Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Salman's 2 BlockBusters - Ready/BodyGuard (Page 4)

-Castiel- Senior Member
-Castiel-
-Castiel-

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 12:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mr.KaminA

Ok :)

After Smash HIt WANTED, Salman did Sleep Walk in MAMK, which was a disaster, Average - LD & VEER... how come star power or his charisma which magazine write couldn't work for those 3 movies which came after a Superhit "Wanted", while it is unstoppable after "Dabangg".

As I said, I don't have a definitive answer to the questions you posed. The most likely scenario is that it is a mixture of different things. I like Anastasia's answer so I am going to steal itLOL

Originally posted by anastasia211092

1.Salman and his star power.
2.Music.Both the movies had good music.
3.Action and Comedy.People tend to favor these kind of movies.
4.Holidays.
5.Strong promotions.

A mixture of all of the above probably explains why these two movies were such big hits. I don't think there can be ONE single variable that is the answer. It has to be a mix =]

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ILoveDramaForeverSHINeeOJ6.0.Omkara.

OJ6.0 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 12:47pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ForeverSHINee

.Omkara. IF-Addictz
.Omkara.
.Omkara.

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 12:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Heisenberg.

The answer is simple - Salman Khan.  Salman Khan has acquired a demi-god status in the subcontinent, it won't be long now before they'll declare him the 11th avtaar of Vishnu and build temples in his name, and sing his bhajans all day long, we can already see a glimpse of that here.

In other words, these films work because of Salman Khan.  His recent success has catapulted him to superstar status in the subcontinent like never before.  People go to watch Salman Khan, they don't care about the plot, acting, logic etc, if they filmed him shitting all day long in the toilet, that would make 100 crores too.

Neither Bodyguard nor Ready would've made 100 crores if it starred the likes of Neil Nitin Mukesh, or my favourite example, Upen Patel. LOL

Ready was 2nd release after the big ATBB "Dabangg", Neither Salman was playing or doing some kind of Chulbul Pandey kind of role, for which Audience will go mad again.

It was a Simple Rom/Com promoted movie, funny scenes, dialogues, action scenes... There was nothing special in trailers for which Audience greeted "READY" with a BlockBuster Success.

Salman acquired this status after giving 5 back 2 back BlockBuster, while with "Ready" it was pressure on him 2 repeat the Dabangg Magic. It Opened on a Non-Holiday, biggest risk, no eid-diwali-xmas to gain more viewers, still it became huge success from day 1.

The above paragraph which u written in edited your style doesn't justify as a Simple Hit kind of film got such a huge BlockBuster Success.

It was the FILM which was loved by audience, not just Salman fans, but non-Salman fans also, Famlies, kids, youth, oldies... it was all over Dhinka Chika.
Chameli_billi IF-Sizzlerz
Chameli_billi
Chameli_billi

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 12:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kitkataha

I've not seen Ready. Bodyguard worked sheerly because of the frenzy that surrounded it. The teri meri song, Salman's surgery (blv it or not, that favored it), and the Eid holiday. When I first read how the movie made so many crores in 3 days, I had to go to the nearby theater to see what was the big deal.LOL

You know, with Salman films, I have realized that you can watch them in the theater and the experience is not half as bad unlike when you're watching it in on tv. I had seen Bodyguard with a couple of friends (or more like I dragged them), and I didn't particularly hate myself after it. It was alright, plus the songs were good. But then when it was on TV, I tried watching it with my sister because she had no seen it and it was just boring. 

That makes a lot of sense! Where you watch it makes a lot of difference in Salman's films. I'm sure I'll dislike Ready if I watch it on TV again but like Bodyguard if it screens in the theater. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ILoveDramakitkataha

.Omkara. IF-Addictz
.Omkara.
.Omkara.

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 12:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Castiel-

As I said, I don't have a definitive answer to the questions you posed. The most likely scenario is that it is a mixture of different things. I like Anastasia's answer so I am going to steal itLOL

A mixture of all of the above probably explains why these two movies were such big hits. I don't think there can be ONE single variable that is the answer. It has to be a mix =]

Agree :)

Actually, my point is people which say "Salman Sleep Walks" and film became HIT is not the right way to describe the success of those 5 blockbusters which came back 2 back.

If this was the case then MAMK & YUVVRAAJ would have been ATBB of Hindi Cinema, which were not, they were rejected by Same audience which made Salman's Last 5 such huge success.

-Castiel-

PigBenis IF-Dazzler
PigBenis
PigBenis

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 12:52pm | IP Logged
There are many factors that go into a movie's success. One can't simply point which out of which made the film successful.

Same with these two films. You can't generally make assumption of what made these two films huge hits. 

But for Ready's case I think it was chart-buster music like Dhinka Chika and Character Dheela IMO.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ILoveDramaForeverSHINeeOJ6.0Chameli_billi

d-_-b IF-Sizzlerz
d-_-b
d-_-b

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 12:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Dexterkilaila

Originally posted by kitkataha

I've not seen Ready. Bodyguard worked sheerly because of the frenzy that surrounded it. The teri meri song, Salman's surgery (blv it or not, that favored it), and the Eid holiday. When I first read how the movie made so many crores in 3 days, I had to go to the nearby theater to see what was the big deal.LOL

You know, with Salman films, I have realized that you can watch them in the theater and the experience is not half as bad unlike when you're watching it in on tv. I had seen Bodyguard with a couple of friends (or more like I dragged them), and I didn't particularly hate myself after it. It was alright, plus the songs were good. But then when it was on TV, I tried watching it with my sister because she had no seen it and it was just boring. 

That makes a lot of sense! Where you watch it makes a lot of difference in Salman's films. I'm sure I'll dislike Ready if I watch it on TV again but like Bodyguard if it screens in the theater. 

Even a shittiest movie when watched in theatre seems OK. The point is that Salman has the ability to drive hordes of ppl to theatre. His larger than life image has the pull.

ILoveDrama

.Omkara. IF-Addictz
.Omkara.
.Omkara.

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 12:56pm | IP Logged
Salman's Last 5 films:

1. Dabangg = 140 cr

2. Ready = 122 cr

3. BodyGuard = 148 cr

4. Ek Tha Tiger = 199 cr

5. Dabangg 2 = 160 cr

___________________ Now in this list between 5 films exist 2 films of this thread.

Now, when a Star gets a Big HIT, to repeat n give bigger or similar kind of success is the most difficult part, which many big big stars couldn't achieve in their best phase.

If Ready was Bad, it should have fallen after 1st weekend, like Himmatwala fall from 2nd day itself irrespective of the Director/Main Hero's past film success which that same audience gave them.

Ready should have fallen from 2nd week, 3rd week????? How much a Bad film can score??

122 Cr is not a easy figure to achieve on that much scale of Release n with that BAD WOM if that movie is receiving.

Now, after Ready came BodyGuard, now if WOM of Ready was so bad... how come BG Scored a Fantastic 21 cr opening day??

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

OJ6.0Sanju_wat_up

Go to top