Chhan Chhan

India-Forums

Chhan Chhan
Chhan Chhan

ChhanChhan - typical Saas Bahu show? (Page 7)

DiyaS IF-Sizzlerz
DiyaS
DiyaS

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 3:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Senorita Sanaya

I loved what you posted Diya Dogs AT encyclopedia LOL
I will not reply in detail right away because this post needs a proper response & I am in hurry at present to do so.

Thanks, Senorita Tongue Which reminds me, I need to pay a visit to the Dogs AT to mark my appreciation for the stars of the episode LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pugletOmNaMaSteOm

DiyaS IF-Sizzlerz
DiyaS
DiyaS

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 3:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by princessunara

ditto!! agree to everything u said! so i have a slight problem..

IPk also had a saas as well as a bahu. now that did not make it a saas bahu story right?

in CC too the only similarity i see to saas-bahus hows is that.. i am thinking of making a topic when i get home... lemme think what i want to put in!
thanks for the idea!! Embarrassed

I am having same problem ... can we please have a show where the protagonists don't have any relatives and have dropped from the heavens directly? Then maybe there will be no saas bahu element LOL

Besides, I think Uma Ben is very Machiavellian as of now ... she would scorn to indulge in normal saas bahu type scheming ... she controls her bahus far more cleverly than that.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Pallavi-pink.lotusprincessunara

-Pallavi- Goldie
-Pallavi-
-Pallavi-

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 9:02am | IP Logged
Nice points raised Dia.

CC for the time being is a good show with a good story line crafted. For the story to continue they have crafted many characters. And as an actress, SI should explore more than love stories. Thankfully, she didn't get to play a submissive role which is quite dominant on TV. 

I like CC. It has a good content. Actors are doing good job. It has various types of characters. What else is needed for a good show?

Edited by -Pallavi- - 09 April 2013 at 9:03am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

pink.lotusDiyaSNewbiesoapfanGuinea

LivingInPajamas IF-Rockerz
LivingInPajamas
LivingInPajamas

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 9:26am | IP Logged
Haven't been watching the past few episodes because of lack of electricity in the blessed place that is my hometownLOL

BUT I loved your post. Whoever is stating CC as a typical Saas Bahu show can do so but I initially felt it was different. My best friend told me herself after seeing only the first episode "Arre Yaar ye to saas Bahu wala show hai". I of course couldn't say anything to her, being teenagers she would probably stick to a love story.

I on the other hand being a teenager with a bent of mind[Or Atleast what my friends thinkLOL] and hence I stuck to CC. There are a whole lot of shows where the evil of dowry is being touched upon but the common denominator as you suggested is that "illiteracy" is shown as a reason. Uma behn on the other hand made me relate to the situation immediately because she is not exactly from an illiterate or poor household plus the fact that dowry Wasnt being portrayed as taken "directly" ,if  you know what i mean.It was referred to be in the form of a "gift" to the daughter, something that is used to hide the fact that dowry is dowry after all.This obviously shows that many of the social evils are not necessarily rooted in small towns or villages with uneducated classes.A perception that needs to change.

The point you mentioned about bribes being offered in religious places is something which disgusts me. It is so annoying and unfair to realise that one stands in long lines to get into a religious place which has barely air to breathe while the so called "VIP"s can cheat their way through by having the privilege to clear the entire area.

What of "God has created us as equals" then?

*sigh* A whole lot of blabbering was not intended. I just loved the post you see, please ignore my sermon where it sounds utter nonsensical :P

-Risha

Edited by Amethyst. - 09 April 2013 at 9:27am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

DiyaSNewbiesoapfanprincessunara

DiyaS IF-Sizzlerz
DiyaS
DiyaS

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 10:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Pallavi-

Nice points raised Dia.

CC for the time being is a good show with a good story line crafted. For the story to continue they have crafted many characters. And as an actress, SI should explore more than love stories. Thankfully, she didn't get to play a submissive role which is quite dominant on TV. 

I like CC. It has a good content. Actors are doing good job. It has various types of characters. What else is needed for a good show?

Hey Pallavi Hug
Am enjoying the many characters .. I hope they stay around and get due screen space and proper tracks ... with this PH, I am hopeful. The characters are being unfolded slowly ... the show is picking up for sure. I am enjoying it every day.

Sanaya has done a wise thing by opting for this after two love stories back to back. She will widen her audience base and this will add yet another facet to her repertoire ... which is pretty wide as it is .

-Pallavi-princessunara

DiyaS IF-Sizzlerz
DiyaS
DiyaS

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 10:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Amethyst.

Haven't been watching the past few episodes because of lack of electricity in the blessed place that is my hometownLOL

BUT I loved your post. Whoever is stating CC as a typical Saas Bahu show can do so but I initially felt it was different. My best friend told me herself after seeing only the first episode "Arre Yaar ye to saas Bahu wala show hai". I of course couldn't say anything to her, being teenagers she would probably stick to a love story.

