur's health. A lot of smoke had entered his lungs and he was coughing badly. Kumari had ran to his room to find his condition and reported it back to Saras. Saras who asked Kumari to dial his doctor and hold the phone to his ears as he took the doctors advice, instructed kumari to go back and do as the doctor had suggested. Kumari tried what Saras doctor had suggested and Vidya kaka was relieved.

That is when the doctor arrived with Kumud to treat Vidya Chatur and he found him alright. Kumari requested him to check on Saras whose had had burned in that incident and the doctor left to treat Saras in his room. Kumud was overwhelmed at her father being safe and hugged him and cried even as the others left to check on Saras condition. The doctor had suggested Saras treatment and applied cream on his burnt skin before he left the house telling Kumari to get him to the hospital every day for changing the dressing.

This had happened almost half an hour back and Guniyal and badi ma returned to Viday Chatur's room to update him of Saras condition. Vidya Chatur was upset that Saras had injured himself trying to save him and requested Kumud to take care of him. Kumud stood outside the door thinking of all the incidents that took place in the past 2 hours.

Kumari: Saras bhaiya, is it hurting a lottt
Saras: No, its not hurting
Kumari: You are lying right so we do not feel bad. I mean, i can understand how a burn wound pains. I was 5 years old and had touched a hot wood and it was very painful. I am still scared to go near the fire.
Saras smiles: You caught me there. Yes its hurting but since doctor had put ointment not that much
Kumari: Thank God bhaiya, because of you our Vidya kaka is safe. You truly did a son's job than a damad's

Kumud who is standing outside listening to this cannot resist urge to go inside. She walks into Saras room and tells Kumari to get Saras his dinner. Kuamri leaves to get Saras his dinner.
Kumud hesitates: How how is your hand?
Saras: Fine
Kumud hesitates to say sorry and thank you again.
Kumud: III III I ammm
Saras: I am what?
Kumud: I ammm
Saras feels thirsty and stretches to get to the water jug.

Kumud scolds him: You are unwell just sit and tell what you want to me
Saras: To youuu?
Kumud hands him glass of water and Saras drinks it.
Saras pulling her leg: You were saying something
Kumud: That that i was saying I amm I ammm
Saras: I am what?
Kumari walks in with the dinner plate.

Kumud: Kumari feed him dinner and medicine. I will be with bapu and runs off the room.
Kumari: What happened to didi, bhaiya?
Saras: I think she wanted to say thank you buttt
Kumari: Ohhh I think i came in wrong timeee then
Saras: Not really.(thinking) Your kumud didi needs lots of time to say thank youu, sorry. Her ego will never allow her to say such things

Viday Chatur tensed: Kumud, why did you come here? Go and take care of Saras. I am feeling so guilty. We are supposed to take care of that boy instead he risked his life and hands to save me. How will i tell LNV this thing?
Kumud: Kumari is with him bapu, feeding him dinner
VC: I know, but still you must take care of him from today till he gets perfectly well OK
Kumud nods her head.

LNV calls VC: How are you, Vidya?
VC: I am fine thanks to your son Saras(and tells LNV everything about Saras saving him)
LNV: Can i speak to Saras?
VC: Kumud, go give this phone to Saras
Kumud goes to Saras room to hand over the phone.
Kumud: Your father's call

Saras nervous. He never told LNV that he is coming to India.
LNV: Hello hello
Saras: Hello dad
LNV: How are you? You never told you will go to india
Saras: I I
LNV: Vidya told me that your hand is(chokes) burnt, how is your hand?
Saras: Its fine dad, its not that hurt. You do not worry
LNV: Hmmm, Give to Kumud

Saras to Kumud: Daddd
Kumud: Hello hello uncle
LNV: Kumud, take care of Saras please. His mom is not there to take care of him and i am also not there. I will send his mom to India as soon as she gets her visa. Till then please take care of Saras(chokes thinking of his burnt hand). Is his hand burnt badly
Kumud: No uncle, you do not worry. Its not hurt so much you do not get tensed. I am there no(looks at Saras) I mean we all are there we will take care of him
LNV: Thanks, thanks a lot Kumud, God bless you
Kumud: Thanks uncle

LNV: Give to Saras
Kumud hands phone to Saras
LNV: Take care Saras, i will call you tommorow. Good night
Saras: OK dad, good night

Kumud and Saras start getting close to each other as she takes care of him in the next few weeks  till Guman arrives.    
Edited by myviewprem - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vari3241 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Good one ... Wish for some comedy:)