Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Salman's 2 BlockBusters - Ready/BodyGuard (Page 5)

Chameli_billi IF-Sizzlerz
Chameli_billi
Chameli_billi

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 12:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .DejaVu

Originally posted by Dexterkilaila

Originally posted by kitkataha

I've not seen Ready. Bodyguard worked sheerly because of the frenzy that surrounded it. The teri meri song, Salman's surgery (blv it or not, that favored it), and the Eid holiday. When I first read how the movie made so many crores in 3 days, I had to go to the nearby theater to see what was the big deal.LOL

You know, with Salman films, I have realized that you can watch them in the theater and the experience is not half as bad unlike when you're watching it in on tv. I had seen Bodyguard with a couple of friends (or more like I dragged them), and I didn't particularly hate myself after it. It was alright, plus the songs were good. But then when it was on TV, I tried watching it with my sister because she had no seen it and it was just boring. 

That makes a lot of sense! Where you watch it makes a lot of difference in Salman's films. I'm sure I'll dislike Ready if I watch it on TV again but like Bodyguard if it screens in the theater. 

Even a shittiest movie when watched in theatre seems OK. The point is that Salman has the ability to drive hordes of ppl to theatre. His larger than life image has the pull.

Not really. I watched Break ke Baad in the theatre 2-3 years ago and hated it. So walked out...almost. Same for Love aaj kal. I remember those two because I don't watch too many Hindi movies at the theatre.

Edited by Dexterkilaila - 07 April 2013 at 12:59pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

kitkatahad-_-b

.Omkara. IF-Addictz
.Omkara.
.Omkara.

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 1:01pm | IP Logged
Salman's Star Power / His Charisma can at best get

= Opening Day Biggest = 21 cr for BG / 33 cr for ETT

May be it can be stretched to 1st BIG Weekend or u can say 1 WEEK.

But, if u see the Final BO Collections of those 5 films, it is not "TUKKA" or just a chance that those movies got that much huge success.

If only Salman fans can make this much huge success, he would have many more ATBB/HITS in his career than he is having at the moment.

Just Dabangg or u can say ETT got some DECENT REVIEWS From Critics, Media Praise... which in today's time many films get in extra large quantities, still those 5 films are loved by audience.

OJ6.0wat_up

kitkataha IF-Rockerz
kitkataha
kitkataha

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 1:04pm | IP Logged
Yea, I walked out of Garam Masala, DesiBoyz and RabNeBanaDi...but I walked out of RabNe to go into the hall next door because Ghajini was playing. LOL There's no way I am wasting my three hrs sitting in a hall to painfully finish a movie. 

ILoveDramaChameli_billi

Heisenberg. IF-Dazzler

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 1:05pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
.Omkara. IF-Addictz
.Omkara.
.Omkara.

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 1:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Heisenberg.

Salman Khan already had two previous blockbusters, Wanted and Dabangg, plus him hosting Dus Ka Dum and Bigg Boss helped increasing his popularity a lot, people underestimate this, this is how audience connected with Salman.

Ready may have been liked by families and kids, and yet at the same time, a lot families, kids and old people disliked it.  By the time Ready was released, Salman already had a craze after him.

And if you still don't believe me, just answer this question, would Ready had been a hit if Upen Patel had starred in it?

Wanted was Salman's SmashHit after many flops, it was 2009's 1st Superhit film for him, he literally bring back Single Screen Audience back to halls.

Next came 3 films - MAMK, LD & VEER before Dabangg.

1 was Disaster n 2 were Average movies. Next came Dabangg ATBB.

TV Shows as u mentioned were very helpful, agree :) 

Now Ready was a Non-Holiday Release after last Release on EID 2010, almost 10 months gap between 2 releases. It was Non-Holiday Release.

Salman craze which you were talking helped the film to get Biggest Non-Holiday Opening, Weekend n Week... but what make that film reach 122 cr was Audience love for that movie, if that was such a bad movie, it would at best had made only 70-80 cr at best with just a HIT tag, like last 3 srk films doing the business.

& Shashi, don't ask the stupid question if Upen was doing or not, My thread is not asking question on Salman Khan doing it or not, i am emphasizing the fact that Salman Khan alone standing 2 hrs on screen can't make movie that much huge success, film was loved by Salman+ lot other factors also n this much.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sanju_

wat_up IF-Stunnerz
wat_up
wat_up

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 1:14pm | IP Logged
I liked Ready as it was easy to enjoy with my relatives and cousins. Though liked BG more as was a simple love story.but sweet

Edited by wat_up - 07 April 2013 at 1:14pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Omkara.

Heisenberg. IF-Dazzler

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 1:21pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

reemacraTiyali

don12 Goldie
don12
don12

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 1:21pm | IP Logged
Ready:
Comedy of Errors...i liked all the characters in the movie...
Music
Entire Family could enjoy the movie.

Ready was one of the few movies which did better in 2nd week...

Bodyguard:

Fantastic love story...
Climax when Salman goes to meet Raj babbar is very touching..Emotion worked big time
Music was fantastic

Love Story worked for me.

I watched both movies online...I fwded one or two scenes here n there hence i liked both the movies.

Edited by don12 - 07 April 2013 at 1:22pm

Tiyali.Omkara.

Go to top