Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

TALAASH- believable or, another faulty storyline? (Page 7)

New_nova IF-Rockerz
New_nova
New_nova

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 10:58pm | IP Logged

I didn't like much when I show first time. But later when I show it second time  I really enjoyed film and it's  emotional values.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

.Sad.But.True.bambogli-allizwell-.Mishh007.glace-bleue

khamosshhh IF-Sizzlerz
khamosshhh
khamosshhh

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 11:05pm | IP Logged
I was most disappointed with Talaash. Don't even know Y? Maybe coz I already knew the ending b4 watching or coz one expects too much frm an Aamir film.

As far as ghosts r concerned I don't believe in dem, though as a typical teenager me and my frnds did indulge in all tht candle light stuffs and all and at tht time it did seem real, but now it all seems surreal.ConfusedLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Sad.But.True.

nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 11:19pm | IP Logged

I really liked Talaash! Yes, the story seems a bit slow at some places but I guess it was cos they were trying to build the character and plot well.. and they succeeded in that. Even supporting roles like Temur were well etched out. The songs fit in so well in the story.

Maybe I enjoyed Talash cos I had read a lot about it not being so good etc etc so my expectations from the film were not that high. I can never understand why Raj Kumar Yadav did that small role in the movie though.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-allizwell-.Sad.But.True.bambogli.Mishh007.

.Sad.But.True. IF-Sizzlerz
.Sad.But.True.
.Sad.But.True.

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 11:24pm | IP Logged
I loved Aamir's redemption and his inner turmoil..He was brilliant there..Kareena was awesome and Rani also did full justice..I just love the emotional depth in this film..I am glad Aamir tried something different as always =)

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

bambogli-allizwell-.Mishh007.glace-bleue

krystal_watz IF-Sizzlerz
krystal_watz
krystal_watz

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 11:39pm | IP Logged
@chocolover83: DITTO!
The film was a winner with its emotional scenes--unbelievably natural and empathetic.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-allizwell-bambogli

Mistyy IF-Sizzlerz
Mistyy
Mistyy

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 12:14am | IP Logged
i liked the movie, even though i figured out the suspense in between the movie. It was an intelligent movie, the only thing is ppl were expecting a thriller and it turned out to be supernatural. Though i dont know how can they promote this kind of movie without giving out a plot.

Edited by dazzelll - 08 April 2013 at 12:17am

-allizwell-bambogli

-allizwell- IF-Sizzlerz
-allizwell-
-allizwell-

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 12:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by don12

I think movie was more about Suspense-Drama rather than " who dun it "movie...Its just not about Kareena kapoor avenging her death but its about closure Aamir Khan gets regarding his son's death in the end,,,

People who went thinking its another Kahani kinda thriller movie were disappointed..people like me loved the movie...

Agreeing with u and blue-ice...Smile

I loved it... I admire the guts of Reema and Zoya for the marvellous script, such a brilliant mysterious story which in turn is a realisation of  the inner turmoil of the character Suri... It was absolutely stunning to see the grip of the suspense being held thru.out the movie... and i did love the climax... many of the stuffs which we feel spooky,not relatable, do exist... Sadly seeing is believing... and one tends to rub it the other way...! But when the human senses hit the edge, the doors of thinking beyond begin...!That's when one starts in BELIEVING...!

Some things r beyond human reasoning...so well portrayed  by the characters Suri and Roshni...! loved it...!

Kareena's acting skills showed up superb... after her JAB we MET...!

Every character in the movie was so important to the narration and have strong screen presence... and damn realistic...!

Edited by -allizwell- - 08 April 2013 at 12:49am

.Sad.But.True..Mishh007.

-allizwell- IF-Sizzlerz
-allizwell-
-allizwell-

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 12:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chocolover89

The issue with Talaash wasn't really that its not believable. Heck 90% of BW films are unbelievable in one way or the other but we still love them. Btw, Reema said the stroy of Talaash is true...as in the supernatural part..it's inspired by some true story.

The problem was Talaash tried to do too many things at the same time...it tried to be this redemption story, have a whodunit story, PLUS a supernatural bit as well...and in trying to do all that, it failed to do justice to 2 out of the 3 genres. I found the last climax scene with Kareena rescuing Aamir in the water so laughable..I would have accepted everything, but that weird end was too much. Someone tell the Akhtars to release the alternate ending please.

That being said, Aamir's journey of redemption and getting over his guilt was very nicely done. I enjoyed that a lot. Kudos to Reema and Zoya for the writing there!

@bold

I guess that was a vital part for the character SURI to WITNESS and ACCEPT that she was a spirit ...His shocked gesture when she rescued him was an ACT which stated this... realisation and acceptance.  Also a FACT for him to believe how others got  trapped and even he wud have been ... if not for some supernatural  power...!

The very ANSWER to the film's title " TALAASH" ... ENDED there... !

Any other climax wud have not this effect as it showed up on Suri. I think it is justified...Smileprovided we don't bring in the thot of glamourous  Rozy  rescuing the brilliant, strong Suri...LOL

Edited by -allizwell- - 08 April 2013 at 12:47am

.Sad.But.True..Mishh007.

Go to top