Chhan Chhan

India-Forums

Chhan Chhan
Chhan Chhan

ChhanChhan - typical Saas Bahu show? (Page 6)

DiyaS IF-Sizzlerz
DiyaS
DiyaS

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 10:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SanayaIsBest

Well thought and writtenClap

Originally posted by .Swetha.

Well written

Thank you! Big smile

DiyaS IF-Sizzlerz
DiyaS
DiyaS

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 10:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tvshowfan

Diya loved you  post 
The issue with daily  soap is  
The leafs  have to getmaried  in the show asap so that  the ml and fl can be in the same sceneLOL
You do need villain so  when leads  r married    Who else is better than ml,s monLOL

Only  some shows like jessy jaisa koi nahi  went  on office track  rather than home track sorry correct me if i am wrongCry

About dowry  and mil  and  so many issues  the main issue  is still majority   Will go with the flow  hence  in cc i would like  to know  how  they will keep  the  mahan  and real cc  balance  and  this is the uniqueness of the show.

Sharu ...  you have a very practical approach to soap making ... define end point, then define the means LOL 
I wish we could get a good office based show ... but that seems like a dream Confused

But @bold ... that is going to be a real tight rope walk ... and like you said, the uniqueness of the show depends on that.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

princessunara

princessunara IF-Stunnerz
princessunara
princessunara

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 11:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by DiyaS

Hey Sunara Hug 

Like a lot of people here have said, I need to also figure out what exactly is the definition of saas bahu show Tongue    Is it strict saas vs crying silently suffering bahu ... is it evil vs good ... is it tradition vs modernity - bearing in mind that modernity is usually taken as the evil in Indian telly, and tradition is taken as good LOL so modern being good is in itself quite a revolutionary thought. Not too many bahus have brought revolution by dropping their pallus ... as Chhanchhan seems all set to do LOL  my brain is going round and round amnd i am feeling like Silly tryying to figure this out myself!! ROFL for me i thought a saas-bahu shw was a gopi vahuuu part 2 not this 'i wear skinny jeans and ride a scooty and fight against injustice and don't mind even if it is an elder if they r wrong i will tell' bahu.. does a jansiki rani who is a cutie pie fall in to the same category as a ''maji maji  bahus? or does a rishwath dena MIl fall in to the same category as the morally high MILs of TV like Kokila ben? i am conphused yaar!! LOL    

I didn't remember the Lajja story till you reminded me ... for dowry, there is a real life example of Nisha Sharma who called the police to her wedding mandap and got her in-laws arrested for their last minute dowry demands ... after her many girls got the courage to stand against dowry demands ... 
wow applause to her!ClapClapClap n in Satyamev Jayate also it happened right? there was this one girl who had done it and then put an advert that she would that day marry a guy who would not ask dowry! she came to the show with her hubby with whom she is living vry happily now! her hubby was very proud to claim her as a wife when he got to know what she had done!! 

So yes, here the characters are pretty true to life ... including Uma Ben, who represents a many people who misuse their power and their money ... not necessarily to commit major crimes ... but a lot of wrongdoing all under the umbrella of "tradition". And it's not easy to change such people.

ditto!! agree to everything u said! so i have a slight problem..

IPk also had a saas as well as a bahu. now that did not make it a saas bahu story right?

in CC too the only similarity i see to saas-bahus hows is that.. i am thinking of making a topic when i get home... lemme think what i want to put in!
thanks for the idea!! Embarrassed

DiyaS

Arshi.Sugi.IPK IF-Stunnerz
Arshi.Sugi.IPK
Arshi.Sugi.IPK

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 12:03am | IP Logged
Nice post  Smile well written Smile

DiyaS

KeyCat Goldie
KeyCat
KeyCat

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 12:07am | IP Logged
Not at all!!!!!!
Deals with Indian social issues and low thinking of ppl!

DiyaS

Naz_nisar IF-Sizzlerz
Naz_nisar
Naz_nisar

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 12:37am | IP Logged
Awesome post Clap

DiyaS

OmNaMaSteOm IF-Sizzlerz
OmNaMaSteOm
OmNaMaSteOm

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 1:20am | IP Logged
I loved what you posted Diya Dogs AT encyclopedia LOL
I will not reply in detail right away because this post needs a proper response & I am in hurry at present to do so.

DiyaS

DiyaS IF-Sizzlerz
DiyaS
DiyaS

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 3:18am | IP Logged

@arshi-sugi-ipk ...Thanks! Big smile

Originally posted by KeyCat

Not at all!!!!!!
Deals with Indian social issues and low thinking of ppl!

Exactly! But unfortunately if a show has a saas and a bahu at loggerheads, it is automatically labelled saas bahu drama ... even if it not about kitchen politics.

@Naz_nisar ... thanks! Big smile

Go to top