I on the other hand being a teenager with a bent of mind[Or Atleast what my friends thinkLOL] and hence I stuck to CC. There are a whole lot of shows where the evil of dowry is being touched upon but the common denominator as you suggested is that "illiteracy" is shown as a reason. Uma behn on the other hand made me relate to the situation immediately because she is not exactly from an illiterate or poor household plus the fact that dowry Wasnt being portrayed as taken "directly" ,if  you know what i mean.It was referred to be in the form of a "gift" to the daughter, something that is used to hide the fact that dowry is dowry after all.This obviously shows that many of the social evils are not necessarily rooted in small towns or villages with uneducated classes.A perception that needs to change.

The point you mentioned about bribes being offered in religious places is something which disgusts me. It is so annoying and unfair to realise that one stands in long lines to get into a religious place which has barely air to breathe while the so called "VIP"s can cheat their way through by having the privilege to clear the entire area.

What of "God has created us as equals" then?

*sigh* A whole lot of blabbering was not intended. I just loved the post you see, please ignore my sermon where it sounds utter nonsensical :P

-Risha

Thanks for posting ... no, it was not blabbering at all Big smile  I think this week has shown clearly that it will not be a typical saas bahu show ... if people still think so, then it's their perception, can't be helped. It's already brought up two controversial issues ... dowry and bribery ... let's see what more are brought up. It is a light hearted show but not a comedy ... there is a difference.

pink.lotusprincessunara

mads IF-Sizzlerz
mads
mads

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 10:51am | IP Logged
I read a few reviews that were posted around, questioning the fate f this show that may have prompted up these questions among people... the problem is that since time immemorial, daily soap is equivalent to saas bahu saga, because one cannot simply make a show that runs on for years together without the involvement of these two characters and family issues...those that run for a short while have NEVER been shows of this genre,, so invariably, ALL the shows that have been dailies and have the elements of families in it and have run on for more than a couple of years either ARE saas bahu shows to begin with or turn into one pretty soon..because there is no other way that they can proceed..

so the moment one hears a daily show, plus involvement of khadus/evil saas and sweet bahu (may or may not be meek) and huge conservative families, they immediately make up their minds that its a saas-bahu show...and the have plenty of previous examples to support their thoughts.. so I wouldn't say that the reaction is exactly abnormal.. 

Whether or not chanchan falls into that category remains to be seen.. the only thing that promises me that it will be otherwise is the previous work from this PH..although 'saas bina sasuraal' was a show without saas, so no danger of it turning into oneLOL men can never be as entertaining in terms of melodrama as women are LOL and only when one sees clearly through the characters in chanchan, can one see that the saas is actually NOT evil, as you have rightfully pointed out diya.. "bhagwaan sabka bhala karein, lekin shuruvaat mujhse karein".. is not just a dialogue said coz it sounds good to the ears...it is vintage umaben.. that she does care for the world, but only after her own needs and desires are satisfied... the fact that she did, inspite of everything, look for a nice groom (in her own eyes) for purvi, one of her employee's daughter, shows she does care about the people... that she tried to force it on him later on when he didn't want it to happen is another issue.. but the fact remains that she did.. plus I am sure many of the elderly women out there will definitely empathise with her...because she is doing nothing wrong in their eyes..for people who have been strongly believing in something for 50 years, suddenly changing all those ideologies and being told to do so especially by someone half their age, is not just ludicrous to their mind, but even insulting...it will take some time for them to change their mindset...and I can safely say that the day when chanchan manages to change umaben's mindset to the point that umaben reaches atleast halfway to where chanchan is..is the day this show comes to an end.. and THAT would make this show different.. rather than just beinging about different aspects of family politics, they have actually generated a hope amongst the audience that a normal girl CAN bring about a change in the society by being herself.. 

the only problem that I feel here is that right now, uma ben is tooo blackish whereas chanchan is too white-ish.. whatever chanchan does, goes therefore in the 'mahaan' category.. also I feel the dialogues praising chanchan every other minute for whatever she does can be a bit too much.. let only her deeds speak and nobody else.. but since this is just the second week and I'm sure the makers want to desperately imprint chanchan is people's minds, I'll give them the benefit of doubt.. and I'd love to see more shades of umaben..already we have some - for all her strict ideologies, she is a very sweet and loving grandmother to her grandchildren...and also an equally loving mother to her daughter..that her daughter is not the ideal daughter is another issueLOL manav is clearly the apple of her eye...can see why she agrees chanchan-manav marriage now.. 

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

-Pallavi-Siestapink.lotuspugletDiyaS-Drishti-Newbiesoapfanprincessunara

anamunir Goldie
anamunir
anamunir

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 1:09pm | IP Logged
loved ur post diya!!!!
 i know one thing fr sure even if CC turns out to b a sas bahu show it'll still b different frm all the showes!!!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

DiyaS

Go to top