India-Forums

Kuch Toh Log Kehenge
Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

Dress change (Page 6)

ttrocks IF-Stunnerz
ttrocks
ttrocks

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 2:20pm | IP Logged
I loved Nidhi in kurtis-leggings before marriage and loved her wearing sarees/salwar-kameez post-marriage except sometimes her salwaar suits were too simple and of dull colors - Behenji typesOuch Sometimes, I also found it awkward that when Anji is shown wearing western outfits post-marriage also, why isnt Nidhi, especially when Nidhi (KK) looks really beautiful in any attire and carries every outfit equally gracefully. But, I guess, post-marriage she chose to wear saree/Salwaar-kameez thinking that Ashu would like it more and of course to reduce age-gap factor from her part.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

parmarAsonyjknummudraswathiJusticeDenied17

aardhan IF-Sizzlerz
aardhan
aardhan

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 3:19pm | IP Logged
Good, exclusive for ladies post Mudra! LOL

Nidhi wore sarees and anarkalies till she was a new bride and after she rejoined work she has been seen in very simple salwar suits with saree or ananrkali on a special occasion. I think that is quite normal for anyone these days. Anji also wore salwars and saree when she was a new bride, but that track of Ranji with in-laws was short or we may have seen Anji in traditional attire for longer. So to me both girls followed the same route. 

As far as western outfits for Anji, she has been the one to always wear those jeans, tops on a daily basis right from the start.  Before marriage Nidhi wore leggings and kurtis with the occasional jeans to the disco, so Nidhi's outfits were always more traditional than Anji's. Maybe because she grew up with a grand mother? After marriage Anji wore more kurtis w/ her jeans and less of the scraps she used to wear, so there was a change.  Of course Nidhi started wearing full suits rather then separates and the addition of the dupatta was a big one.

I usually wear anything - pant-shirts, jeans-t-shirts, tights-kurti, salwar suit and sarees as the occasion specifies. When I got married I hated the saree, found it very uncomfortable but now I am alright with it, even enjoy it as I wear it so few times in the year.  My husband and in-laws never really interfered with my choice of clothes. When I am in India I mostly wear tights, kurti and salwars.

Edited by aardhan - 08 April 2013 at 5:35pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Veni-Vidi-ViciparmarAsonyjknumttrocksmudraswathiJusticeDenied17

suku_07 IF-Sizzlerz
suku_07
suku_07

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 2:44am | IP Logged
Well most important it depends on the family you are going too.. but still I will continue to wear dresses, suits, jeans etc... Sarees are great fun but not suitable for daily routine..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mudraswathi

Aazeen02 IF-Sizzlerz
Aazeen02
Aazeen02

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 3:28pm | IP Logged
Wow! This is such a cutie post...

I don't think, I wud face any kind of problems wid my dresses, post marriage, bcoz I can adjust wid any types of dresses... I'm used to wearing salwar-kurta/pyjama kurta at home, I'm used to wid wearing jeans-top/kurtis-leggings wen m out... I even wore sarees on some occasions, n frankly I love sarees... So I can do wid any dress n work wid it, only limiting, I cant cover my head wid the pallu, that they show on some daily soaps... I cant handle my dupatta/ saree-pallu lying idly on my head, n it keeps slipping off my head, that is ridiculous... If I have to do that, from dat day on I'll start wearing scarf/ hijaab then...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Veni-Vidi-Vici

Aazeen02 IF-Sizzlerz
Aazeen02
Aazeen02

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 3:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ttrocks

Lovely post Mudraji!! Loved the suits and saree images and the lady in blue saree pic very much!!Big smile

My college life till last 2 semesters went with wearing all styles of jeans-tshirts (of course very decent) and wearing salwaarkameez once in a blue moonBig smile Saree only on a Saree Day. When placements started in last 2 sem, we were asked to come in formals, hence had to wear salwaar suits more often. And, when my marriage was fixed, acco. to family tradition, my MIL had clearly instructed me to learn to wear Saree and manage daily chores with wearing itLOL because they wanted me to wear Saree. No western dress was allowed at all. And, I loved/still love wearing Sarees; have all types of sarees in my collection - with all matching accessories Embarrassed Till I was in India,with my in-laws, I used to wear sarees only. Even these days also, whenever I am in India, I wear salwaar suits mostly or Saree -- no western outfit at all except when I arrive and depart. The good thing is, my MIL who wore Saree all her life since her teens, have started wearing Salwaar kameez since last 3 years!! Big smile Here, weather permits, am seen in capris/leggings/jeans/sweatpants and tshirts/kurtis/sweatshirts.Big smile

Tupu di, what kind of sarees u wore post-marriage? The normal Ulte palle ki saree, that most of us wear, or the typical Gujrati style sarees, with seedha pallu?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Veni-Vidi-Vicimudraswathittrocks

Veni-Vidi-Vici IF-Sizzlerz
Veni-Vidi-Vici
Veni-Vidi-Vici

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 6:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Aazeen02

I don't think, I wud face any kind of problems wid my dresses, post marriage, bcoz I can adjust wid any types of dresses... I'm used to wearing salwar-kurta/pyjama kurta at home, I'm used to wid wearing jeans-top/kurtis-leggings wen m out... I even wore sarees on some occasions, n frankly I love sarees... So I can do wid any dress n work wid it, only limiting, I cant cover my head wid the pallu, that they show on some daily soaps... I cant handle my dupatta/ saree-pallu lying idly on my head, n it keeps slipping off my head, that is ridiculous... If I have to do that, from dat day on I'll start wearing scarf/ hijaab then...

you like sarees...Clap.wish I could be like that...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

mudraswathiJusticeDenied17

Aazeen02 IF-Sizzlerz
Aazeen02
Aazeen02

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 10:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Vidishaa

Originally posted by Aazeen02

you like sarees...Clap.wish I could be like that...
I really don't get, y u all dislike saree so much...? I agree, salwar-kameez, pants-tops/kurtis are more comfortable then them, yet, aisa nahi hai, ke I have any problem wid sarees... May be coz its in my blood... At my paternal side, mostly sarees were worn... My grand mom, till her last breath at the age of 91, wore sarees only... And my mom took it quite graciously, wen she had to be wid her in-laws, she wore sarees sometime, n salwar-suits the other... But occassions par, no chance... Sarees only.. Now, coz after a lot of health problems, mom has started getting irritated wid sarees, yet she loves them...

Even my elder sis took wearing sarees, if only on occasions, wid quite love... She being studying in south India, has to wear saree at every occasion, n also during exams... She too got used...

So maybe...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

mudraswathittrocks

Go to top