Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

I am neither very glamourous nor dressy : Yami

-Aysha- IF-Sizzlerz
-Aysha-
-Aysha-

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 4:50am | IP Logged

I am neither very glamourous nor dressy: Yaami Gautam
I am neither very glamourous nor dressy: Yaami Gautam

Yaami Gautam on her debut movie Vicky Donor winning the National Award, her future projects and how her family keeps her grounded

Vicky Donor has won the National Award for Best Film in wholesome entertainment. How do you explain a movie based on sperm donation winning a National Award?
The success of Vicky Donor reflects our social progress. It wasn't considered sleazy. Director Shoojit Sircar did a wonderful job in his treatment of a delicate subject. We, as actors, knew his aim to make the film was pure. It's especially amazing the way childless couples have responded to the film.

While both Ayushmann and you were appreciated, he has bagged more awards.
It's unfair to compare Ayushmann and me. I am very happy that Ayushmann has got his due but I also have got due recognition. I am not very active on social networking sites but the genuine compliments I have received for my work spell success for me.

Is the competition amongst debutante actresses intense?
Last year, there were a large number of debutantes. Winning awards or for that matter even a nomination, has been a big deal. I don't have a film background. I consider myself really lucky to have made a space for myself.

Vicky Donor producer John Abraham is shooting with Shoojit Sircar for their next, Madras Cafe, with another heroine, Nargis Fakhri. Why weren't you considered for that film?
I was never approached for Madras Cafe. I think the casting is apt.

Like Ayushmann, your Aman Ki Asha co-star, Ali Zafar, too is a singer-actor. What is it with actor-singers and you?
(Laughs) I have watched Ali in Coke Studio Pakistan. He is as fabulous an actor as a singer.

Would you want to try your hand at singing?
I can sing, if I get a chance. But it's not the right time now.

Aman Ki Asha is a remake of a Spanish love story. Did you watch that film, before shooting?
Yes, and I loved it. The film is not a love saga, it is relevant to our times and is in the rom-com space.

You have acted in a Kannada film Ullasa Utsaha before Vicky Donor. Were you contemplating a career there?
I am still doing regional films. One of my upcoming movies is a bilingual. Language can't be a barrier to creativity.

Several TV actors try to make a career in films but fail, what is the mantra of making it big in Bollywood?
My mantra is that I never tried. There was a little bit of planning, and I wouldn't hesitate to say luck also played its role. But I was never desperate.

From being a TV actor to Bollywood actor what has changed for you?
The level of recognition has changed. I have to work harder and am busier. The expectation and competition is more. But amid all this, you need to remain true to yourself.

Would you say your life is peaceful?
I am largely at peace and the credit goes to my family and very close friends. When I have a problem, I know my family and friends are there for me. I don't discuss work at home. Films are a part of my life, not my life.

You have a very unique name. What does it mean?
It is derived from Yamraj's sister, Yaami. And it also means Antar Yaami - the one who knows everything.

Which onscreen character is the closest to the real Yaami Gautam?
I relate to Anne Hathaway's character in Devil Wears Prada - I am neither very glamourous nor dressy; I am simple.

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

tanya12-SMay31-AblazedEnigma..PeraltaGarrantyaish.bambogliruky786Gauahargeous_NTony_StraK786MR.KooL

bambogli IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 5:39am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

.Anamika.Dhin-Chakaish.LeadNitrate

MR.KooL IF-Addictz
MR.KooL
MR.KooL

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 5:42am | IP Logged
Yami looks so Yummy Heart

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

don12-Aysha-Tony_StraK786

togepe30 IF-Stunnerz
togepe30
togepe30

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 5:44am | IP Logged
Shez adorable and comes across as down to earth..

We like " Sincere" too Yaami...Dont bother being dressy !!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Aysha-bambogli

PeraltaGarranty IF-Sizzlerz
PeraltaGarranty
PeraltaGarranty

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 5:50am | IP Logged
She is awesome! a very sweet person
I always feel bad that ayushman took away loads of the accolades yami deserved it too
also for the stars who made an easier transition from TV to movies she is one of the only tv actresses to do so yet i never see her get mentioned anywhere its always sushant and ayushman hell barun gets mentioned with that crappy film with no distributors
I hope aman ki asha is a success ali seems to make really crappy movies a success so surprised with CB BO LOL

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

-Aysha-aish.bambogliruky786togepe30TheRager

ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 10:16am | IP Logged
She's so pretty :)
Haeyeol IF-Dazzler
Haeyeol
Haeyeol

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 10:24am | IP Logged
iS IT ME ..or the newer lot are not very dressy.. 

Yami, Parineeti, Huma, Sonakshi..Also there are less pagaent queens joining bollywood ATM. 
 they all dress really casual.. they seem really relatable.. but then Time will change them too.. 

with getting put on limelight all the time and getting the hang of hair n makeup ..they will learn as time goes by how to dress n all.
LeadNitrate IF-Sizzlerz
LeadNitrate
LeadNitrate

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 10:48am | IP Logged
It takes a lot to impress me, but maybe because I was more naive  and easily starstruck 5 yrs back, I  am quite impressed by yami's charishma.
The first time, she appeared on tv screen in a mythological costume, I was awestruck. She is very beautiful and has something which some other pretty telly actresses lack. she has presence. She can hook your eyes to her and she is quite glam imo.

Too much gushing,LOL she needs to improve her fashion sense and also brush her acting up a bit more.

Go to top