India-Forums

Eggless BAKING...???

-allizwell- IF-Sizzlerz
-allizwell-
-allizwell-

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 11:26pm | IP Logged
Hi Guys...Big smile

First of all,  any idea, whether there is  a daily update? As  I am a bit confused reg. the eggless baking ideas discussed in the episode yest. ...ConfusedI wud like to try the pumpkin muffins and i have certain doubts...

1. Shipra suggested 1 cup yoghurt... so it wud mean 3 eggs = 1 cup yoghurt ... right??

2. She added just the baking powder and no baking soda, I usually  add  both baking soda and baking powder  for my eggless cakes, but have never experimented along  with yoghurt. so will it be safe to try adding the soda too  along with the yoghurt as suggested by devyani?

3. Nisha specified the substitutes, but i din get what she said. tried to check the link, but still clueless...

4. For oil , the 2 big spoons oil... meant tbsp or the scooped ones...Wacko?? 

5. the baking time was not specified, so we can do the normal way of checking it out every now and then with the toothpick , right??

Sorry if my doubts sound silly...Ermm... but with baking, i try to be always specific , else it ruins all the efforts...Ouch
Thanks...!!

Edited by -allizwell- - 07 April 2013 at 11:28pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

hamzanuha

hamzanuha IF-Dazzler
hamzanuha
hamzanuha

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 12:53am | IP Logged
I didn't watch the episode completely, but they weren't exactly specific about the substitutions.

Usually it's 1/4 cup oil = 1 egg

Hope it helps!

-allizwell-

-allizwell- IF-Sizzlerz
-allizwell-
-allizwell-

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 1:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by hamzanuha

I didn't watch the episode completely, but they weren't exactly specific about the substitutions.

Usually it's 1/4 cup oil = 1 egg

Hope it helps!

Thanks Rana, that was a great help...Big smile...the website is awesome...!

(off-post..It's been a long time , have not seen u around after the parvarish forum... i cud not view it regularly and then forum visits came to a halt...but u were not seen there either... am i right??Big smile)

hamzanuha

hamzanuha IF-Dazzler
hamzanuha
hamzanuha

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 1:29am | IP Logged
You're welcome, Laxmi Smile

Wasn't active on IF till MC, also cutdown totally on TV since kids exams were on. Now just following Balh & a padosi 24hr cookery channel.( Find the recipes to be totally suited to home cooking.) Not much interesting on TV anyways.

-allizwell-

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index